Mixing by weight - flavor weight

5 Likes

Well… Mixing isn’t the first thing that comes to mind…

5 Likes

If I come within 20% of a measurement I consider myself right on. If I’m higher on the scale I call it a MTL recipe. If I’m low it’s a DTL recipe. ,:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I was just trying to be mindful of how people whose first language isn’t English might be stumped over what we call “anal”. Imagine having to explain that nuance to a little kid, :rofl:

5 Likes

Gee!!! I hope nobody ever takes me literally. I’m too sarcastic for that.

8 Likes

Same here. I don’t abide by any of the PC rules. I’m getting off track on the thread here, but I just wanted to point out how you said you weren’t that anal about mixing and that might be contrued as confusing for someone.

4 Likes

Only people like Mr. Sims. :dart::dart::dart:
More fun to make your mind wonder.

4 Likes

yes thanks @rcleven I just wanted to understand how the calculator works and adjusts with the various weights and options.
i am so much anal that i found the answer myself…

6 Likes

What a great group to poke fun and chat with.

4 Likes

Wait till your mixing on that scale and a small breeze drifts thru the room. That thousands turns to tenths.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

@D.Sims I’m in the same boat at @rcleven, as any differences are marginal, AND, the ratio is the same, regardless of the recipe size. Hadn’t really thought about it till this thread LOL.

4 Likes

Good job @ZigZag.

4 Likes

Agreed @rcleven. The heat or air conditioning comes on, same thing. I’d rather not go back into the whole 0.01 vs. 0.001 thing again. If people want to split molecules, let them. :slight_smile: Accuracy is great, and especially when it makes a real difference, if not, it’s just an excersie.

8 Likes

I don’t use “manufactures specific gravity” myself, I keep All concentrates the same (1 drop equals 0.02 g, more or less)

7 Likes

You mean when you got three drops to go and the scale goes blank? :joy::joy::joy: It’s got to be a plug in for me.

6 Likes

I can’t think of how many times I’ve held my freakin breath while mixing so I wouldn’t disturb the scale :cold_face:

7 Likes

Don’t worry about it anymore. I’m too inpatient. 3 100th of a graham isn’t going to kill a mix.

7 Likes

Brah… I’m a 0.05 type cat, but just the word Anal make me think a little differently… Sry, not sry

6 Likes

@ZigZag I believe the calculator will use the specific weight for each flavor that has a specific weight assigned, regardless if the recipe contains one or more flavors that do not have a specific weight assigned. Provided the setup option to use custom specified weights is enabled.

7 Likes

yes, if you activate this option it will automatically calculate the specific weights, not only of aromas but also PG , VG and nicotine.
I noticed this while looking at a recipe
Thanks @JiM210 :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes