Mixing by weight - flavor weight

Just seen this while looking around, works good (it’s what I have been using for awhile)… on sale right now for 11.68

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Etekcity-Digital-Pocket-Scale-2kg-0.01g-Compact-Jewelry-Scale-2-AAA-Batteries-included/44912755

I believe the 2000g scale that Walmart is showing, is displaying incorrect information on the accuracy of that scale. The 2000k scale is accurate to 0.1g and most diy users are looking at a scale that reads down to 0.01g

1 Like

You may be right, wouldn’t surprise me. That would be a cheap price for a scale that can weigh that much at that high of an accuracy. I use this one and it works well for me, never had an issue with it shutting off on me between flavors - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4KX6JQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just turn mine on off in between flavours, and do not bother with Manufacturers gravity not sure 100th of a gram will make much of a difference in a 30ml batch of vape

I bought one from Walmart online. I think it was 1000gm but resolution was only 0.1. I kept it and use it to weigh small packages. Shite for mixing though.

hey Hollywood… I started adding the proper specific gravity to the notes, using the proper weight is hugely important, especially when it comes to making 60ml bottles or bigger. I’m finding it hard to locate the SG’s for Inawera. Also some bottles are exactly 30ml right to the throat of the bottle, I always add VG last and it usually works out,but occasionally it doesn’t. Then I just stop adding VG.I use a small Infinity scale…I paid 20 bucks(CDN). 60 ml bottles is about the limit, but if I’m making more than that I just end up making a stone…

So I got a private message from another member here with the same issues suggesting a milligram scale and boy were they expensive!! However…I found this little guy and it may have been the saving grace for my sanity and pockets…

Its touch screen is a tad less responsive than the smartphone or tablet but more comparable to an old blackberry where you have to push a bit…anyways, it has an auto shut-off that may or may not be able to be disabled?.. but the fact it is so accurate seems to keep it from shutting off! I guess what I mean is it has to have absolutely nothing added or subtracted for a while to shut off…Where the old scales with that function would shut off sometimes even while adding drops. I havent had any problems with mixes being over or accuracy even on 10-15 ml batches since purchasing this…I just have to find a wall plug for it so I dont have to even think about the shut off and ill be OK lol
Sorry if I sound anal but we are dealing with concentrates and I wanna know if my mixes are off at any point and by how much, and this scale has really given me that satisfaction! Kinda was disappointed I posted at first cuz I know its an OCD preference thing and I mix tiny batches and all, but happy it found me a solution in the end!!

1 Like

You did send this hollywood? Too many viruses going around and ive been :fire: already

hi everyone, switching to using the scale was a surprise, I’ve been registered for a few days but ERL has already made me change my habits and in fact it’s much more comfortable, but I have some doubts and I have some questions regarding the behavior of the recipe calculator .

1. when the manufacturer’s specific weight mode is set, the flavors that do not have a known specific weight are used in the 1:1 measure (1ml=1g)…and in calculating the recipe, do the information mix?
    Or if even just one of the flavors has an unknown specific weight, is everything calculated 1:1?

2. I use nicotine, vg and pg of which I don’t know the specific weight … does the calculator use 1:1 in the calculation or is there a universally recognized average weight that more or less adapts to each product and the calculator uses these generic weights??

I am aware that we are talking about milligrams or so, but it is a curiosity.

I have yet to read this whole thread, I hope the questions are not duplicated.

I thank you in advance

(forgive the grammatical inaccuracies, I use a translator)

7 Likes

Most (the big 3 anyway) calculators use 1:1 in the calculation for flavors, with this one giving you a choice.

6 Likes

Shit… Your grammer is perfect if you ask me! Very well done.

My $0.02… In time, you will begin to learn what you like vs dislike. In my personal experience, I prefer my juices to be half as sweet “ish” as most recipes call for, so instead of 1% Capella Super Sweet, I’ll go .5, or .6 depending on how I’m feeling that day.

Sweetener is the easiest one to figure out, but when adding say a “Cream”, or “Custard”- it may become a little harder to figure out if you want 3% TPA VCll, or 3.5%, or a Capella Sweet Cream @ 2%, or 2.5… I hope that makes sense…

Your tastebuds will lead you in the right direction…

What’s you favorite flavor profile @ZigZag?

6 Likes

first of all thank you @big_vape and @D.Sims for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it!
(the translator works roughly, I repeat and correct the translation several times, it is tiring but essential to be understood, but I cannot do all this to read the messages, especially if slang words or abbreviations are used)

I’ve been using an e-vape since November 30, it’s been almost two months and it’s too early to understand the balance of aromas, the experience will come over time, but thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pay attention to it.

having said that, and thanks again, my questions were other…(maybe I didn’t specify clearly? apologies) :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

in the options there is also the possibility of using the manufacturer’s specific gravity.

to simplify the question: nicotine, PG and VG have a specific gravity different from 1:1…does the calculator use this automatically?
Nicotine, PG and VG is it like for aromas that it varies from one to another and you have to specify the brand used, or is it a standard average weight and is it applied automatically?
or just 1:1 also nicotine, PG and VG?

More simply: does the specific gravity option also extend to nicotine, PG and VG?

5 Likes

@ZigZag… Hold on one moment dude…

@SessionDrummer!!! HELP!

5 Likes

Thanks @D.Sims , I found the answer on my own: it was enough for me to pay attention to the numbers in any recipe…

nicotine, PG and VG are calculated with the specific gravity, I assume generic, but not 1:1 (if this is requested in the options)

(I’ve also edited the initial question, untagging the manager Lars…he doesn’t have to worry about nonsense)

6 Likes

Wonderful @ZigZag. I know they weigh differently- and trust the recipe calculator when mixing. I wish you the best- and please post you have ANY questions. :pray:

7 Likes

I heartily thank you @D.Sims , you are really very kind and helpful, I really appreciate it!

5 Likes

I’m not that anal. The weight difference is minute when making smaller batches. If making gallons I would think it would make a difference. A 30mm not so much. There are too many variables when mixing.

6 Likes

Might want to explain anal as meaning to be extra precise or uptight. Some people have a hard time deciphering the translation of American slang.

5 Likes