Hurricane Vapor selling their recipes

@Sprkslfly @Naseschwarz Thank you for your consideration and kind words.
I am fortunately in a position where the cost involved is not a big deal, and am quite happy for anyone who feels like it, to add the recipes to the forum with no mention of me at all. In my mind the subject is closed, and any reference to the “ïncident” should certainly not be put into any recipe. In fact what incident :smiley:
Call it my contribution to this fine community if you will.

13 Likes

You should still get to upload them, me thinks :wink: in case you’d go through the hassle to sort through the mess they call “recipe book”… :pensive:

2 Likes

To be accurate TFA is 5% sucralose and 5% maltol whereas CAP is 20% sucralose and has a few more controversial ingredients (but that’s been covered here I’m sure). I was referring to the proportion of sucralose between the two and the insane amounts in these recipes.

1 Like

Ive found out how strong caps super sweet is after trying that recipie in different %,for me its unvapable.i was even more surprised at how much my workmates liked it as per the recipie %.dont figure.thanks for the education on tpa sweetner i didnt know it had em in it too.

2 Likes

I just finally bought some Super Sweet to try out a clone recipe someone posted. Not only was it practically unvapeable to me, but the residual ruined the next 2 tanks of my ADV. Glad I didn’t order a bigger size!

2 Likes

I bought 118ml of it to try the same recipie(betty clone)just to test the % on it because it goes against everything ive read on here about sweetners.made it steeped it then tried it,1 same as recipie and 1 at half % of the recipie and i couldnt tell the difference they were both that sweet,totally unvapable.so i took it to work and gave it away as testers just to see what ppl would say,they loved it and not one person said one was sweeter than the other.lol that sweetness off that juice gives me nightmares.

3 Likes

The one I was testing had SS at 2%, and no go for me.

2 Likes

Mine had 15% and 7.5% per 100ml and 10%forest mix if i remember correctly.then a casual dilute to a third because its stronger than tpa sweetner.as ive learned today its upto 4 times stronger than tpa.maybe try it in drops rather than a ml measurement that may be better for you.

1 Like

1-3 drops per 10 ml is the highest I’ve used SS with each drop measuring roughly 0.02 ml in the bottle I use for SS. EM and Maltol are chemically different but I have no clue taste wise the difference or if there even is one. Even after dry burning I’d swear SS leaves a residue I can smell on the coil.

1 Like

Last time i used it i used 2 ml in 500ml of juice and i think il end up putting another 1ml in at the end of this week.your right it does seem to linger about when you think its gone,someone else commented about that yesterday.

I can’t use any more than 1-2 drops per 30ml! And often 2 is too much.

I would love to have the Strawberry Fog Milk recipe

This makes the base

I think it is mixed at about 12%

Awesome thank you

I thought I read somewhere they suggested 15% total flavor as a starting point, so that is what I’ve been using.

Hurricane recipes I’ve made so far:

Blueberry Fog Milk, steeped for 30 days before trying it and is a winner for me. I’ve made a big batch of it as well as tester batches of the strawberry and custard versions. 26 more steeping days to go…

Dragon’s Fluff, which I didn’t like, but after trying several recipes with Dragonfruit in them that I didn’t like, I finally figured out I don’t really care for that flavor too much.

Galleta Dulce, sort of. The original recipe uses cinnamon sugar cookie, dulce leche and french vanilla deluxe. I don’t have cinnamon sugar cookie, so I took some cinnamon cookie juice I had (cinnamon danish swirl and cookie) and added the other two flavors. Turned out pretty good.

Dulce de Leche Ice Cream. Haven’t tried it yet, only three more steeping days to go. I’m hoping it turns out ok. The original recipe uses Espresso, but I don’t have that either and used cappuccino instead.

You are correct they did say %15 I found %12 didn’t change the profile much - I also took out the sweetener can used a smidge of stevia. I found the two I did make were much nicer to me.

The reason I suggested 12% is it is easier to add more flavor rather than add a heap more pg/vg/nic.

2 Likes

I have made 6 different recipes including Strawberry Fog Milk from the spreadsheet with the exact same ingredients as per recipe and all 6 with the correct amount of sweetener as per Hurricanes suggestion. They all ended up down the sink, (even with a 4-6 week steep they didn’t improve) because of the amount of sweetener used.

I would suggest, if making them up make a 10ml sample as per recipe, a 10ml sample with no sweetener added and another 10ml sample with either a reduction of 50-75% of sweetener suggested in original recipe or just a flat 0.5-0.75% stevia in place of the sweetener and see how they pan out for you.

The flavours are there but the sweetener kills any finished flavour that maybe there, or it is just a lazy way of masking/disguising a poor recipe overall in some cases

3 Likes

I was going to make a comment after seeing the recipes.

Srtawnana Cheesecake has 50% of flavour total as sweetener!!!
No words…

I foolishly mixed this at 20% when the recipes were first available. It was so sickly sweet. I’ve still not gone back to try it properly yet but 12% sounds exactly right based on the taste at 20% :joy: