Meanwhile In Australia Part 2

When are they going to have a go at big tobacco for exactly the same chemicals the only difference is that the juice makers said there were NO toxins rather than it is a better alternative.

5 Likes

WTF ABC…?

No mention of the hardware, specs they were run at, wicking material, etc. Just sensationalism at it’s best. sigh /smh

I miss the era when FACTS were what was reported, and the intelligent viewer was allowed to make up their own mind and interpret it.

It’s a sad state, that these days the media thinks everyone is too stupid to process facts, so they try to tell you what (and how) to think. :angry:

I miss you Walter Cronkite. /salute
:cry:

10 Likes

Tyranny by any other name is still as vile. [quote=“Sprkslfly, post:2, topic:137160”]
It’s a sad state, that these days the media thinks everyone is too stupid to process facts, so they try to tell you what (and how) to think.
[/quote]
Agreed, but if the tyrants want to easily control the herd they cannot allow free thinking among them. Bread and circuses, valiant heroes battling evil uncaring moneymakers and a villain to focus their 2 minutes hate upon. That is what the state of humanity seems to gravitate towards.

What do you get for pretending the danger’s not real?
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.

11 Likes

Agreed. It’s more about control and the almighty dollar.

Oh I’m not denying nor missing the fact that there was clearly a well deserved slap in the wrist for misrepresentation…But there’s so much left out here. Were they selling these as complete systems (including the liquid)? Were they only selling E-Liquid? Or a combination?

Unless you (as a manufacturer or retailer) can guarantee that there’s no way to be able for the end user to drive the device enough (eg: watts too high) or make sure they can’t use wicking (or insulators) that might deteriorate under whatever given level of thermal stress and produce “the bad things”, then any kind of blanket statement (such as they made) is not only a bad idea, but obviously subject to legal ramifications.

At any rate, I’m not one to promote the idea that it’s risk-free (“the danger’s not real” as you put it), but I firmly believe, due to seeing/feeling the results over the year since I’ve been cigarette free, that the danger to my health is greatly minimized, vs my condition last year at this time. But then again, simply breathing in (especially if you live in a major metropolitan area) has it’s own risks associated.
NEVERMIND the fact that I live LITERALLY less than a mile from a nuclear waste dump. (Yes honestly, and seriously).

The goal here is harm reduction. Right?

All they’re worrying about now, is how to wrangle this new (and ever growing) group of “sheep” that managed to escape their previous confinement system that was so elaborately planned out. The goal being curtail the losses in their previous revenue stream. Oops! Too late (well almost, time will tell though) Well, if they can’t do that, rewrite the rules.

It’s fairly easy to see, they’re doing both approaches, in hopes that either way, they (the existing power structure) can continue to maintain their control, without introducing yet another “partner”. As you know Big Tobacco had to be pissed when Big Pharma cut into their nicotine-based profits. So of course they’re both going to fight not to add a third party to the game.

Anyways… I’ve babbled long enough. Lol

6 Likes

Why is it that these cunts in OZ always go for the vapers and not tobacco? Oh yeah i forgot these cunts get a shit ton of money from tobacco each year so that would be an economical suicide on their part.

And i’m sure that the test that were made isn’t impartial at all, more a set up to be able to burn these companies and make a statement.

The cunts in OZ need to have a reality check made and see the world as it is and not try to live in a bubble that isn’t like it is in the rest of the world.

Your government sucks d***s (dicks) and big bags of it bro.

8 Likes

You are so right they do suck

Lucky you didn’t use the words dicks - would hate to offend anyone lmao

5 Likes

I am waiting for the moment that car manufacturers are going to be slapped with these fines. How many carcinogens to they produce? How many people get cancer breathing it all in in traffic jams, in busy cities, etc?
And more importantly, WHY WEREN’T THE BUYERS PROPERLY INFORMED? Why don’t people who don’t drive cars complain about it as much as they complain about smokers?

We’re living in an unfair world. People only seem to have the ability to focus on a very few things and sadly, vaping got targeted.

3 Likes

Bread and circuses
Love it.

2 Likes

I was referencing the danger of the sheep trusting what their masters tell them while being led to slaughter in pursuit of revenue, not the dangers of vaping. That said, they did screw up if they claimed no risk. [quote=“Sprkslfly, post:4, topic:137160”]
It’s fairly easy to see, they’re doing both approaches, in hopes that either way, they (the existing power structure) can continue to maintain their control, without introducing yet another “partner”.
[/quote]

Yes, you are 100% right and previous actions by the government prove it. All in all, it’s just another brick in the wall between smokers and a less dangerous alternative that may save a lot of lives. It sucks that these vape stores gave them the mortar to add the brick.

3 Likes