Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

I just saw that! Glad it worked out for you. Just needed a little bit of experimenting I guess.

3 Likes

Love seeing them glass bottles @VaporBase. Quality first!!!

3 Likes

Looking forward to hearing them too! Thanks. I chose to mix a single recipe with this 30ml bottle as I have a gallon of the zero nic on the way. Did a 20% overall flavor reduction on my Queenā€™s Dowry - frothed it up and did 10 mins in unheated USC to dissipate the aeration.

Queen's Dowry VB TEST (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient%
Butter Cream (CAP)1.6
Marshmallow (TPA)1.6
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)4.8
Sweet Strawberry (CAP)2.8
Toasted Almond (CAP)2.4

Flavor total: 13.2%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Notes
TESTING VAPOR BASE 3ML BASE LIQUID. THIS IS 20% LESS FLAVOR THAN IN MY ORIGINAL FORMULA PER THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF OTHERS. MIXING IN GRADUATED CYLINDER, ADDING NO NIC AND TOPPING THE 30 ML WITH VAPOR BASE.

Tested in Theorem with single coil Kanthal that is 0.6 ohm and vaping at 53 watts. The first thing that I notice is yes, itā€™s smooth as glass. The second thing I notice is the Toasted Almond seems markedly stronger than my regular recipe. Overall flavor profile is not much different, but enough to say this doesnā€™t taste like my normal recipe.

A few more puffs and Iā€™m starting to think that maybe the need to reduce flavors will depend largely on the flavors used and not so much an across the board reduction. Thatā€™s only an initial thought. This is SnV and I could easily eat these words once it has had time to age. However, if there is a difference in how much or little individual flavors need adjusting that will be a daunting task for sure and will practically wipe out years of learning flavors. I sincerely hope this isnā€™t the case because at this moment Iā€™m loving Vapor Base.

I will come back and revisit this thread later in the week. Also, I will make another 30ml bottle using the zero nic base once it arrives and comment on any difference I find using NicSelect (PG Based) over the nic included in this sample. Alsoā€¦I will make another 30ml with the new base but will use my original recipe flavor formula. I know itā€™s just one recipe here but I know it well and have vaped a ton of it, so to me itā€™s the perfect one to test with. More to comeā€¦

Youā€™re quite welcome. Hereā€™s to Southern mathematics! :slight_smile: :beer:

5 Likes

Thank you, I was just being honest though. Yes, please feel free to use it. I really hope you get your product out there. I had never even heard of it until this forum. There are a lot of people that would benefit if you can get more exposure. Good luck!

3 Likes

LOL. Whatever it is, it works great for me. I just know there were some others that were looking for the mix properties. Iā€™m quite pleased with how it works, and since VaporBase has already done the testing and hard workā€¦Iā€™ll just sit back and reap the benefits. Iā€™m selfish that way :wink:

3 Likes

I agree. With further testing I have noticed some flavors seem enhanced while others donā€™t. Vapor Base themselves said a few posts up that he/she? has to increase percentages when using CAP Golden Pineapple and one other (canā€™t remember, damn chemo brain) as those react differently to the base. So I do think we have another learning curve and tweaking of favorite recipes ahead of us. Will be worth it though for me, and fun and challenging as well.

3 Likes

I got my 3mg sample today. Iā€™m still a little confused about using the calculator with it. Say I have 3mg base and I want to end up with 2mg. Do I enter Vapor Base as 100vg/3mg nic?

2 Likes

That is the way I would work it

1 Like

Giving it a shot as we speak

4 Likes

After I posted my reply I went back and made a test run on one of my recipes and it worked fine.I can only see one problem and that would be if you must have a specific ratio of VG/PG .
Please let us know how it works.

1 Like

This is what I came up with. I thought about max VG but settled on 80 VG instead. Still not sure about considering Vapor Base as 100% VG in a recipeā€¦ duh. Iā€™ll let it set for a couple of days then see how it is.

2 Likes

After vaping on this off and on all day here are my thoughts.

This is the first recipe I made.

choconut VB

Ingredient %
Chocolate Milkshake (Real Flavors) 4.5
Coconut Cream Pie (Real Flavors) 5
Marshmallow (TPA) 1

Flavor total: 10.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

In all fairness I need to let this steep more before a final conclusion.

I mixed this with a badger paint mixer to a solid froth gave it a good shake and let it sit with the cap off for about an hour. Put it up for about 24 hours and cleaned a tank out re- wicked with cotton bacon v2 on a evic mini in TC 316L mode gave it a good shake and started vaping it.

I am comparing this to the same recipe except 10pg/90vg and 1.5 nic with about a 3 week steep.

My thoughts are this stuff shows a lot of promise for those of us that do not tolerate PG well. The first thing I noticed was how smooth this vapes even with only a 24 hour steep time.

The next thing I noticed is even after a good chain vape session there was no burning,pain or heavy feeling like I get from anything with more than 10% PG.

As far as the flavor goes I am going to wait until this steeps more to give my thoughts on that.

I will say this before I even try the second test I do plan to order some VB to start using,

4 Likes

Whereā€™d you get the 1.063 gram per ml measurement for PDO? This could help us do some math to come up with an estimated weight per ml in every Nic concentration before someone with an accurate scale can take the measurements for us.

2 Likes

IIRC @MysticRose is the one that posted the measurments of PDO @VaporBase

1 Like

@VaporBase Page 2 under number 9, specific gravity. If Iā€™m looking at the right thing? It actually says 1.0597, so I must have misquotedā€¦sorry :frowning: I was doing my usual 30 open tabs googlefu, that day researching and looks like I transposed the PG weight and left out the PDO completely. I didnā€™t mean to mislead anyone.

http://www.makingcosmetics.com/msds/sds-propanediol.pdf

4 Likes

The 1.0597 is what I was finding as wellā€¦IF , I am looking correctly.:fearful:

4 Likes

@BoyHowdy Yep, that is how I read it on both pagesā€¦lol.

But we need a disclaimer: @MysticRose and @BoyHowdy are in no way a professional on chemical compounds, and as such anything they say can, and might be incorrect. They take no personal liability should any of their googlfu be misused and cause anyone physical or mental damages.

6 Likes

I would think that info would be available from the manufacturer. Check the MSDS sheet from your source and see if it list Specific Gravity.

3 Likes

I was just going with what @MysticRose had said in her previous post.

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦I boo booed :frowning: Iā€™m sorry. I had found the right info that dayā€¦but I was doing so much research I didnā€™t use the correct numbers. Iā€™m a very bad source :wink: Learned my lesson, next time I will either copy and paste or actually proofread my comments before hitting enter.`

1 Like