I want create a simple Marzipan juice and need your advise

Hello

I love Marzipan. I got the Marzipan Flavor from FA. Now I would like to mix a simple Marzipan juice. Here’s a list of my humble flavor stash. So far, I mixed only 3 recipes from here. All of them are amazing. I tried some experiments by myself )not with marzipan) and they…well…I can vape it but…yeah…I would give them to my friends :smiley:

My idea is a mix with Marzipan, Yellow Cake and Bavarian Cream DX. Can this work? I thought it would be nice if the juic has some creamy and cake components. But I’m not sure yet. I’ll check some other recipes here to figure out what could be a possible balance of those flavors. How ever, I’m thankful for every suggestions.

Edit: Some juices are very smooth. I almost want to say creamy. The Humble Juice for example are that way. Others are more clear…sharp…difficult to describe. I wanted the Marzipan juice the creamy way. That’s why I came up with cream flavors. But may be that’s not the way to go.

Apple fuji (FA)
Banana Cream (TPA)
Bavarian Cream DX
Cream Fresh (FA)
Custard (FA)
DX Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)
Greek Yogurt (TPA)
Kiwi Double (TPA)
Marshmallow (FA)
Marzipan (FA)
Orange Mango (Stevia) (Cap)
Peaches and Cream (Cap)
RF Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
Sweet Cream (TPA)
Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
Vanilla Custard (TPA)
Vanilla Custard v1 (Cap)
Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
Yellow Cake (Cap)

1 Like

|Bavarian Cream - Capella (Capella’s CAP)|3.9|
|Cream Fresh / Panna Fresca (FA) (FlavourArt FA)|1.5|
|Marshmallow (FA) (FlavourArt FA)|1.0|
|Vanilla Custard (Flavor Apprentice TFA/TPA)|2.0|
|Marzipan - Flavourart (FlavourArt FA)|3.2|

I just mixed this. VG/PG 70/30, It’s based on the Cream Base. The numbers are %. I tested it. It’s definitive smooth. I can taste the cream. Not so the Marzipan. The flavors are quite muted in general. Ok, let’s give some time.

But in general, would you say that recipe might work? I wonder if I should add more Marzipan. I think so, but I hope someone can give me a hint. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there! Let me start by saying I dont have any of your flavors, so I can’t help there. But, conceptually:

Have you tried a single flavor test with Marzipan FA? It could be just what you are looking for on it’s own. If you haven’t tried it, I’d recommend giving it a shot and let it steep for at least a week, see if it’s missing any aspect of the flavor of real Marzipan, and try to add what it’s missing next. This will help focus your additional flavor choices.

Looking up common ingredients for real marzipan, its most commonly sugar (maybe honey) and ground almonds. So, I’m not sure if you need cream or vanilla. You have 3 flavors in your recipe that add Vanilla to the mix, so unless you have some very Vanilla idea of what marzipan is, it may be too much. Cream can smooth(make it creamy) and add body(thickness) to a mix, but you might be best off finding an almond concentrate if the Marzipan FA isn’t Marzipany enough.

Again, I have no experience with these, just going off of intuition! Good luck with this! I hope someone with more practical experience will help you out.

9 Likes

Thank you. That sounds like a plan. I’ll try a single flavor test. It’s great you confirmed that cream can makes it smooth, creamy, heavy. I really like that effect. Methinks it makes even bigger clouds…but that might be only in my head. Once I tested Yellow Cake by itself. The taste was good, but not a round taste…so to say. I’ll try also to add some cream to the Yellow Cake.

3 Likes

I agree with @Plunderdrum. Make a single flavor mix at about 1%. FA Marzipan is pretty strong. You may be able to mix it a 2% seeing as how you really like this flavor.

This is a sweet and nutty concentrate. If you had Fa Almond… but you don’t.

Next, I would make some more single flavor mixes. Peaches and cream, Kiwi, Marshmallow (gives mouthfeel) Fuji and even your yellow cake.

So, what I do is, after they are steeped, I prepare my rda and start tasting. mix a little peaches and cream and marshmallow with some marzipan and see if you like it.

You might also want to see what the notes on marzipan say. Also, I would check out the resource page and read up on http://e-liquid-recipes.com/master-mixers-tips-and-tricks and there are some more gems in there also.

good luck. Be sure to let us know how you fair.

