How much nicotine?

I’ve recently given some vape gear to my brother, who had been a cigar smoker, rather than a cig smoker. I just gave him a couple of my old aerotank minis (cause I had plenty of coils to go with them) at 1.2 ohms… He hasn’t complained about the gear, but he’s said he’d like more of a nic hit, similar to what he got from cigars. The juice I made for him was 18 mg. How high can I go for someone who wants to vape occasionally as a replacement for cigars?

1 Like

You could look into nicotine salts - @Nicotine_River sells this. It’s “normal” to make MTL-juice that is 30-50 mg/ml with nicotine salts…

2 Likes

I agree with @daath that was my next suggestion. Just make sure it’s flavored I mixed so Nic salt juice unflavored and man I can taste that stuff lol it will get the job done though I got my Nic fix with it pretty quickly and it was only at 24mg on a MTL set up. But I sub ohm 3mg regularly so 24 was a bit high for me

1 Like

Okay, let me tell you about my prevape life.

It was horrible and I knew it. On average I smoked no less than 6 packs of cigar cigarettes a day and several cigars…

Will fast forward threw the store bought mods I tried. Cause I still wanted my cigs and cigar.

Ended up with a sub tank nano with a dripper… still wasn’t enough nic. So I asked can I get higher nic . Was told 24 was the highest they could make.

“Well then give me some”
@ first then tried to talk me into something lower until I said look this is the minimum I smoke a day

24 nic hit the spot until about 6 maths then I dropped to

Ran out of juice local vape couldn’t sell me a smaller bottle and they make their own. And have smaller 0 nic bottles so cigar cigs it was

Nearly cut my hand off with a table saw because of the idiot I worked with.
But learned were to go to get stuff to make juice and were to get recipes

And currently at 6 nic thou it’s almost time to drop again, starting to get nic sic when I vape a lot or maybe I just needed to eat

And so concludes the last 2 yrs of my nicotine habit. Hope this helps

Congratulations on the progress on your vaping journey. Can I correctly assume, from your history, that if I up the nic in the juice I make for my bother to 24 mg, I won’t be killing him?

I’ve read about nic salts – maybe even on the Nic River website. If I understand correctly, they are (it is) smoother than regular nic, so you can vape at a higher level without coughing yourself to death.

I will definitely look into that. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve heard you can buy juice as high as 36.

But honestly I didn’t need to find out.

If you make 24 for him , make sure he understands that if it makes him sick he will need to lower his nic.

When it was time for me to drop it made me Nauseous I also get nauseous when I need to eat so sometimes it was hard to tell which it was… forget to eat sometimes

But yes if he’s still wanting a cigar after vaping try raising the nic.

May also try cigar type flavors… when it came to my cigars it was more about the flavor.
Tastes better lit with a wooden match
Let the ash fall off the cigar never thump it off
Don’t inhale just savor the flavor in your mouth

Now the elcheapo Black n mild cigars yea inhaled them thumped the ash light them with a big lighter

Just curious, why not upgrade the gear?go lower ohm, it worked for me.

1 Like

@Jc113 makes a great point. Maybe a entry subohm setup may be what you friend needs. Something as simple as a crown v1 0.25 or 0.5 316ssl coils.

For me I started with the nautilus mini and it was good. But my eyes popped when I tried a subohm tank. The tank doesn’t need to be a baby beast dragon fuck 12strand bs…a simple subohm may be a good starting point.

1 Like

Does he inhale the smoke or make it like Bill Clinton? Sorry, i´m not familiar with smoking cigars…

2 Likes

dunno for real sir… nic is users preference… 4 years ago when i started vaping i started using 24mg/nic but in that time the tanks were too tight, my tank could only get 2,5ohm resistance and 1.8ohm as far i remember… but in general you couldn’t have much vapor at these times…

a tank with lower coils or that produce more vapor could hold him at 18mg or even lower (something like melo 4 since it has tonz of choices in terms of coils)
Nic Salts (that’s just personal opinion) seem more satisfying than normal nic juices (i tried a 50mg (5%) juice with nic salts, it really seems satisfying in terms of nic intake but i can’t really use them since i vape like a robot, no matter if i need to take a hit for real or not, i keep vaping because of habbit unfortunately… if that’s the case i don’t recommend very high nics of any kind nic salts or not)
he could go up to 24mg/ml nic juices…

but the most inexpesive way i can think is trying a higher nic juice than buying a new tank or coils… is trying higher nic juice or nic salt juices… if these choices wont work i would suggest trying lower resistance coils :slight_smile:

gl and hf :wink:

1 Like

Looking through my old emails I found this order dated in 2011:

1 x Cookies n’ Cream = $30.00
Base Liquid PG 80% / VG 20%
Size 180ml
Nicotine Content (per mL) 24mg/2.4% NBV (High)
Flavor Strength Regular (10%)

Sub-Total: $30.00
Flat Rate (Best Way): $6.00
Total: $36.00

Strange how things use to be higher pg than vg, if they aren’t sub ohming 24mg nic isn’t going to kill them (my humble opinion of course).

3 Likes

Aren’t ya glad you don’t spend $36 on 180ml of juice anymore? :wink:

2 Likes