Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

Name recognition popped up on my icon, maybe I can add something here…

@john70 Here’s the thread to which @Big_Benny_MI was referring to, I believe…
Click Me

My thoughts on sweetners:

• Sucralose - gunks up coils and burns, becoming carcinogenic

• Ethyl Maltol - adds sweetness but mutes flavors the more you add plus it gets a waxy, crayon taste to it.

• Marshmallow - I use this in everything, goes great in bakery blends

• Organic Stevia - There is absolutely no substitute for this when using acidic fruits. It is pure magic for strawberries, blueberries, grapes, apples, cherries and others. When mixing acidic fruit to bakery items, like strawberry-short-cake, try 0.5-1% Stevia with 1-2% Marshmallow! Super-sweet and Super-smooth! It’ll blow your mind!

A quick excerpt from the thread:
Please let me know how this turns out. I started looking into stevia because of CAPs’ Grape w\stevia. It’s the first vapable fruit I’ve found.

I think I’m just sensitive to the acidity in fruit flavors or something. I’ve tried them with everything and they always turn out dry, harsh and very battery tasting which sux. I love my custards and creams but can’t add fruit to anything cause it kills the blend.

Tried drowning fruit in creams, tastes like cardboard and hobo feet…

Tried drowning fruit in sucralose, tastes like 50/50 dry flour/grain sugar and it jacked up my coil (then I found out the gunk can be carcinogenic) F that

Tried drowning fruit in marshmallow (I remember this one well, it was strawberry), still dry and acidic but had a special quality I can’t truly convey…Imagine a picture of a pink flamingo wiping it’s ass with a marshmallow… turn that into a juice and Ta-Daaaaa! That’s what I made.

*Tried drowning fruit in Ethyl Maltol, kinda works but has an odd “Did I just eat a crayon…?” aftertaste. *

Gonna go find some stevia later today and see how that works :smirk:

5 Likes

Mixed up some testing samples of Medicine Flower flavours I ordered earlier and received yesterday

Black Cherry
Orange
Peach
Pear
Pineapple

will add my taste notes in the coming weeks

4 Likes

Sex toys LOL. Those are bingo dobbers(or whatever they are called)

I will never be able to go play Bingo again! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I figured that but when I saw the two dudes in drag, well whatever that’s just a table full of homoerotica. Even the bell. It’s used to start the tournament and in place of a safe word.

2 Likes

Could you please provide a link or exact product description and where to get the stevia? I’ve got some in my kitchen but it’s little squirt bottles for sweetening tea and such. I don’t think that’s what I’m looking for is it?

1 Like

@Mofogger posted a pic of what he uses in this thread…
Continuing the discussion from Looking to make really sweet juice:

3 Likes

Thanks. I should have checked that thread out. I’ve not really read much of that one.

1 Like

I meant to grab some of that while I was in Walmart the other day. The pic you posted says yours has Malic Acid in it. Besides the preservatives that would be a one shot additive to fruit flavors. I put malic acid in with my Oh Yeah Grape recipe and I love how it enhances the grape and lemon flavors.

2 Likes

I may give it a whirl till I can pick up some of the good stuff. Hell when I was a dumbass teenager I used to huff Freon - damn near killed me once but I’m still here. Like ol’ Stephen Segal, hard to kill.

2 Likes

They are preservatives. They will make you live longer :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s a very strong sweetener - the stuff we use is more concentrated, I think!

1 Like

I know this is a MF thread but @john70 LB and oOo both sell VG or VG dominant mixes for some of their flavorings. Just thought that i would let you know.

2 Likes

Got some of this from Amazon in the Uk still to try it yet but have mixed it with Vg at 1g to 9ml expecting to use it at 1-2% in mixes

Started a thread last year about Rebaudioside A 98% Powder and posted this link about Stevia explains the difference between the %'s and the different types of Stevia

5 Likes

Thank you :+1:

Was gonna go grab the link but (as always) I see you’re on top of things this morning :smiley:

2 Likes

I remember reading it. At the time I wasn’t all that interested in sweeteners so I didn’t commit it to memory. I’ll bookmark it now and limit myself to bugging you guys about other shit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool! I just ordered 50g of this:

2 Likes

If my girlfriend came over to my house and I had a pile of that on a plate like that, I would be single again :wink:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Canadian. http://everstevia.com/store/stevia-products.html

1 Like

Got some mixed up the weekend, 1g of Stevia Reb (A) 98% to 9ml of pure Vg.

As I expected it is very much like EM crystals when it comes to dissolving in Vg and although i used warmed Vg and placed bottle in a shallow bath of warm water and in an Ultrasonic clearer there are still a few crystallised stevia particles floating around the finished liquid. I will have to buy some unbleached coffee filter papers or the like this week.

No idea how it will work in mixes and what %'s yet, but I did the 1 drop on the finger taste and it is so much better compared to sucralose on the tongue . A really pleasant level of sweetness that doesn’t taste artificial like sucralose and no bitterness, that I have experienced with other Stevia powders.

Looking forward to using it once I get it filtered.

4 Likes