Mentor Group (JoJo messed it up again...now its Forum-Founder and it's staying that way.)

Proud to wear that badge!

2 Likes

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit I agree ^^^^^

5 Likes

Hey, the way I see it, the passion he is showing (in that @Skullblade789 way we all both love and fear) demonstrates his level of concern for this place. It didn’t take me long to greatly appreciate the atmosphere and community here and have a desire to protect it, too. That’s really all this whole debate and hand-wringing was about, after all. We sensed a change for the worse and put up our shields around this place we’ve come to enjoy so much as it is.

If no one cared about the place, you’d have gotten no replies at all.

6 Likes

This is a good point, and I think a change in the wording for the description would be in order.
Instead of “proven track record in mixing.” something like “proven track record in one or more vape-related topics.” ?

As I’ve said before in this thread and in the announcement I made, the group gets a grand total of 0 extra privileges on the forum. Aside from staff, I would whole heartedly denounce any system that did so.

AFAIK this isn’t even possible with what we have here. I think the badges and the flair are getting confused. The badges are earned automatically. The flair comes from being a member of a group. Now it might be possible to create a group whose members are added automatically based on some badge, but I don’t intend to find out as that is not the direction I think this needs to go in if it remains.

It was that or the lizard hand…I was so torn. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Look things were said in the heat of battle that I should have probably stood down from. I will still stand behind every word though.

I also concede to the point now.

Let’s let the mods try this. They will see if it works or not. I trust them. Plus I do not want @Alisa on my tail.

Everyone stand down and let them try this. No I am not backing away. I will still fight if there is something I do not see right. You have my word.

14 Likes

I expect you to be there to remind me if it does go bat crap crazy.

8 Likes

You know I will.

5 Likes

Veteran ELR member shown to be very knowledgeable in vaping and an active participant in discussions?

5 Likes

Holy mackerel. Everyone’s happy. Quick, mark the date!!!

5 Likes

I did not say happy, just conceded to the point.

5 Likes

Not all were or will be adding for just their mixing skills, lots of veteran builders on the site too.

Maybe go back to the veteranmixer idea? add a veteranbuilder group?

4 Likes

That probably doesn’t happen too often either, so it’s still getting marked!

3 Likes

At this time, I will SOOO take that. I’ve gotta go give a presentation and it’d be nice to not be worried things are gonna meltdown. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Good luck!

6 Likes

I am good. You stuck @alisa on me. I will be good.

6 Likes

I like this!

I also think that might be good. I’m still on the fence about my opinion (so I’ll just sit back and watch how it all plays out :wink: ) on all of this but I do feel like going with “veteran” is better than “mentor”, and beyond that if there are several groups for people who are well versed on specific topics like building, that would probably at least be more useful than a just having a blanket group.

7 Likes

I agree completely. At no point was it an idea for just one group, it was one step in a larger plan. I think we can all agree that there is a bit of, ok more than a bit, animosity between the “cliques” here. I thought this might be a way to build some bridges, get people talking to one other. Cuz we cannot move forward if we are bickering and really there is no reason that we should be if our intentions are helping people quit and stay off the smokes.

I still like Wizard…

9 Likes

I’m an active participant in discussions; I think everyone agrees that doesn’t mean I should get a badge!! :sunglasses:

Maybe something more along the lines of …and has shown to uphold the values we share here at e-LR

3 Likes

Hey seriously Vapey, I’m a “Super Member” on one forum and a “VIP” (That one cracks me up) on another and I’m pretty much ignored just like here (the woes of being an ogre), so I really wouldn’t worry too much. You’ve got a good personality. That will trump the rest of the BS.

16 Likes

Cool. :+1:

Yes. Definitely.

6 Likes