Keeping track of batteries

I wanted to share a look into my OCD as far as tracking and protecting my batteries. I have taken to doing this the second I get them. I pretty much print a .5" x 2.5" paper slip that I stick under a translucent wrap. I get most of these from illumn, but if anyone knows where to get other colors (green? purple?) I’d love to know it. Each cell gets its model number, a serial number, and its first charge date right on the label, and cells that are married get an alpha/color at the top to keep them identified. Overall, I find it to be pretty easy to do, and the aftermarket wrappers are much tougher than the OE ones. This lets me know how long I’ve had a cell, and identify each one, as well as keeping married cells together.

I did this in response to marker rubbing off and ptouch text rubbing off. What do other people do for labeling batteries?

10 Likes

Dudes trippin…

Lol, sweet. Nice, neat and safe.

1 Like

My favorite wrap by far is definitely the yellow/gold ones from Illumn. The batteries really look gold. Its really sweet.

1 Like

Agree, they all look good. How long does a pair of batterie take to wrap.

1 Like

Looks great :ok_hand: I’m on the ocd plan as well lol. So far what I do is rewrap my batteries with new colors, label them or mark them and then put a clear wrap over that. So double wrapped. Not for my rx200 or rx200s though since the battery doors won’t close all the way.

1 Like

A few minutes? Maybe 10 minutes a pair once you drag out all the trinkets and the hairdryer and whatnot. Making the labels takes a bit of time as well. Once I’m rolling I can do 12-15 / hour probably.

1 Like

I see problems with the batteries being over dimension spec sometimes, especially in tube mods with close tolerances like the SMPL. The smoke/white ones fit just fine in my RX, but its just a single layer there.

1 Like

Sweet. I haven’t even made my first battery purchase yet, but I’ve been trying to figure out how to keep them organized as soon as I do. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Its fairly easy. I’d recommend you get batteries from a reputable vendor, not ebay for sure. I always use illumn.com, but there are others. This is pretty easy, the biggest catch is the wrappers are a bit too long, so you need to cut 3-4mm off the end or it will be too much. Then just shrink it w/ a hair dryer, and make sure you dont forget the little washer in the top, gotta have that bit.

3 Likes

Good point. I have noticed that at times.

Mine are petri 1.5 clones from the FT. I have 2. The pins protrude enough that I’m comfortable, but yours (and your comfort level) might vary. Pic for reference.

1 Like

cool thanks I appreciate this…sorry I moved my question to the velocity v2 thread where you posted…my bad lol

Can you come and organize my cupboards? That’s so beautiful.

1 Like