Jungle Flavors Tasting Notes

Thank you @fidalgo_vapes and you’re right, they DO seem to do it better. Are they re-mixing existing brands ?? Spiking existing brands ?? I have no clue, but so far, I like what I am tasting.

7 Likes

Biscuit (JF) 3.0% (10-27-18) – I felt I already knew this flavor before testing it, as I read countless reviews stating it was JUST like a perfect pairing of INW Biscuit, and FA Cookie. Well, that’s about as RIGHT as it gets. I actually can’t think of a better description than that INW Biscuit + FA Cookie = JF Biscuit !!!
It’s actually quite an interesting blend (if not exactly those two companies flavors, but profiles for sure). INW Biscuit is more of an American biscuit like Bisquick, and FA Cookie is more like a European biscuit which would lean towards more cookie-ish. Pairing these two profiles yields a very interesting result. Actually vaped the entire tester which I didn’t see coming. I can already see countless uses for this, mostly bakery obviously, crust enhancements, some graininess, etc. The slight sweetness could really shift things in mixes, and probably in a good way at that. At 3% it was very full with just a hint of sweet, not overly dry, with nothing off putting, harsh, or artificial tasting. 9.5/10

10 Likes

i think they just see what popular from others and try to do it better take sweet strawberry from cap , then jf puts one out that i think can replace caps but jf seems stronger and a more well rounded SB

8 Likes

Sweet strawberry is next on deck.

6 Likes

Strawberry Sweet (JF) 5.0% (10-26-18) – Out of the gate, this one impressed. Very solid SB with depth. Mixed @ 5.0% it was very full and rich (as rich as a SB could be that is). Nothing off putting, or artificial tasting, but a great ripened strawberry. Not really a fresh per se, and had a tough of jammy-ness to it. I would rate it higher than CAP’s Sweet SB, but only a notch or two, as it seemed fuller, and perhaps more versatile. On a second tester tank if that’s any sign. Struggling to find an SB that I would compare it to, but maybe OOO Strawberry Ripe would be in the same ball park. For a jammy infused, ripe strawberry, that has just the right amount of sweetness this will work for you. 9.3/10

9 Likes

Cocoa (JF) 1.5% (10-28-18) – Having only vaped ONE (I think Cocoa) so far (FA Cocoa) and being stricken with it’s utter coil destroying ways, I was a little apprehensive in trying another, but try I must. First things, this one is clear, clear, CLEAR. What ?? How is that possible ?? At the low 1.5% strength, and after 2 weeks steep, this one looks to be another GEM from JF. Smells like it, tastes like it, but doesn’t gunk coils like it ?? Can’t compare to any other than FA’s, and it is in the same ballpark, without the gunking, and dryness that I got from the FA. Accuracy was pretty spot on, sweetness was at the mid point, with a nice even, mid to mid-dark cocoa. They really got this one pretty nailed down. Not a milk chocolate, nor a dark chocolate, but right smack dab in the middle of the cocoa road. No bitters, or dryness here, tastes pretty natural with no chemical, artificial, or off putting notes. Now this is NO Medicine Flower Dark Chocolate, but it’s not trying to be. I could see using this QUITE often, and am glad I bought a mini jug of it on sale no less. Going to toss this into one of my S’mores to really see what’s what, but at this point, this will be the fifth Jungle Flavor win in a row. One thing I noticed vaping it at 65 watts, I didn’t get any burning from it, as many chocolates do not like higher wattages, even though 65 watts isn’t terribly high. Having a hard time knocking it down, maybe 0.5 for a slight lack of richness/depth, but it’s just too damned tasty for being so clear, and non-gunking. 9.5/10.

14 Likes

Does it retain it’s “life” at lower power (30-40w)?
Or does it have to hit a certain point before it starts to bloom like some?

4 Likes

Let me back it down right now (hehe, 2nd tankful, and let’s see).

4 Likes

This one will be somewhat hard Rob, as almost halving my wattage it something to get used to (all of a sudden), BUT, chain vaping this little puppy, although it might not be as intense, it’s hasn’t lost it’s bloom. Wow, I’m not sure I would have thought to try that, good call. My intent was to go through (2) 3ml tankfuls (SC v.1.) and check the coils, for gunking, or lack thereof. Will check back in if anything changes during this tankful, but so far, 2 thumbs up, even @ 35w. @ 0.35ohms.

5 Likes

As we can see throughout the topic or maybe the other JB thread, I do like most of them and these replaced my fw, cap, tpas etc.

Some flavors I stayed away from for example the cocoa because of other cocoa I tried and didn’t like, so thanks for the notes on that.

Most of their line I would recommend like the cookie v2, biscuit, yellow cake, Graham crust, Bavarian cream, honey peach. Used to use sweet strawberry but replaced it with vt shisha strawberry.

Anyways what I wanted to say is, no matter what you do, don’t get pink burst (jf). Licking a latex bed sheet is more enjoyable, and no I get no “pink” only waxy/latex weirdness. Letting the testers steep and see if it turns into a taffy of whatever kind. Also in comparison to the other JF flavors, this is extremely weak lol.

6 Likes

You weren’t alone in this fear @estorm.

Ahhhh, that reminds me when I accidentally used some of my NEW INW Milk Chocolate. Latex and rubber bands abounded.

6 Likes

/blinkblink
:flushed:

Oooooh girl… I’ma just have to button it. Else we revive the “private area” threads of Olde. LMFAO

5 Likes

Honey Dew Melon (JF) 1.8% (10-29-18) – I have vaped more than a few Honey Dew Melons and am pretty aware of the pitfalls, shortcomings, and olfactory offenses that I’ve experienced. Many times when SF testing, the moment you take a vape of a new flavor you immediately think of a similar flavor. That happened with this one, and it immediately reminded me of none other than Medicine Flower’s HDM. Now before I overcharge the flux capacitor and blow up the universe, it’s not quite that good, BUT, it’s in the same arena (that means very good). It’s a very rich, green, and fresh tasting HDM. It’s a tad sweeter than MF’s, and higher than average sweetness, but that’s not a terrible thing here, but worth noting. Lots and lots of nice green melon with the inner and outer fleshy parts, with maybe a hint of rind. This does NOT come across near as effortlessly natural as the MF does, but once again, it’s in the ballpark. @estorm cautioned some of the Jungle Flavors were strong, and this is one of the stronger ones. @ 1.8% but could probably range lower @ 1.0-1.5%. Very smooth, with an apparent mix of the green parts, with good sweetness, and very smooth. Not harsh, off putting, or overtly artificial, even at this strength. Almost getting two different notes, one on inhale, and another on exhale, both great. This is the 6th winner in a row from JF for me. 9.6/10

8 Likes

Blasphemer!

4 Likes

what did you do buy the entire line , fyi boysenberry is the one i have that doesnt stack up imo

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer

Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer…Damn brother. These are some righteous reviews! Wasn’t it you that referenced the term word-smith in a past post of mine?
Yeah well, back at ya! Great info. :metal:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @TorturedZen, sure takes up a lot of time, resources, and cotton LOL. I gotta get better and start moving all these notes over to the flavor side. Slacking… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I might have missed it but do we have any diketone info on these flavours?

3 Likes

I don’t think they do @SuperFrog, BUT, I cannot verify that yet. EcigExpress doesn’t have any information available yet, but I did email the manufacturer.

4 Likes