New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

Sorry we are unable to deliver to your country. Message from justvape24/7 :frowning: must be new TPP laws. Lame

Been two weeks since I mixed anything, and won’t need to mix any big batches for a month or two so decided to do up a couple testers using RF SC’s:

Soul Custardy v1.00 (RFSC)
1.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.50% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)
0.40% Butter Toffee (Real Flavors)
0.25% Bourbon (Real Flavors)
0.20% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)
adapted from this - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/963821/soul%20custardy%20clone%20v.%203

• need RF Bavarian Cream instead of regular RF Cream

• RF butter toffee instead of FW Butterscotch? butterscotch pudding?

• finger test = yum, nice smokey custard

This is a variation of the Indian Bread tester I made a couple weeks ago which didn’t turn out like I was thinking it would but was still a nice bready vape:
Elephant Ear v1.00 (RFSC)
1.20% Sugar Cookie (Real Flavors)
1.00% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.80% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)
0.60% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)

• finger test = rather sweet, maybe too much sugar cookie, or just rename it elephant ear cookie lol
6 Likes

These look good! Thanks I’m gonna give them a mix now :smile: I’m going to use the Butterscotch Pudding instead of butter toffee and the Bavarian cream instead of the cream as well.

Both of those flavors are at the top of my next order list from RF.

I just gave these 2 a quick test (the mixing bubbles weren’t even fully settled yet LOL) and they show promise but obviously need to steep a couple weeks to come into their own. The other 2 RF SC recipes I made about 2 weeks ago (I think I posted them in the RF Extracts thread) are much better now than when I first mixed them.

I am going to have a lot of fun playing with RF SC recipe testers these coming weeks to decide which of the flavors I already bought I will be ordering more of on my next order when I order a bunch of other flavors I want.

1 Like

I actually added 0.5% cream and 0.2% honey to Elephant Ears. I thought about adding a drop of FLV Cinnamon to it as well. I figure I’ll let it steep first and then decide on the Cinnamon.

1 Like

Yes, I have plans to add some sort of cinnamon to the elephant ears and indian bread recipes I am testing, eventually. RF cinnamon roll and toast are on my to order list as I don’t have any RF Cinn flavors yet. The only cinnamon I have on hand is OSDIY Baked Cinn Roll and TFA/CAP Cinn Danish flavors and I plan to use those up in big batches of non RF recipes while I am working on straight RF SC recipes for future big batches/recipes.

1 Like

Ok, let’s call it Moon Nuts :wink: I seem to be the last person to hear about mixing Bust-A-Nut and Moon Butter, but at the same time I also have not seen a recipe for the combination, please correct me if I am wrong!

I first heard of this magic trick on IRC from @SthrnMixer. I just happened to have two well steeped bottles of @Alisa’s Bust-A-Nut and @Mourning_Glory’s Moon Butter and it was an easy test. Uh? Do you remember the first time you mixed Rum and Coke. It was indeed magical!

After some more measured tests I determined the ratio of 3:2 BAN:MB This recipe became an easy math problem. I rounded up % that I thought stood out but since Moon Butter is only 12% flavoring it lowered the higher total flavor% of BAN down to 17.5% for Moon Nuts.

I take very little credit here and am making this recipe public just to get other folks to post what I think has become other folks secret stash juice using BAN and MB as bases! Well, it’s my secret stash juice no longer… best just make a 120 right now. SO MUCH room for adaptation here! I really look forward to what you other peeps have done with these two.

I personally liked the sweeter boosted creaminess and the peanut is a great add to the other nuts in BAN. If you’re not a fan of “sweet” you could drop the Marshmallow …really the adaptation here are endless. Oh and PLEASE come up with a better name that doesn’t invoke a visual of some dude fumbling the soap in the shower. Moon Nuts!!! :flushed:

Lastly bowing down to the Master creators of juice and the Lord of ELR. The way this whole things works @daath makes so much possible. Special thanks to @Alisa, of course, for one of the WORLD’s number one recipes “Bust-A-Nut”, and @Mourning_Glory’s “Moon Butter” has generated it’s own heat (look at all those comments!)

High fives and many thanks for the generosity of everyone here, especially @SthrnMixer for suggesting on IRC that mixing BAN and MB might just be something special. I’m trying to break ground here. I know several of you have a similar recipes because you’re already talking about the BAN:MB mix in other posts/threads, but it’s hard to come on here and infer that it was in fact possible to take these to a higher flavor level …hey I just did the math to my tastes I give you…

14 Likes

Hahaaa ! Moon Nuts. It was just a matter of time. :smiley:
Great job dear @BoDarc . I really think you have a winner here. I’ll
mix it up your recipe this weekend.

Thank you for sharing!

6 Likes

I knew you would like it! And I am impressed that you’ve taken it to the level you have. However, I’m nowhere near as precise in mixing these recipes. I usually keep pretty large batches of both recipes and the photo below is an example. That’s bust a nut in a 1 pint Everclear bottle. Anyway, I’ve been just mix them half-and-half or thereabouts. Always fantastic.

7 Likes

Swedish Oatmeal Cookies (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 0.8
Butter Toffee (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.8
Dark Chocolate (MF) 0.4
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 0.7
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.4
Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors) 2
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.03
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1

Flavor total: 6.13%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

This mix has has turned into something special. Layers and layers of flavors. I get a OM Cookie top note, then it layers down to the individual ingredients. Chocolate and Toffee are secondary notes, but very prominent. I also get a bit of a tingle from the cinnamon and a nice creamy tongue coating from the cream with a visible mild sweetness. When you think it’s all done, there’s a nutty note at the end. This is a well rounded mix that kinda leaves you guessing because there’s a lot going on here.

BTW, 1 drop cinnamon per 30 mls.

Steep at least 3 weeks.

5 Likes

Should we break these up by year like vape mail. It’s getting big and the ones from April 2015 aren’t that new anymore. Just a thought.

5 Likes

Sounds like a plan man!

What say you @JoJo?

2 Likes

I also agree. Things has changed a lot since back then.

I say go for it. @Pro_Vapes care to do the honors? :smiley: