Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

@VaporBase and @Walt_RealFlavors Any chance either one of you will be selling just the Propanediol 1,3 by itself?

2 Likes

I gave in and went to Liquid Labs site and checked out the FAQ page.After seeing it was indeed USP certified and they are using NicSelect nicotine I went ahead and ordered a gallon of the 3mg base to try out.I also discovered if you scroll down on shipping options UPS is about half of what the USPS priority shipping cost.

2 Likes

We canā€™t but maybe @Vaporbase can once they grow. (We have a special contract with rulesā€¦)

2 Likes

My sample will be here tomorrow. Kind of excited to try it. Why didnā€™t you try the free sample first? Maybe your vape budget is bigger than mine :wink:

1 Like

That was my original plan , then I decided to wait until I found out more information about the product.
I then caught up with my nephew over the holiday and asked him about it , he broke out his google foo and found several good reviews and more importantly offered to go in half on a gallon.:grinning:
It also helps that I am single ,with no kids and drive my vehicles until they drop!:smiley:

7 Likes

Yes. My oldest is graduating high school in 16 days. With prom dresses and accessories, graduation gowns, invitations, gifts, yearbooks. Really really tight few months here. But worth it, so proud of her :smiley:

7 Likes

That is something to be very proud of and yes it is worth every penny.

1 Like

I remember that feeling well. Although it wasnā€™t prom dresses and suchā€¦and in 2012 it was my youngest to graduate. Unlike his older sister, I was financially able to buy him a car. Got him a 2006 Mazda 3 that only had like 20k miles on it. Great little car. Paid it off in 2013 then he promptly went out and totaled it! Oh the joys of parenthood. :slight_smile:

It seems like @VaporBase is AWOL. I hope when they do sign back in they respond to the many thoughts and questions in this thread!

4 Likes

Let me know what you think. I remember sampling them before they launched and I didnt like it much. They claimed it carried flavor better. But all my recipes came out more muted. Im interested in what you experience it.

1 Like

I think we all share the concern of what could happen if someone got into our nicotine concentrate, or even if we ourselves were accidentally exposed. Seems like I can worry alot less with a big jug of premixed VaporBase re: accidental exposure. Thatā€™s a serious plus for me

2 Likes

Wow this thread blew up! I was away for the holiday weekend, but I will go through and answer all your questions right now. I figured out how to quote the posts on this forum so it should be easier to read my replies this time around. Thanks for being patient.

5 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, weā€™ll be refining our business and outward promotion as issues arise. So far the waiver system we employed has been working well with no major complaints from customers ordering 48mg and 100mg bottles of VaporBase.

Definitely post up and let us know if our base alleviates your sore throat issues. Weā€™ve had people with PG sensitivities try liquids made with VB and they said that their issues were resolved. I think youā€™ll be happy with the viscosity we decided to run with. It produces nice dense vapor, provides plenty of flavor, and works really well in any type of atomizer. I personally think it provides a smoother vape than juices made with PG, but Iā€™d like to know what you think once you mix up a couple batches with your sample.

2 Likes

Working numbers based off the 70/30 number I mentioned before would be inaccurate and lead to miscalculations. When I say itā€™s similar to a 70/30 blend, I just mean the viscosity of VaporBase is very comparable to a 70vb/30pg blend.

Our goal is to move away from the varying ratios of base liquids, and establish a solid baseline product that can work in every type of atomizer without having to worry about getting your base liquids mixed to the perfect viscosity. This makes it much easier for people to make their own liquids as it removes a somewhat ā€œcomplicatedā€ procedure from the mixing process.

If you are using 15% flavorings, your final blend of e-liquid will still have a nice viscosity that isnā€™t too runny. Weā€™ve had some people running up in the 25% range, and even all the way up to the 40% flavor range, and it still came out to a great viscosity that traveled efficiently through juice wells, and wasnā€™t too runny to stick in the wicking materials.

2 Likes

You got it! This is exactly how we instruct people to mix their liquids using VaporBase. No need to worry about PG/VG ratios anymore. Just enter your base liquid as a 100% VG base, and calculate your flavorings from there. I do this all the time at home using the e-liquid calculator on this site and it works great.

2 Likes

Yes, we replaced 1,2-PDO with 1,3-PDO. So instead of containing a petrochemical, our base only contains bio-based chemicals which are earth friendly and easily renewable.

2 Likes

As I mentioned before, the 70/30 comparison is nothing but a comparison. Your best bet is to add your base as a 100% VG base to the calculator for now. Maybe we can get VaporBase added as an option to the calculator in the future if a lot of people start using it.

1 Like

That is what convinced me to try it.With this I can now simply add my flavoring.
Of course I am going to test my nicotine levels to ensure the nicotine stays mixed and doesnā€™t try and seperate.

3 Likes

Yes, we did formulate it to one optimal viscosity that should work in any type of atomizer you or your friends and customers may be using.

If you want to tailor the viscosity, you can add VG to it to thicken it up. We use palm-based VG, but any type of VG you have on hand would work as long as itā€™s USP grade.

Weā€™ve also had a lot of customers buy two bottles of VaporBase in different Nic ratios to mix with. They buy a 120ml bottle at 100mg Nic, and then a gallon at 0mg Nic. So Iā€™d assume theyā€™re cutting it down to 3mg or 6mg Nic from there.

1 Like

We understand VaporBase might not be a perfect fit for every formulator in the DIY industry. But as Iā€™ve mentioned before, our goal was to simplify the mixing process, and if we were to offer a range of viscosities to choose from, that would defeat the purpose of our product. It would also make our manufacturing process much more complicated.

Iā€™ve mixed my own liquids for years with typical PG/VG/Nic blends, and I donā€™t miss the fact that I canā€™t choose my base ratio at all anymore. Itā€™s so easy to mix with I donā€™t even care. The vapor is there, the viscosity is perfect, and it makes everything go so much faster when you want to blend up a batch for the weekend real quick.

1 Like

I appreciate your clarification on the ā€œsecretsā€ weā€™re keeping. As you can see from the test results page of our site, we donā€™t hide what ingredients are being used at all. The only thing we keep private is the exact ratio of base ingredients. We worked on perfecting the viscosity of VaporBase for a long time, and if we gave that info away it would be too easy for people to re-create our product. Can it be done? Iā€™m sure it can, but we have to try to minimize the possibility of being copied at least a little bit.

Our goal is for mixologists to not have to adjust the viscosity of the base at all. I doubt anyone would want it any thinner. Maybe a little thicker if theyā€™re really into that Max VG style of liquid. But personally I see the industry moving away from Max VG towards a thinner final product that carries flavors better.

1 Like