Need help!

It’s funny that you say that… just the other day I saw a report about plastics and PET bottles were actually a bit of a health concern. Tests show that bottled water in PET bottles contain a heck of a lot more plastic particles than found in the same water in glass bottles. This was not related to any specific brands, all brands suffer the same issue.
This means that fluids in PET bottles are contaminated by the bottles and while it is not yet known whether ingestion of those particles have a long term health effect, I really don’t think that trying to vaporize them and inhaling them could be any healthier.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still using way too much PET and other plastics for my liquids, but I just want to point out that you shouldn’t just blindly trust your plastics.

The issue I have with stainless steel is that it can rust too easily, especially if it goes through heat cycles. Rust can easily flake off and be a contaminant. Otherwise, I don’t see any issue using food grade stainless steel for containers.

Why would you think that using a paint shaker wouldn’t do the same thing as any other method used to mix up your liquids?
If you’re going to let out all the air from your container and use the paint shaker, it won’t be shaken very well either, you need that pocket of air in the container for the liquids to be mixed properly.

In one case it is an open vessel and in the other it is closed. Makes quite a difference.

Thank you all for the replies, I have gained some great insight. I took the metal can back and got on amazon and bought a plastic one. Now just to figure out how long the steeping process will take for a quart. Thank you again.

Ron

3 Likes

In my experience it’s definitely not that big of a difference. When I mix 1000ml batches of eliquid, they take maybe an extra week at the most to steep compared to a 30ml bottle.

2 Likes

Awesome! I hadn’t tested it but had read others opinions and noticed my “larger” batches didn’t produce the same results I had grown accustomed to. Glad to know its not very drastic. And sorry to the OP for any misleading info!

2 Likes

Not to go off track too much, but I wonder if part of the idea that larger batches take longer is because it’s more likely that a larger batch will be under mixed, therefore making it take longer for everything to blend/steep properly. I know there are lots of different variables to steeping including temp, air, light, surface area, etc etc etc, but the initial thoroughness of the blending has got to be a huge part of it right? If not the biggest part! I’m just thinking out loud here. :wink: I feel an experiment coming on. Lol

5 Likes

Do you have a large scale?

1 Like