How do you mix: by weight or by syringes?

I finally got a scale and started mixing by weight (Woot!) and man is it easy. Like many, I don’t know why I waited so long. I experienced the variance in drop sizes first hand the other day. A Capella bottle took 13 drops to get to the weight I was looking for while the bottles from ECX (not needle but that tiny tip) took 16. That doesn’t seem like a lot at first until you’re looking at something like Bavarian Cream or Acetyl Pyrazine where a few drops (especially in 10ml) can make a huge difference. :smile: I am so excited to try what I made and see how it turned out! Thanks to everyone who touted the benefits of mixing by weight!!

2 Likes

I would second that motion, haven’t been mixing that long but I have a little bit of OCD so I
like everything to be as good as I can make it. Thank you to everyone.

1 Like

Isn’t it though? Now, it’s a joy to sit and mix without all the measuring and counting! Just dump the liquids in the beakers, while the scale does the real work! Welcome to stress free mixing!!!

3 Likes

Crossing my fingers with you that the next one is just dandy!!!

1 Like

It so is! I’m twiddling my thumbs wishing I could mix up some more stuff, but I’m out of bottles now. :frowning: I ordered some more but they’re on the slow boat. I should have paid more attention to what I was ordering; I didn’t realize they wouldn’t be here until June. LoL

I’ve been ordering these from eBay. They are great for me cause I am constantly mixing up a new recipe and bottling it for the steep. The seller is great, ships quickly and I’ve never had a bottle come broken in shipment.

3 Likes

Seller info

1 Like

I know how you feel about the bottles, I ordered some three weeks ago and they still are not here.
Slow Boat China shipping… I am lucky there is a local shop just around the corner that will sell me bottles for a pretty good price. 48 drippers for 30 bucks thou…Smoken’ deal…
Is that in the states…?

1 Like

Yup, in the US. The seller does do International shipping.

Even better, I will have to check them out for sure.
Thanks for the info.

So, I didn’t order from the person you posted Jim, but I may in the future. I just couldn’t help myself…I got a few of the pretty colored ones over at www.glassbottleoutlet.com LoL I’ve been meaning to get some glass bottles, but for some (crazy, I’m sure) reason I’ve been putting it off. I like the convenience and ease of transport with plastic bottles, but I want to put some of my regulars in glass to have at home. Prettier, more eco friendly, more economical, probably safer. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And glass bottles just look way cooler… Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I just Ordered 35 various from GlassBottleOutlet.com Friday. I didnt get the pretty colors though, just plain amber ones. I hope they dont ship mine on the same boat as yours Jo

Do you find glass bottles improve taste or have any effect on the juice ? Or is it just easier to clean ?

Oh, those are in addition to the plastic ones coming on the slow boat. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I need to get some more of the plastic ones with dropper tips myself. Im gonna look around for a faster boat tho. LOL

Glass seals up better and I believe it will keep the juice fresh longer for storage. Also they are easy to clean and reuse. I use a. 30 or 60 ml plastic dropper bottle to carry my everyday juice for convenience and refill it every day or so.

1 Like

Over time, I have come to appreciate glass bottles for storage of my mixes. It’s kinda like making coffee in a French press pot. Nothing comes between me and the fresh ground beans except H2O and stainless steel mesh. Yummy! Same with glass bottles for my juice. I can wash and reuse them, knowing there is absolutely no residual flavors left over from the last juice, hiding in the plastic bottle or spout.

I used to have to soak the plastic bottles in vinegar for up to 48 hrs to rid them of residual flavors. Drag! Glass does not hold any scent.

1 Like

Ive been using 8 oz Mason Jelly jars for a couple of recipes I make in 240 ml batches, they work pretty good too. I have some 120ml, 240 ml and 480ml brown bottles on order. They should work better.

2 Likes

just got the tracking # for another scale from etekcity damn that was sooo easy THANKS @Jimk

2 Likes