Lemon Tart Showdown!

Rekindling the Lemon Tarts, and am going to mix all three and see who comes out on top !!! I encourage my fellow lemon heads to do the same and see what you think. They are similar, yet different.

• NERRADELOC
  • northern_vaper
  • Sue Pom

0 voters

8 Likes

You feel like the guy at the mall taking surveys but everyone walks around you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Honestly, i cant help you here tho.

3 Likes

@worm1 I appreciate your concerns, but I MUST do the Lemon Tarts !!!

2 Likes

oops sorry didnt mean to vote lol

1 Like

I tried a couple versions of these and it may just be me, but blech! I can’t stand INW biscuit! I need to try and sub something else or just up FA Cookie because I feel it ruined the mix for me. Same goes for TFA (cheesecake) graham crust. It smells accurate but never sits quite right in a mix, despite its love around here.

It’s also hard to find the right lemon to punch through the bakery flavors; leaning towards shisha lemon, but that is almost more of a lemonade-type lemon. FA Sicily has to be THE weakest lemon I have tried, though it is smooth/ sweet. Just wish I could get more out of it.

Also been using FA Meringue for so long, I threw TFA Meringue in my cart just to see what it is like.

1 Like

Have you tried mixing Lemon Sicily with a tiny bit INW Lemon?

People usually mix Lemon Sicily with other lemons to prevent it from fading.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad @Pentine, although INW Biscuit doesn’t do me in, I do have a few that do, and many people like them LOL. I’ve never tried the TPA Meringue, let me/us know how it fares…

1 Like

For my personal taste testing, I just got done vaping the 3 candidates, and for me, the winner IS the original. Just hits every note it needs to, with nothing pulling it off profile.

Dinner Lady A Lemon Tart Remix

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1.00
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.50
Custard Pi 3.14 (FA) 1.50
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.30
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 2.00
Juicy Lemon (CAP) 1.00
Lemon Meringue Pie (FW) 3.00
Lemon Sicily (FA) 3.00
Meringue (FA) 1.50
Sweetener (Sucralose/Maltol) (TPA) 0.75

Flavor total: 14.55%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

For the 2nd tester, for me, it seemed to go off profile, I’m guessing it’s not not love for CAP VC. Good, but for me, pulled it away from being a tart.

Dinner Lady - Lemon Tart

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1.00
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.50
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.30
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 2.00
Juicy Lemon (CAP) 2.00
Lemon Meringue Pie v1 (CAP) 3.00
Lemon Sicily (FA) 3.00
Meringue (FA) 1.50
Sweetener (Sucralose/Maltol) (TPA) 1.50
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 1.50

Flavor total: 16.3%

For the final one, the omission of VC and inclusion of FA Apple Pie is very curious. It did indeed add some more crust, and for me, it seemed to add some sweetness and some brightness, so for me, the original was the one that took the day.

Dinner Lady Lemon Tart with apple pie

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 2.50
Lemon Meringue Pie (FW) 3.13
Lemon Meringue Pie v1 (CAP) 5.01
Lemon Sicily (FA) 1.23
Meringue (FA) 2.50
Sweetener Optional 0.63

Flavor total: 15%

2 Likes