Let's talk about "Blue Raspberry"

Don’t know how i messed up the quote system!
@Datric
“going to mix up that 3 flavor recommendation I posted tonight and see how it turns out. I’ll let you know in a few days.”

Blue Raz (SC) (Real Flavors) 3%
Raspberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 1%
Peach (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.25%

Update: 6 days steeped, going to drop the Blue Raz to 1.5% and start over. It’s good, but hiding the Peach, junking up the works a bit.

Any progress on your end?

4 Likes

I don’t have the recipes anymore. If one doesn’t work I usually delete it. I often add EM but not always. I haven’t done any additional testing yet because all of my bottles are currently full with other juices. Once I free up some bottles I’ll provide some feedback.

3 Likes

Bumping this out if excitement, haha! It’s really good. I started this one thinking it would be pretty good, if not a little trashy. But it got all sophisticated on me! It has a slight hint of gummy texture, too.

4 Likes

I got into DIY chasing the dream of blue raspberry heaven. I didnt make recipes others had posted and just bought a bunch of flavors I knew nothing about. It was a disaster and I almost gave up. I’m really glad that I didn’t. I gave up on blue raspberry because there’s so many different things that could taste like. There is no set in stone way BR is supposed to taste unless you pick something specific. Even then, it’s rather difficult most of the time. I’ve tried almost every vendors BR concentrates and none are close to what I thought I was looking for. I still get new ones too. People seem to like the new-ish WF BR Candy. I tried it and it was meh.

Sorry to sound so negative. I did just try WF Raspberry/Blackbery and holy hell that is some good stuff. I flew right through the 10ml tester I made in no time. It tastes more like a raspberry jam but it could probably be steered towards the topic at hand.

5 Likes

Been eyeing that WF raspberry/blackberry, on the wishlist it goes. Just once I’d like to go a month with an empty wishlist.

5 Likes

Not listed on BCF, do you know if they are just oos?

3 Likes

That’s where I got mine, so probably. It’s one of the best rapberry flavors I’ve tasted. I sometimes taste the blackberry part but it’s mostly delicious razz.

3 Likes

I did not know about this thread… cool it’s popped up… I did create this a few weeks back and finally published today… try it out if you have the flavors. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have an update about WF Raspberry/Blackberry. I tested the flavor in a subohm tank. Everything I said stands. But lastnight I set up a RTA and tried it in there. The Blackberry showed up more or is more noticeable. I added two drop of Caps Super Sweet too so maybe that did it? It still tastes good but changed my perspective a bit. Weird how flavors can change depending on the gear you’re using.

5 Likes

Wonder how it would do in a cheesecake or yogurt?

3 Likes

If it was a 10ml tester, or especially if it was the remaining mls from the original 10ml tester, 2 drops of anything can have a dramatic impact.

No experience with Cap SS myself, but I have added a couple of drops of EM to one and Stevia to another small amount and it did change things noticeably.

Edit: Also true that the flavors change from gear to gear. Different coil types, different chamber shapes and sizes and power all affect flavor perception.

4 Likes

Ihave the Blue Raz Concentrate VG (RF) and I frikken love raspberry but this stuff is so incredibly strong, Ive over done it every time haha, Im thinking that my next shot will be at 1.5% and that should be about right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Goodness! What were you trying at, 1.21 gigawatts??

2 Likes

7 percent hahaha, my first shot was 10 percent, at 60-80 I find it hectic overpowering

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got a good idea that when the RFVG notes were made, lots of ppl were just going by the company’s recommendations, which are for beverages and foods, + maybe using eGo pens!
I have a few of them and 2-3% seems just right.

5 Likes

This is exactly my life story. I’ve been DIY for 3 years but I’ve trying to unlock the complex puzzle that is blue raspberry that IMO nobody has done yet and the 10 blue raspberry recipes that are put out everyday are way off the mark. I haven’t released a recipe yet because I wanted this to be my signature but I’ve been off and on it for 1 1/2 years and way too many iterations that I want to admit. The problem is exactly what you’re talking about and that is WF Raspberry/blackerry which I got too, not only due to hype but also to see if i’ll work and you basically have to start the puzzle all over again because something like that being complex will throw another flavor off and then it’ll take more work taking one flavor out at a time.

