ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

Thanks, i got my first extraction done ginger it is, pretty strong stuff, recipe pretty easy, im using it at 10%, getting a good and clear taste, makes me think of torque by halo… pretty sure they are doing there own extraction by probably not the same process, now im going to try whit tobaco, thing is around here it is easer to get weed than tobaco…i would like to try in vacuum chamber heating tobaco and pg first and then put it under vacuum effect, anybody tryed that yet?

Is that Chertsey England or Canada?
I’m guessing Canada because of the bear :grinning:

Yes canada! Even if we only have black bears around the place!

At least they are easy to spot in the snow :wink:
It looks beautiful.

Keep the order under 200 grams and you should have no problem getting tobacco through 4 Noggins; they know the ins and outs of getting product into Canada.

Hoho tank you ! :grinning: im on it

@Kinnikinnick you said that you get your best results using PG and a little bit PGA. What about the freezer thing to remove oils and other stuff. Do you skip?

Yup… Since the majority of the extract is PG, there’s really no point in the extract winterization process.

I asked because of this picture after “winterisation”
Winterization

No hazards from fat oils? Are there fat oils, or just essential oils, which make the NET better!

I thougt about what @50YearsOfCigars said. The exaple with solving and soap.
Would´t it be the best way to use different solvent on the same tobacco. Maybe first steam extraction, then in Ultrasonic with PG/PGA, and then put in the dark cupboard let the time work for me. The sequence is just an idea, don´t know if another is better, but i hope you understand what my point is.

If you make NETs out of ready to smoke tobaccos, aren´t there all the nasty stuff in it, which BT put in to make it comfortable to smoke. I´m not afraid, just interested. I smoked stinkies for about 25 years and nearly all i can vape is not as unhealthy as smoking.

OK,. you are asking about complex chemistry of tobacco solvent extractions as it occurs in making e-liquids out of cigarette tobacco. A couple of point to consider: 1.) You make a reference to BT, and no one I know of that makes NETS uses cigarettes from BT, We use pure leaf tobacco or pipe blends. 2.) Most carcinogenic toxins in cigarettes are the product of secondary reactions that occur as a result of combustion when the cigarette is ignited. These compounds can not be solvent extracted into e-juice because they do no exist at the time of the extraction.

But in any event the complete answer to your questions is contained in the scientific literature. I don’t know your back ground in chemistry but let’s not over simplify the answer to all this here in brief Forum Posts. Here is two PDFs you need.

First is:
Basic Chemical Constituents of Tobacco Leaf
and Differences among Tobacco Types - from Tobacco: Production, Chemistry, And Technology, D. Layten Davisand Mark T. Nielson, Eds., Blackwell Science (Pub.), 1999

Here is a PDF link to download first document:

Second paper you need:
Nicotine Levels and Presence of Selected Tobacco-Derived Toxins in Tobacco Flavoured Electronic Cigarette Refill Liquids -from Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2015, 12(4), 3439-3452;- Dr. Konstantinos E. Farsalinos and others.

Here is link to download second document:

From the Abstract of the 2nd doc here is the question they answer. I think this is the question you are asking about:

Background. Some electronic cigarette (EC) liquids of tobacco flavour contain extracts of cured tobacco leaves produced by a process of solvent extraction and steeping. These are commonly called Natural Extract of Tobacco (NET) liquids. The purpose of the study was to evaluate nicotine levels and the presence of tobacco-derived toxins in tobacco-flavoured conventional and NET liquids.

Hope this helps. :grinning:

I also read sometime last year that RJ Reynolds had a beef with the IRS over a tax break they wanted for the environmentally friendly way they got rid of their waste tobacco.

Instead of dumping it into the environment they ground it up and put it in their cigarettes and sold it. :poop:
IRS said no, RJ took them to court.

They were brazen enough to admit what they did because they thought it deserved a reward.
I don’t know if the other companies do the same and keep mum about it.

:rofl: What good citizens they are thinking about the environment like that, if you forget about the killing of 1000’s of people with their product then they are super caring - assholes.

Thank you for the PDFs. I have to study them.
I know about the hazards of burning tobacco. I also know that nicotine is not the problem, it´s as harmful as coffein, if you don´t overdose. No cancer from nicotine. Adiction depend on, usage. Slow brain hit, fast brain hit.

Natural tabacco leafs using for NETs i understand. Cigarettes using for NETs, never thougt about. But using a pipe tobacco? They aren´t pure tobacco, or? I think there is a lot of stuff in there to flavor it. Different sugars, honey, salt for example. That explained the gunk. I´m not familiar with pipe tobaccos, that´s why i ask. I´m not familiar with NETs at all… My first mercantation waiting in my basement for filtering…

Regards
Weedhunter