6 Likes

You don’t have all the flavors, but worth getting pear (fa)

5 Likes

[quote=“liquid2vape, post:1, topic:200083”]
I love Marzipan. I got the Marzipan Flavor from FA. Now I would like to mix a simple Marzipan juice. Here’s a list of my humble flavor stash. So far, I mixed only 3 recipes from here. All of them are amazing. I tried some experiments by myself )not with marzipan) and they…well…I can vape it but…yeah…I would give them to my friends :smiley:
My idea is a mix with Marzipan, Yellow Cake and Bavarian Cream DX. Can this work? I thought it would be nice if the juic has some creamy and cake components. But I’m not sure yet. I’ll check some other recipes here to figure out what could be a possible balance of those flavors. How ever, I’m thankful for every suggestions.
Edit: Some juices are very smooth. I almost want to say creamy. The Humble Juice for example are that way. Others are more clear…sharp…difficult to describe. I wanted the Marzipan juice the creamy way. That’s why I came up with cream flavors. But may be that’s not the way to go[/quote]
Could try something like:
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/56028/mix
Notice that Marzipan is used as a secondary in quite a few recipes and bolstered to accompany a main (the recipe above, an exception) by commonly adding honey/sugar and an additional something from the almond flavor family (toasted etc…).

5 Likes

This one is very muted to me, was testing it end of last week.
Not sure if too much/too little/user issue.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. You’re very helpful. Now I got some decent input to work with it.

Much appreciated.

4 Likes

I guess it’s the age old question of what you’re vaping it on… and to me, it doesn’t always need to be an in-your-face flavor to be enjoyable.
On an RDA, there’s a very clear flavor and you can pick out the apple, pear and marzipan easily but if you’re vaping it in a tank with commercial coil heads, I can understand some people will want to boost the total flavor.

The good thing with these DIY recipes is that it’s all up to you. Not strong enough, increase the flavor total. Too strong, decrease it a bit. What’s important with these recipes is if the overall flavor profile is something you like or not.
If you’re familiar with HIC’s recipes, you’ll know what I’m talking about. A lot of people will (by definition) up the flavor total by 25% because they have the same complaint you have here. For me and my setup, this is just about right on most occasions.
And even though the marzipan is only 0.10%, you can clearly pick it up… but if you want it stronger, you can probably up it to 0.25% without totally destroying the profile.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting post. My setup is a smok x-priv with rba prince tfv12. Still have some coils from smok. I experimented a lot the last weeks with different coils and wick. Imo I’m close to my personal sweet spot regarding to ramp-up te, flavor and clouds.

Then I got 2 rda. The Mutation-X V4s. I got those rba for only 5 cents. As you said, the flavor is more diversified on the rda than on the rba, even I’m quite close now with the rba. I guess a major part which matters is the airflow and the different space. Please keep in mind I just started to vape about 4 weeks ago… So I have a lot to learn. At least I realized relatively early that vaping is a lot more than only a replacement for cigarettes. I smoked 30 cigarettes per day. Now I’m happy with 4mg nicotine in my juices. With that i decided to build my own coils and mix my juice. I didn’t smoke since 3 weeks and it’s very easy. Even during stress or anger in daily life… I don’t miss cigarettes anymore. And there are two other great side effects. First, I eat much less sweet things. Vaping is satisfying me completely. And second, since many years I use nose inhaler every few minutes. Can’t breath trough the nose without it. Since I vape, I use at least 90% less of this nose spray. That’s amazing.

So far I mixed 3 recipes from here. And each of them is fantastic even they hadn’t enough time to steep yet.

But I’m happy that I found already a few recipes which gives me solid all day juices.

And I’m thankful for all of your knowledge you share.

5 Likes

It is my serpent SMM with my favourite flat ribbon SS coil, which do not tend to lack flavours.

Read my previous message as:

• there is this recipe
  • it is pretty popular
  • I tried it and it did not work for me and I am unsure why.

hence try if you want but I can’t quite recommend it myself.

For the record the same build is tasty on the polar bear nutz (http://tjek.nu/r/9m2z) which seems to me like a much harder profile to reproduce.

1 Like

@SuperFrog thanks for the interesting recipe link. If I was a Commercial juice manufacturer I would jump right on “Polar Bear Nuts” …wait, that sounded wrong. I mean 2.35% (the major expense?) flavoring? …compelling notion …also the concept that “less is actually more” is an easy test. I believe the brain fills in flavors like eyesight can seem able to zoom in at long distances, and we might only need a hint, rather than a smack, for a tasty Vape experience. This is truer with stronger flavors and Marzipan is one of those.

4 Likes

Hello
In the meanwhile I got Almond an Roasted Almond. I wonder what your Idea was :slight_smile:

1 Like