Mentor Group (JoJo messed it up again...now its Forum-Founder and it's staying that way.)

I have a terrible personality, and it will trump the BS. Lol, can you teach me the ways of ogredom.
I truly am being serious.

9 Likes

rofl, Orgedom is an acquired taste. It takes many years of practice to become a seasoned ogre. But… having a terrible personality is a great start! It’s where it all began for me!

6 Likes

Haha I’m not worried about me. :wink: I just don’t want to see it ending up as a divisive thing in general.

9 Likes

Agreed. My thoughts are that there has to be some kind of new start for everyone involved. If some cant handle it, well, we will deal with it quickly and decisively.

I would like to quote a famous person:

“Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.” ~Jr.

I didnt really want to bring this up but its the smell! We love our Ogre brothers and sisters, some soap would go a long way to make that change. :wink:

10 Likes

Not on your life!!! It’s like a good beard. Takes a while to develop!

11 Likes

Eew.
10 characters n shit.

4 Likes

One last thing that i forgot about. Let me know if you change your mind, the reviewers group is in the works.

7 Likes

Wisely said. it’s the difference between Elder Statesman and Bleeding Deacon. Something I learned from 12 step groups is that humility is the presence of ego deflation and allows the maximum service to others.

3 Likes

I just can’t help myself.
Besides we need a little humor now and then

9 Likes

What a wonderful idea ! When I give advice lately I think does anyone know who I am since I am not active as I used to be ( but working on that :smile: ) this way atleast someone can identify the advice is coming from a trusted source. Agreed this’ll be a WIP as ppl grow !

14 Likes

Almost took a bath
Happened just the other day
Gettin kinda strong
I could have said it was in my way
but I didn’t! and I wonder why
I feel like letting my ogre flag fly!!!

13 Likes

beautiful-gif

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to being in a reviewers group. Again, I feel like the more specific the groups are, the more helpful they could actually be.
A big objection I had (have…? Idk, I’ll get back to you on that…lol) to the “blanket group” is that it just seems…arbitrary I guess? I know you and Jojo both said you were only in the beginning stages of adding members to that group, but at first glance at the people who were on it, it didn’t make sense to me. Different people being added to the group for completely different reasons. Some of the people in that group I actually would consider mentors. Others…not so much. But across the board there was nothing specific about why they are being pointed out really…
Anyway…I don’t feel like I have my thoughts in order enough to go any farther than that atm, so I’ll just leave it there. :wink: Actually, even considering how much shit I just erased, I probably still said stuff I shouldn’t have. I’m trying not to sound bitchy… Eh. Oh well.
Ok I’m officially just gonna see what happens. I wish the best for it all, I really do.

10 Likes

Okay one last attempt at wizard humor.

Maybe I’ll get a few laughs out of that one.

12 Likes

Trying to make it fit. Makes a pretty good “remix” Ogre. But our ages are showing.

5 Likes

Well, funny how ^^^^ THAT point wasn’t made yet, but I think you’ve nailed it @TW12

9 Likes

Im here when you get your thoughts sorted, that happens to me a lot. Only way to remedy the situation is open communication from everyone. We didnt really have the people to we needed for awhile, now we do. Our mods will always be available to listen to concerns.

I understand that completely. Not everyone is going to see the same people as “mentors”, that is to be expected. I certainly could have rolled this out a bit better than i did but i in no way expected the backlash i received and i apologize for that to everyone. Going forward i will keep it all in mind.

6 Likes

Because of one shot wonders where they help one person one one thing, it shows repetitiveness to the cause. They’ve put in the repetition needed to be familiar with the subject matter

2 Likes

@Ken_O_Where I sure hate to disagree with you here, especially since you got that damned badge (LOL, sorry, had to do it), but I was just telling another member who asked me what I thought of all this stuff about. I told him, that out of all of the (gin joints) places I’ve visited on line for vaping, ELR stood out, by and far, as the best. I’m not going to name names of the other sites, but we know who they are, and INDEED there are MANY lil’ cliques going on, on many of them, and far worse.

There may be some heated people here, lotsa opinions, but I’ve not experienced a single example of any cliques/clicks here by any means. Matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve gotten one backward comment, no matter how stupid my question was. That’s saying something. I don’t think that can be overstated here.

I work a lot currently, and sadly cannot post often times, despite wanting to. I read almost all the threads daily, and at least try and LIKE them when I do, so even if people aren’t seeing my responses, they know I’m reading, and am paying attention. You gotta good crew here Ken, cast and audience. I don’t really see even a fraction of what I see going on elsewhere, … here. I’m not privy to the traffic, unique hits, stay duration, entry/exit pages, but you guys are, so I’ll leave the changes to you guys.

As far as the ELR members are doing, KEEP doing what you’re doing. We gotta good thing going here, try not to kill @Ken_O_Where or @JoJo (OR the new badge-eees).

15 Likes

what i say now?