Maybe it's time to completely stop making your own eliquid

Maybe it’s time to completely stop making your own eliquid… I live in Sweden and there the prices are starting to get high for the ingredients, especially nicotine (and I want some nicotine in it) the cost of 10 ml of nicotine today costs around 69 Swedish kronor (approximately 6-7 dollars)

5 Likes

Well, cigarettes per pack here are double that- $13-14. Hopefully you’ll continue to vape and DIY :pray:t3:

8 Likes

If it’s 6-7 dollars US for a 10ml that’s rather steep. I’d check with online distributors who may ship to Sweden and get yourself a larger bottle at a better price. Usually it gets cheaper when you buy in bulk.

5 Likes

I’m really surprised that we haven’t seen an increase in prices of ingredients from sources like BC and Nom. Yea a slight increase in shipping costs but at BC TPA has been like $1.49 for a 10ml for as long as I can remember.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed a slight increase in some flavor houses at BCF, Flv for one. Some concentrates that were $3.49 are now $5+. No increase at Nomz that I can tell but I don’t order there too much, maybe once every 3-4 months. DIYVS really increased their prices. So much, I really won’t order from there, I haven’t in a year or so. I miss LNW!

6 Likes

It’s a manufacturing trick. It’s called shrinkflation. Minimum size of bottle’s used to be 15ml today their selling 10ml bottles for the same price. That’s a 33% increase. Manufacturing and retail have been using it for as long as I can remember in Time’s of inflation.

9 Likes

Customs and the tax authorities take a lot of money if I import
–Highly concentrated e-liquids SEK 4,000 (367 dollar( per liter of liquid For 2 liters of e-liquid, you must pay SEK 8,000 (2 liters × SEK 4,000 per liter)

5 Likes

Yeah it pretty much sucks for many folk who did prepare for the Vapocalypse years ago. Ive got enough nic for several lifetimes.

So sad what they have done.

10 Likes

Yeah, we were talking about stocking up for quite a while.

7 Likes

Did the same thing. Bought 4 liters of nicotine. Glad I did. Paid less than half of what it would cost to replace today.

8 Likes

I went WAY overboard so i have a few gallons. The plan was to make and sell my liquids but that aint happening now.

6 Likes

Maybe you can mix for your relatives. They seemed to like free FLV vapes. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
We’re all not gonna live forever!!!

5 Likes

Id take me one of them Cylon bodies from the newer BSG, this time around i want to the hot blonde woman, hehe.

8 Likes

Better not let Mom hear that. She’ll pin your ears back.

7 Likes

Interesting, they are $40 to $50 + here and increase every quarter…
The “roll your own” tobacco I used to use is well over $100 now, so glad I don’t do that anymore!

9 Likes

Whoa! That’s insane! Here they definitely do not make it difficult for people to have access to smoke unfortunately.

7 Likes

We would be spending well over $300 per week if hubby and I were still smoking.

7 Likes

I went through nearly 2 x RYO packs a week myself too. When I quit I was spending around the same for the 2 pouches as what 1 costs now. Blows my mind…

4 Likes

Same, when I check the price at the smokes counter :grimacing:

4 Likes

I smoked Champion Ruby for about ten years before giving up about ten years ago.

I’m sure I used to pay less than $50 for 50g. Remember it’s all about health not :moneybag:.

6 Likes