If a recipe marked as Private

So I’m curious. I put one of my recipes up yesterday and kept it private until it hit the 21 day mark for steeping. I released it today but could not find it until I slogged through 3 pages worth of recipes.

The question is…does the posted date take on whatever date it was first entered even if it was Private?

5 Likes

Yes. It looks like your best option (if you want the recipe at the top) would be to adapt it and make the adaptation the public one

9 Likes

Ok, that’s what I suspected. Thank you.
You’d think after putting out numerous recipes I would know that by now. :pensive:

9 Likes

That’s been my remedy.

4 Likes

You used to be able to keep pushing recipe to the frontpage by making it private again, and once more make it publish. I guess this has been changed to prevent this.

@daath, solution might be to have a “published_at” field in the DB, which can only be updated when “NULL”, this way we wont have to recreate the recipes when we want to publish to be able to get on the lading page while avoiding it being possible to keep pushing it onto that page.

1 Like

@daath, please do employ @lummy’s solution, if workable.
I’ve been annoyed by the number of people publishing recipes that they. presumably, haven’t even tasted ,. Haven’t seen fit to comment on, at any rate. It now occurs to me, that premature publication could be another way some people have of making sure their their recipe gets it’s five minutes in the spotlight! Lummy’s fix could put a stop to that. or reduce it, at least.

As for me, I’ve never found out how you’re supposed to get that recipe list up,… yes, despite checking all the relevent beginner’s threads,. They all tell you how to pick out the top -rated recipes etc. from the list, but assume that you’ve managed to find the list in the first place! No help for idiots like me!

I do manage to find that recipe list , on occasion, by some tortuous, largely accidental process which I can never afterwards recall. But I have no direct link to recipe list in the user menu -not that i can see,. just a link to the flavour list.

Normally I search for recipes by flavour or stash, so no biggie if can’t find the full recipe list. But I would like to know what I’m missing sometimes. Would like to search by other criteria , say, name of recipe rather than ingredients.

Maybe some kind soul could add that info (“How to find the recipe list” ) to beginners tutorial ? Then post me a link?

1 Like

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to do, I use this link which I have bookmarked in my browser. It is customized to land on the front recipe page and filter out single flavor recipes from the git-go. (don’t get me started on single flavor recipes!)

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=&exclsingle=1

4 Likes

Yep. that’s what I want, Thanks :slight_smile:

The list is on the ELR-Home page, the first page you come to when you go to e-liquid-recipes.com, just scroll down and the most current recipes pop up in the list. Hit the Ratings button on the top right of the list columns. You hit exclude singles button to do that. But, the link above does all of that for you, so that’s much easier. But, the list you couldn’t find is just the hone page of the recipe side of ELR.

1 Like

@TorturedZen loves single flavour recipes and people adding flavors wrong in there stash/recipes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

Who, me? :innocent:

1 Like

How do you make a private recipe public … What I mean is , I habe a recipe that has been steeping for 2weeks its been private , but now I am sharing it public I have to adapt that recipe to release it on the front page today… If I remember right we didn’t habe to do that back in the day… Is adapting it the only way to share on front page ??? I hope this makes sense , @daath any gix for this in the future???

2 Likes

Go to edit and make public is below the save button

2 Likes

If i just do that it will be on ppage 15 instead of showing today on page 1

2 Likes

I thought you just go to the little icon that says “this recipe is private!”, and click on it.
I’ve done that, of course I don’t know if I’ve done it successfully. So I will await the answer from someone smarter than the both of us.

3 Likes

Ohhh, yeah, I see what you’re saying now

3 Likes

Yes , but if you made the recipe on July 19th and want to make it public today it will be archived back on the original datr instead of today’s date…i rarely make a recipe and share it publicalky on the same day …So the only thing I can think of is to Adapt but not change anything , share then go erase the one from the original creation date …

2 Likes

Yeah, I see what you’re saying… And thanks for reminding me to make mine private again, I suppose you can make a new recipe and transfer, lol

3 Likes

Ya thats what I do , I adapt and keep ut the same then gonerase the original , but it will still say adapted then when someone clicks to see the recipe it was adapted from its gone lol

2 Likes

That’s how I do it too. I never paid attention to which page it loaded on. That is a pain in the arse isn’t it?

2 Likes