January 31, 2018 Super Blue Blood Moon! Do NOT Panic!

Announcement:

I wish NASA would include Arkansas and Eastern USA, but NO00oo.

12 Likes

A few centuries back this would be considered a bad omen and the flu panic would be replaced by super blue blood moon panic :new_moon: :sweat_smile:
The world is ending my son :end:

10 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, it may be time to evacuate this planet.
https://www.space.com/39208-super-blue-blood-moon-guide.html
It will not be visible at all in the Mid-Atlantic Ocean but…

9 Likes

So you’re saying I should cancel the human sacrifice party?
Actually, I’m hoping to catch some of this since I missed the last blood moon. Got to get the camera ready and the ladder to the roof set up.

3 Likes

Seriously thank you for posting this, i dern near forgot all about it.

6 Likes

Well my wife is in the hospital, but I spotted the moon out her window early this morning, so my wife and I got to witness the super blue blood moon in partial eclipse!

1 Like

Beautiful event! Cooked up a couple of the neighbors and had a party!

2 Likes

Glad you could see the blood moon, but sorry where you had to do it from.

1 Like

Prayers. 10chr

2 Likes

The Moon tonight is absolutely beautiful very large but more pale yellow as I see it now on the East coast. I will have to check NASA for pictures of the lunar in the morning.

3 Likes

Yeah, big and beautiful here too but im out of the zone, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Me too I’m back in FL presently so not guna see the real deal either but the Moon is stunning tonight !

3 Likes

At the very least it will get people outside and looking up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Totally agree I love stargazing. I used to have a telescope but that was many moons and moves ago lol :wink:

3 Likes

So wish that last night the camera battery was charged i was forced to take a really crappy picture with my phone.
But the red moon did look cool.

3 Likes

It looked something like this but the earth’s shadow on top left was more defined and it was more golden yellow colored. I attempted a pic with my cell phone but it failed. We watched it for about 10 minutes early morning sometime around 4am before it set behind a building
note: i did not take this pic, just found it on the net, then edited it to match my memory.

4 Likes

OMG It ALL makes sense now!!

:flushed:

Don’t panic everyone! It’s just the super blue blood full moon! Everything will resume it’s happy equilibrium in 3…2…
Hrm…maybe not. :no_mouth:

:rofl: It was pretty beautiful, not gonna lie. I stood out in the cold for a few extra minutes just to look at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. Too soon?

3 Likes

Or not soon enough, you had to be up before sunrise this morning
:slight_smile: its ok though, these events happen about every 150 years.
Our local news made a time error for the visibility of the event, I think they used EST instead of CST because it looked quite eclipsed at the time we looked at it. I remembered it being 6am my wife told me it was 3 or 4am. There is another blue moon coming soon, some interesting reading about blue moon events can be found at:

2 Likes