Inawera Tasting Notes

Good move on the %! Yikes! Strong stuff!

2 Likes

At least youā€™ve got some use for it, which is better than the drain!

1 Like

Haha yupā€¦most of my misfit flavors wind up in coffee or some other type of food/beverage. The only one Iā€™ve ever tossed was Crispy Bacon.

Yikes, wasnā€™t it Cap that had that flavour included in a package deal? The sole reason I didnā€™t go for that was that the bacon was included. That was probably the only way they could get rid of it. It might be a nice addition to some cat or dog food though!

Nice! Now if only I had any of those other flavors. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Never too early to start your Santa list!

1 Like

Some more tobacco flavours from Inawera left to steep for about 10 days.

555 Gold; is a sweet, nutty tobacco vape with a hint of vanilla. I started all of these tobaccos at 3% but this one could be mixed at 5%

Gold & Silver; is another sweet tobacco with plum notes. Could also be mixed at 5%

Tabac; is like it says, a tobacco with ginger and vanilla notes. Supposedly there is cinnamon but I donā€™t really get that. Itā€™s a clear juice, but the tast conjures up images of a golden-brown liquid. 3% is plenty IMO.

De Luxe; a nice tobacco vape with notes of dark chocolate, vanilla, honey and cocoa. I like this at 3%, might be overpowering at a higher percentage.

Black Jack Tobacco; a tobacco (cigarette) vape with a hint of licorice, comes through well enough at 3%.

Nangka; fruity tobacco vape with caramel and honey, I think I will try this one at 5%

PS Before I forget, Marzipan Yummy Classic. If you want to add a sweet note with marzipan, stick to FA. This one is more of a bitter almond variety. It is nice though, just not for a sweet note.

4 Likes

Very nice!

Those all sound great, esp. the Black Jack. Youā€™re making my ā€œbuy buttonā€ finger very itchy!

1 Like

That was itching already at the mention of Don Hill for cedar notes. While your at it, donā€™t forget Inawera Blend, it has cedar notes too and DNB sounds great too. This is a characteristic ā€œashyā€ flavour, quite thick and heavy. Recommended dosage is 1%. Gives tobacco, cigarette - ā€œashyā€ flavour to each aroma." Might just improve lousy cigar flavour!
Just mention it because ordering just 2 flavours is not really worth exercising your finger for. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thanks for the review. I have this one steeping. I started low so Iā€™ll just go and up this a bit.

1 Like

I have sooooo many flavors sitting in bottles right now that need to be flavor tested and reviewed. This fact is keeping me from doing a lot of buying at the moment. But, the good cigar search just might make me take the plunge on a couple of cedar note tobaccos. Itā€™s so hard not to fall prey to good reviews! However, I will never say, STOP! ; )

1 Like

I think this flavour can handle a little more, but remember, taste is subjective. I thought I was almost joint at the hip when it comes to taste with @Jimk, until he mentioned Rooibos. I canā€™t stand Rooibos!

1 Like

Crossing my fingers here :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I meant to tell you about my Angus cow poop extractions! Iā€™ll be glad to FedEx a ā€œfreshā€ bottle of it to you! Donā€™t let the extreme black/brown quality throw you; itā€™s not a coil gunker, but boy itā€™s a hearty vape! Kinda grassy though.

1 Like

Is still ongoing. Tried the INW old havana at 5%. It is supposed to be a cigar flavour with custard notes but I get neither of those. What I do get is perfume. Maybe theyā€™ve attempted to get a cedar note in it but I can say they failed miserably. Hoping the Dun Hill will be good.

[quote=ā€œJosephine_van_Rijn, post:129, topic:14166ā€]
Still donā€™t get any Wertherā€™s Original in the Cherimoya
[/quote]I do get it now itā€™s been steeping a while longer at 7%. Itā€™s a very subtle aftertaste on the exhale. I think I will put the percentage up a notch and use it as a standalone. It has a lot of nuances on its own and Iā€™m afraid mixing it with other flavours will kinda spoil it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for your review, patientlyā€¦

In the search for a good cigar flavor with cedar notes, I have been in contact with a couple of gentlemen in the flavor biz about this topic. No definite yes or no answers yet on them actively adding/producing a quality cigar flavor with the cedar note, but Iā€™m hoping I can persuade them to take action.

So far, the FA Tuscan Reserve Ultimate is my one and only ā€œgo toā€ flavor for that cigar note. Itā€™s an aquired taste, cigar is, but Iā€™m sure there are more folks out there others than the two of us which would love to have more choices.

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping right along with you.

[quote=ā€œJimk, post:158, topic:14166ā€]
Iā€™m sure there are more folks out there others than the two of us
[/quote]You are forgetting @vonTrueso, that makes three. I think that warrants a whole new line dedicated to cigar flavours, we should start a pressure group.

the FA Tuscan Reserve Ultimate is my one and only
[/quote] That is a nice flavour, I only wish there were more of them.

3 Likes

Indeed you are correct! Sorry about that @vonTrueso! Iā€™m sure there are a few Aussie vapers that would love a good cigar flavor as well!

3 Likes

Well, I know of at least 1!

No definite yes or no answers yet on them actively adding/producing a quality cigar flavor with the cedar note
[/quote]Thats positiveā€¦well, not exactly,. but its not negative. If you could talk em into making just the cedar note weā€™d be dancin!.. it could be used with other flavors as wellā€¦as you would use oak wood or red oak etc. It would be no less versatile.

So, neither of you have tried the Don Hill yet? Iā€™ll have it on my next order, along with the Tuscan, but it might be a while. Budget blown.

1 Like

ā€¦& thats no problemo!