Movies and Shows - What do you recommend? (2019)

Continuing the discussion from Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?:

4 Likes

Uh erm… 80’s flashback Had not seen this in years …fun!

Weird Al Yankovic in UHF on Amazon (included with Prime)

6 Likes

Season 2 of orville! I watch it on hulu, but I think it’s also available via Prime (at least season 1) and of course fox, for the people still using regular tv :wink:

Imdb source/trailer thingy for people not familiar with the show.

7 Likes

Starting on Fox 1/14 The Passage

Based on author Justin Cronin’s trilogy of the same name, “The Passage” is a character-driven action drama that focuses on Project Noah, a secret medical facility where scientists experiment with a dangerous virus that could lead to the cure for all disease – but it also could potentially wipe out the human race. When a young girl is chosen to be a test subject, a federal agent is tasked with bringing her in, but he becomes her surrogate father, determined to protect her at any cost – even as Project Noah’s work threatens to unleash an unimaginable apocalypse.

Not sure how good it will be but the 3 book trilogy was phenomenal

9 Likes

Loved the books! I hope the series does it some justice.

4 Likes

Well it’s definitely 2019 with Netflix’s latest interactive streaming Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Clue: requires a mouse or trackpad to interact with the movie. You are asked in the beginning if you “understand” which requires you actually move your mouse and click Yes or No …it’s not just filmed (did I mention “Interactive”?). Click “Yes” and the occasional “F%ck YEAH!” Interesting …surely we’ll see more of this type content in 2019 …WiLD

6 Likes

No it does not. You can interact with the remote that came with whatever streaming device you are using.

6 Likes

Not sure if this had been posted before, BUT This show is FANTASTIC!!!

8 Likes

I thought they were trying to make me click as a joke. :smile:

Looks good, I like time pieces. Netflix better get with it! :

Netflix New Arrival… Im hooked by the suspense right now. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

My wife just binge watched this one.

4 Likes

Finished it last night as well! Now we’re on the prowl for a replacement binge-worthy series… :sob:

3 Likes

We both binged this one…

3 Likes

We tried to get into that one, turned it off in the third episode, just to damn slow.

3 Likes

Maybe when I’m not drugged up we’ll give it another shot! Seems like we have similar interests! What else do you recommend @TorturedZen?!!!

2 Likes

These are more “guy” shows but we’ve been streaming

and

6 Likes

Might have to give those a try!! Thanks!!

4 Likes

Sex, Violence, Explosions and Betrayals…what more could you want? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Oh, I can’t wait for Game of Thrones to start again… :grin:

5 Likes

Very good shows … And im with you about GOT cannot wait , im also excited for how to train your Dragon 3 lol

4 Likes

Both excellent choices. Black Sails has some of the best cinematography I’ve seen on a TV production. Stunning.

5 Likes