Lets talk about chocolates

Thank you for the info :+1:. Hopefully that’s the end. That’s a sizeable enough list of flavors!

1 Like

I’d say if I were starting out and wanted to give chocolates a try then I’d go with a very simple recipe first so that you can find out whether or not it’s for you.

This one is very mild but it is a imitation of Johnson’s cream well that’s what I was scratching for at the time and I think I actually enjoy it more than it’s original especially since the original is so high in pg. http://tjek.nu/r/8aMk it is a very clean milk chocolate cream with a touch of french vanilla cream with an even light touch of hazelnut barely there but does bring a quality to the mix that I feel otherwise would not be there.

Now that’s not saying you will like this recipe it’s just an example :smile:

It’s a Taste is Subjective matter as always…some chocolates are in yo face screaming sweet acting like a tootsie roll or a lava cake while others are as mild as a light chocolate milk the ranges are endless with the right amount of course.

The CFB- chocolate fudge brownies or the chocolate coconut almond candy bar flavors tend to do much better as mixer imho that a bit of support can really take them to the next level but on their own they’re exactly what they’re aiming to be…very candy like.

I like to steep chocolate mixes for at least 30 days and no heat added…low wattage is imperative I know that’s easy for me to say when I vape around 9.8 watts lol

This http://tjek.nu/r/zNE was like my 2nd recipe I’d ever published and I believe it was one of my first 20 mixes… just forget all that sweetener that was when I was coming off cigs and had to have it sweet. I still make this recipe to this day and of course sans sweetener and love it…very sweet chocolate cake !

3 Likes

You just lost me hon.
To me, chocolate has never had anything to do with candy (at the most basic level). Other than many candies are frequently dipped in, or are covered by it.

That may also have something to do with the “problem I had” when looking at many in your list: I instantly thought “most of those are lousy”.

No offense intended, but either you’re far more lenient than I lol, we have very different tastes, OR I’m misunderstanding something (possibly the most likely in this case) like possibly your perspective. :wink:

I have basically two types of chocolate (three if you count Hershey’s before they went to Mexico a couple years ago, and screwed the flavor to hell) that I consider really good examples of milk chocolate. One is Nestlé (plain milk chocolate bar, which is damned hard to find anymore), and the other is a tie between Swiss (like Toblerone) and Cadbury (UK). These are all rich, smooth, and creamy. No off notes, no spices, just velvety smooth goodness. :drooling_face:

So many I’ve tried have something funky going on… Some kind of spice, several with the damned tootsie roll aspect (which I enjoy the candy, but it’s more of a caramel with a chocolate tone. No texture of chocolate whatsoever!) or some other negative aspect, etc etc.

Any suggestions?
(Sorry this reads like a clusterfuck. Having a hard time getting my thoughts down at the moment)

3 Likes

When I say Candy - like I am stating the flavors that are aiming to be like a candy bar or a tootsie roll are more of a basic candy flavor not going to break the mold when your using this as mixers. They can add additional depth and sweetness that’s what I tend to use them as when I do use them.

As far as real chocolate at the basic level it’s very acidic and by nature is a staunch profile… when paired with other wonderful things like cream we soften the acidity. Cocoa powder has a PH of 5.5 that darn stern on the PH level !

I didn’t mean to lose you , maybe I’ve clarified my statement or are your thoughts clearer today hehe ?

3 Likes

Today’s a bit better thankfully.

I guess the easiest way to sum it up is, I didn’t think that many of the ones suggested fit within the parameters of a discussion centered around chocolate, as I took it (rightly, or wrongly) as a discussion about the search for a “pure chocolate”. Or rather, which ones contained an aspect (or multiple aspects) of a good base chocolate flavor. :wink:

There’s no objection or disagreement (from me) as to the usefulness of some (or even many) of the others you listed. I was simply confused to why they were listed, as I interpreted the scope of the question to be much more targeted. chuckles

Apologies for adding any confusion. But even if it veered a bit, I was looking for various insights into different core chocolate flavors. Whether they went light, dark, milk, bittersweet, etc.

I mistakenly assumed that the fringe “chocolates” (Tootsie Roll -not a chocolate IMO, Snickers: aka Cap Chocolate Caramel Nut, brownie: typically a complex flavor) and the like would be automatically omitted from suggestions, as they’re not true chocolates. IMO they’re all hybrids, complex (amalgamations), or deviations from a basic chocolate flavor.

It looks like I’m the one who had a different understanding of the intended direction of the thread though. So my apologies if that’s the case!

2 Likes

I replied answering a question to jazzy who’d asked if I had favorites. I really hadn’t thought of the original topic tbo when replying but I did check back on the op and it did state she’d heard lava cake LB was good and I haven’t read the thread throughout so your guess is better than mine on the direction of this thread :blush:

I am interested in the way you think and compartmentalize chocolates in your mind. Your thoughts are worthy and thought provoking !

My thoughts on all those candy chocolates have always been that they’re not top notes there mixers. Like in example I like to blend sassafras or licorice with tobaccos it adds depth and additional mouthfeel. I don’t place those high on the bar at all if there’s one point I’d like to get across it’s that. The main chocolates I work with satisfy my needs at present as I enjoy creaminess along with sweetness most basic chocolates are too acidic for my gustatory needs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What are your favorite chocolates that you consider high on your list ?

2 Likes

That’s a great topic! I’d love to mix a chocolate malt some day :)). I tried a cpl but haven’t had any success yet

3 Likes

i highly recommend kinda bueno 1 posted on the website it tastes identical to the hazelnut praline chocolate its delicious

1 Like

Do u happen to have a link? I’m not sure what flavor ur talking about

Well fucking DUH!! /facepalm
I slipped a cog. Yeah…that would explain it.
I’m sorry for forgetting/missing this fact, and throwing things off kelter for a minute. (It’s obviously my fault for bouncing around and reading so many threads etc, and forgetting “where I was” in this one.) My apologies to you and Jazzy_girl, and those who were still making sense of the thread.

I don’t think anyone would expect you to when you’re asked a direct question as such. Again, my bad, and totally within normal thread drift hon.

That’s sweet of you, and “that’s just me”. :laughing:
I do it with most everything it seems. Even my electronics parts (raw components) are grouped (mentally and physically) by: “guitar effects pedal parts”, car stereo parts, home stereo parts, tube amp parts, etc, then ‘universal parts’ (resistors, transistors, etc). So it’s a natural progression it seems. It’s not something I “thought about”, it’s automatic after this many years. :wink:

I agree! And thank you for the “term refresher”. Seems I’ve been in more of a fog lately than I’ve realized in some aspects (thanks to the meds), as that’s an obvious, and basic term that makes me feel a bit stupid to have forgotten (even temporarily). /sigh

Well, at the moment, I’m still relying on the original Ina chocolate cream more than anything in this department, as it’s the closest thing to me to a milk chocolate…and thus far, there’s just been nothing that comes close.

The problem (and frustration) as mentioned above (almost always some kind of side notes) have made it more than difficult to find such. While there’s been several “nice derails” along the chocolate train’s journey, I guess the most infuriating part to me is that, you’d think that after almost 10 years of vape flavorings being an entity, several companies would have focused more on providing the community with a more than mediocre offering/representation of a core flavor that’s beloved worldwide.

I say the above not having yet had the pleasure of trying MF chocolates, but then again, to “smartly” avoid the FDA, they chose not to consider themselves (and actively disassociate from, even though they’re perfectly legitimate) vaping flavors.

Anyways, I’ve been struggling with finding a replacement (in a cost effective bracket), hence my interest in the outcome of, and input within, this thread. The bottom line appears to remain (thus far in my mind anyways) that I’m just going to have to save save save, and wait until I can invest $50 in two 15ml flavors: MF Dark Chocolate, and MF Milk Chocolate.

Outside of that, I’m still testing Hangsen Australian chocolate, but even at the two tests that I’ve done so far (6 drops, and 10 drops per 15ml), while I can tell I need to increase it to the 0.1, 0.2, and 0.3ml mark in testing… There’s already an unwanted side note to it (from a “pure” standpoint). I really like the flavor though, and I believe it’ll be excellent for taking things in other directions, but alas, the search continues.

1 Like

I would suggest looking through both @Beaufort_Batches and @juice_junkie_lover’s recipes.

The first thought I had was NF malt, and NF chocolate malt! And I know they both have experience with them!

3 Likes

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1602132? heres the link i used enjoy!

2 Likes

I have the INW chocolate cream and now that u mention it, I’m excited to test it out :grin::grin:

About the MF milk dark chocolate. I was blessed to get a gift of it from @robin and it smells amazing!! I have a sf test going at 0.8 and the knuckle test is great so far! It’s only been sitting for a day but it seems to have high hope right now. I’ve been testing a few here and that’s the only one that is tasty ‘so far’. I’ll keep an update on it.

Ps
She also sent me a RF sc Milk chocolate and that’s tasting like that chocolate syrup in a bottle so far. It’s pretty good too!

2 Likes

My vote has to go with a combo of Flavour Art Chocolate & Flavour Art Cocoa. They play very well together. If you’re still looking for a good chocolate strawberry vape. I am currently vaping this:

Great shake n vape even better steeped. I subbed the Oba Oba with Nature’s Flavors Organic Malt & just wow. One of my all day vapes.

1 Like

I have do enjoy INW Chocolate Cream I really enjoy it it does remind me of Double Dutch Chocolate FW and just as dark in color as well. HS Chocolate cream is outstanding and I’ve had my eye on that Australian Chocolate HS for some time just need to break down an build a cart. I’d like to hear how the finished steeped product of the Australian chocolate batches come out.

4 Likes

That may be the first time I’ve heard that one mentioned. Appreciate the heads up! So far, of the few HS I’ve tried I have not had one that disappointed, and that’s pleasantly surprising.

Will definitely try to post some thoughts on it once I can narrow things down a bit more. I can say, that even at 6 drops in 15ml (I am currently out of 1ml syringes), there’s a discernable chocolate evident! 10 drops, more so… But there’s still something I can’t quite put my finger on. Time tells all though! :wink:

4 Likes

I am on a quest for chocolate malt e-juice
tomorrow will be the 1 week test of my 4th attempt, the chocolate base flavor is made with:

Milk Chocolate TPA :zzz:
Double Chocolate TPA :zzz:
Cocoa FA :zzz:
(sorry boring, its almost all i have)

then it has some malt and other ingredient, but it is quite good to my taste and an ADV, I’ll just have to see how well the flavors hold up to time.

4 Likes

Here’s my latest chocolate recipe, again with the glamour chocolate.

This is another recipe that has been inspired my baking recipes.

7 Likes

This looks fantastic!!

This is another similar one that I bake, I’m finding recipes that I bake a lot are easier for me to convert into a vape.

4 Likes