I’ll throw this out here for this almost 2 old thread. LB blue raspberry, now all the rage due to wayne making a video about it, or prior to that the 67% VG DIYFS Blue raspberry slush isn’t the answer. The only thing that most people can get that has blue raspberry in the name that works is OOO’s blue raspberry candy.

You have to stack and combo flavors like a crazy person because there isn’t an easy route and you have to stack and combo. The places that have the best blue raspberry flavors are places that nobody talks about or can’t get like Euro Flavors or Flavor Revolution, Decadent Vapor, but you have to stack them also and starting with a weak base of a blue raspberry’ish flavor that has flaws is hard because you have to patch the holes.

For little gems of flavors that people might now know about to help in their quest try things like FW razzelberry, VTA Boysenberry (over FLV even), OOO blue raspberry candy, VTA Fizzy Sherbert, FW Pink Champagne which they might have changed the name, FLV Sour apple (not apple tasting), VTA Sour Lemon, MB American Gum, MB Pink Raspberry, TPA Acai Berry, INW Shisha Raspberry, MF Wild Raspberry, VTA Yoghurt Drink, and for a straight up blueberry HS,.

5 Likes

I have to ask… in all your trials, have you tried RFSC Raspberry/RFSC BlueRaz/NF Black Raspberry/MF Wild Raspberry together? It’s pretty fantastic. My notes are up there a little way in this thread.

5 Likes

I can’t believe this hasn’t been posted yet, but, lol…
Okay, I’m a complete noob, but sometimes a different perspective helps, ya know?
Luckily, I stumbled across Liquid Barn for cheap supplies and my first ten flavors or so, and I’ve been tryin to work through 'em all before I start on other brands… And I started watching DIY or DIE videos to get some hints, so that’s why I noticed this…
I know, I know… Most people think Liquid Barn is just beginner junk, but to my surprise, I saw a few DIY or DIE videos where he says that his favorite Blue Raspberry on the market is Liquid Barn’s!
Just an idea, but it can’t hurt to give it a shot (pun intended, lol)… The flavors are $2.75 each… Granted, that’s for 15 ml, but hey, it’s enough to try… I actually haven’t gotten to Blue Raspberry yet, but DIY or DIE actually has a “one shot” recipe with LB called “Red Re-Up” or “Red Delight” which is a Strawberry/Watermelon candy and it’s been my favorite DIY yet…

4 Likes

I just looked at my stash and I think I tossed or gave away RF Blue Raz after the whole ordeal about fading and what happened to the guy on youtube that escapes me now. I wasn’t that impressed with it anyways, it was years ago but didn’t blow me away and I think it didn’t play well with others. I don’t have any NF flavors and the notes are scarce, how is it?

Anything with MF Wild Raspberry will be fantastic :slight_smile: It’s the easiest to combo with another raspberry by a mile including their regular one as people mention but I picked up the wild because of the hype and it fit the profile but I wouldn’t put it in my recipe because MF is crazy expensive and a lot won’t be able to mix it which is a whole other issue to deal with. One iteration I had literally 8 flavors from different companies so I started the route of MF Black Raspberry because it has multiple fruits that work well in your mix.

3 Likes

Well there isn’t a whole lot of competition as FW to TPA and even cap who is so great with fruit bombs on any blue raspberry. Wayne needs to go to Niicotine River and pick up other blue raspberries because IMO LB has the same off note, almost like paint that almost all their fruits have.

However, it’s up there and the smell is dead one and if I had to recommend a flavor to get to start your journey and the route you want to go. I would also recommend to get INW Raspberry Malina with that because when you start with those 2 flavors you can now add others (I’d do iterations of each flavor added) which will probably give you the best real world knowledge and also how crucial layering is.

4 Likes