Msds for stock NN solutions

Hi guys

I thought I would use Australia Post shopmate as a freight forwarder for an order from Nude Nicotine - That was a mistake.

I am pretty sure that the parcel was profiled due to the name Nude Nicotine - I got this from shopmate

Dangerous / Damaged / Prohibited Goods

We are unable to process your package as it contains product(s) that are either dangerous, damaged or prohibited for import to Australia. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions.

Now they want msds on each of the items in the package - I really only wanted some wicks but to fill up the order i orded a couple of other solutions to compare to my own solutions to check if there was a noticable difference. I now have to get msds for

Ascorbic acid 10% in pg
Erythritol Solution (5%) in vg
Stevia Solutions (10%) in pg
Tartaric Acid Solutions (10%) in pg

I know there are msds for flavours on the site but I am unable to find any for the above solutions. I have contacted NN and am awaiting their reply. I thought that someone may have them stored somewhere. If this is the case it would help me greatly if you could post a link or dropbox them or something similar.

< Rant>

As a warning to other Aussies shipping stuff with shopmate DO NOT SHIP FLAVOURS unless you have the msds - they queried my shipment from RF as well but sent it on as RF doesnt have any direct connection to nic (at least this is the way it looks).

All I can say is the PITA value of using shopmate is not worth the $30 you may save.

Oh and one other thing they kindly offered the following solutions

1. Request that the US warehouse returns the package to the merchant - for them to do this you will need to provide us with a returns label. This can be obtained from the merchant. (Postage fees will need to be paid by the merchant or yourself in addition to the Return Handling fee of $5)
  2. You can request that the item be redirected to an alternate US address (Postage fees will apply)
  3. Request that the package be discarded (a $5 fee applies)

Number 3 is the one that got me - more like open the package rat through it and take what they want.

Aussies be warned Shopmate is not the freigh forwarder you are looking for - find another one that will just forward the freight - it is not Australia Post’s job to police the imports into Australia it is the job of customs and if they want to ask questions then let them ask the questions.

I know some of you wont agree with my rant or will have differing opionins and that is fine - I am just frustrated with their stupidity (or my own not sure which).
< /rant>

Anyhow if anyone has the msds sheets for those items that would be great. If NN get back to me with them I will somehow get them to Lars for inclusion in the database.

Cheers

1 Like

Damn…that sucks…sorry for your troubles and I hope you are able to find what you need so that you can get your package

3 Likes

Dude I have 2 of those solutions available in Shepparton. Get the powders at the shop takes like 6 mins to prepare. Not saying you should have known, just damn. That’s shit for such basic solutions.

Ya I only got them to compare to the ones I made at home (i do have some). But I would say strongly that shopmate is not worth the time for liquids from companies that do nic as well. The rf order I put through shopmate looks to have hit Sydney so I think that one is fine. Cindi from Real Flavors sent me msds on all the flavors just in case @Walt_RealFlavors really appreciate the way you guys do business thanks a bunch.

@Volition I maybe over your way sometime soon depends how the xmas shopping is going will see if the minister of finance needs a shopping expedition - more shops in Shep than here :grinning:

Yeah, I’ve got more Tartaric granules and Ascorbic powder then I could use in a lifetime. Let me know when you are coming. I’ll put a batch together for you.

Malic & citric are easier to get and I don’t have much left.

1 Like

Not a problem. It is nice having a retired plastic surgeon working for you… I told her once I get older I expect free Botox haha. I will say, I am super proud of our staff. Be sure to ask if you ever need anything!

2 Likes

https://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9922972
I think this is 100% Ascorbic Acid
they may have other MSDS sheets here is a list:
https://www.sciencelab.com/msdsList.php
Stevia 15% http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9925095
Tartaric Acid https://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9925165

Cheers thanks for that looking now.