[Local] Industry [is a] Scam

Nope, that was me

4 Likes

In the shitty little town I live in we only have 2 B&M vape shops. One is horrible and the other is okay, but still over priced. We also have a few tobacco stores that sell a teensy-weensy selection of vape stuff, but it’s way over priced as well. Online shopping is the best option for us.

7 Likes

You know Ken I pointed out more than once that I am not referring to Stateside prices or industries, perhaps I was too oblique and for that I apologize for not perhaps being clearer. But the fact is that here there is definitely a prevalent cult of greed, where by and large, pricing is based on what the market will bear, not on a fair profit.

And for everyone’s edification, “a muffin pooping festival” is a local expression for when folks get triggered…

Peace all…

3 Likes

Oops, sorry Fidalgo…

2 Likes

Make your own gear Sis, if I can do it anyone can…

1 Like

Oh, we do!!

4 Likes

Now that there would be my fault, ill admit that i oft skim instead of read.

I would like you to share more of these local expressions as you visit the site. Ill probably crack a smile 20 more times today as a result of the one above.

8 Likes

Ooh some of them are very rude!

3 Likes

I think we can probably handle it! :joy:

So I’m thinking a muffin pooping festival sounds like “special snowflakes needing their safe space.” :smile:

3 Likes

No Sis, the muffins out here are very big so work it out (pun unintentional :blush: )

2 Likes

Oh the fun of it all. I wasn’t gonna respond to the topic but… I can’t help myself.

I am from the “states” and I don’t really understand why nobody was jumping on the band wagon. I for one think the juice prices are outrageous. Completely and overwhelmingly outrageous. Sometimes, I think to myself, that I will go and see what the commercial guy’s are putting out. Then I see how much it costs and and and and and I just can’t do it.

Apparently I am wrong, cuz I thought they were marking the juice way way up. You know what? I don’t care, it still pisses me off.

Now the reason I think I am not wrong
One. before the FDA got their grubby little hands into the industry, very few “juice makers” had clean rooms and Hazmat suites and the prices were outrageous.
Now however, the FDA has made things more expensive for juice makers, but they, I should say a lot of them, have LOWERED their prices.

Oh well, what can I say, I find it highly aggravating.

6 Likes

I strongly suspect that high prices for juice are encouraging more and more vapers to create their own and the suppliers are learning Fille’s first law of acquisition; “You make more profit selling 50 items at a $2 dollar profit than 10 at a $5 profit”…

2 Likes

The last time we bought commercial juice, we walked out of the store with THREE bottles that cost us $105… and the MF was sneaky about it too. Said the price really quiet as he swiped the card. That transaction is what brought us to DIY.

5 Likes

Holeeee Crap!

2 Likes

I thought it was something that you had to pay extra for at some of the shadier clubs in New Orleans.

7 Likes

Our Stores here are fairly priced on their juices I think, most of them will do 2 60ml bottles for $30. Except for certain brands that refuse to come off their wholesale price, such as Cuttwood.

They also use a points system so you get free stuff every now and then, but their prices for mods and tanks are instane. Double what I would pay by ordering online. The only time I go to those stores is to get the random coil when I don’t feel like rebuilding and just want something that works well for a week or so.

My wife will go buy a bottle of juice if she leaves hers at home and needs something to get through the day, but that’s very rare. And DIY has honestly ruined ‘premium’ storebought juices for here. They all taste like overly sweet garbage after the initial thrill of a new flavor wears off.

7 Likes

Agreed!!!

5 Likes

you are right , a lot of the newer brands like NAKED are reasonably priced , but you still have the ones like cuttwood, philip rocke etc that hold their prices , and those companies have their followers and dont need to come down in price , i guess if the manufacturers were reusing bottles , had no employees , well let me say no overhead to keep it simple then juice prices would be cheaper a lot of diyers sell 30ml for 7 to 10 dollars a bottle and a retail store charges say 20 ( actually much cheaper now a days ) so where are they over pricing things ??? every penny spent to maintain the business has to go into the cost of that bottle of juice

4 Likes

Whoa. Hope they threw in some lube with that ass pounding…

6 Likes

Perhaps not the the way I would have phrased it but yes…

2 Likes