New study suggests vaping damages the heart

I would find it a lot safer believing the article if it came from the UK Health Ministry which claims Vaping is 95% safer than cigarettes. I could believe them. But, any other entity throughout the EU I have trouble believing since the EU wants to ban Vaping just like the US does. Truth be told, it’s damn hard to believe in anyone these days. Money is truly corrupting…

4 Likes

I know it said that, but my point was we shouldn’t discount NEW information. It’s inevitable we’ll learn more and more about the effects of vaping as time goes on. I never said vaping was 100% safe or dangerous, the uk health ministry may very well come to the same conclusions, you can’t discount something because it doesn’t come from a source that you previously agreed with because it benefited you. My point was the vitriol in the community is dangerous. We should be objective instead of being wishful. The source is not unknown, nor is the equipment, this is what i meant by it being a bit too religious. If you want to know who funded it, search. I’m sure it’s somewhere, it only came out two days ago.

If this study said the opposite was true i doubt anyone here would be so adamant about funding and equipment and study size etc. I’ve noticed nobody cares when the studies agree with what they want.

I have zero intention of quitting vaping regardless, I just think a more objective view is smarter instead of the tin foil big tobacco conspiracies. Can anyone show me direct evidence of research funded by a big tobacco company that’s proven to be fraudulent as opposed to incorrect or not falling in line with unbiased research regarding vaping? I believe that’s highly illegal. Because if you can then please show me, if not, it’s all a bit hollywood…

The information put out there for this ‘study’ shows the data is not concluding ANYTHING we didn’t already know about nicotine. Of course nicotine causes arterial stiffness, as does drinking coffee or enduring a stressful event.

To make the ‘study’ and the resulting articles about vaping vs smoking health risks is shameful.

To scaremonger the way these articles do is shameful.

7 Likes

It’s not scaremongering, it’s keeping people informed of new information. Why is it scaremongering? I’m glad to read new information regardless of whether i like it or not.

You missed my point.

There’s nothing “NEW” about this information. The only thing ‘new’, is in the shameful and twisted way in which it’s presented.

5 Likes

Why is it not new? People linked vaping to heart disease before for different reasons. Why isn’t this new information? Sources?

I for one is that guy that’s gonna be real sceptic until it is proven that the study has been done properly with no hidden agenda pointing in big tobaccos and big pharmas direction.
If a legitimate study proves that vaping is unhealthy but not as dangerous as smoking i will stick with vaping anyway for now until i see signs that my body reacts to it as i did when it came to smoking in the end before i quit.

Until then i will look at most studies as fear mongering.

5 Likes
1 Like

Most studies being the ones that you don’t like? I don’t get why people think everybody’s conspiring against vapers, last i checked the uk pretty much endorsed it.

It’s scaremongering when it is said that something MAY CAUSE, COULD CAUSE, ecetera. This next comment is not to you @Vapemeister, it’s to those posting new studies… JUST THE FACTS PLEASE !!!

4 Likes

Now who’s being disingenuous? You’re referring to a study of nictoine where as you know full well we’re talking about the effects of vaping and vaping nicotine as opposed to smoking…and you call the papers shady?
The point is how much of the effect happens when vaping compared to combustion.
I doubt it’s as high as smoking, but i won’t throw it to the side and blame conspiracies against vaping.
Literally nothing shameful about how it’s presented.

Considering all the shit big tobacco and big pharma has pulled against vapers it can’t come as a surprise to you that me myself and others doubt the honesty of and how legitimate these studies are.

And besides it has nothing to do with what i like or not, for me a bit of skepticism is only healthy in the long run.

2 Likes

Take a look at this “study”.Nothing new, but they neglect to tell you about the dosage. Yes certain flavourings are linked to cause x y z, but the dosage needed to cause any harm is never discussed, and they don’t warn against the use of microwave popcorn. Its all fear mongering to sell papers/ads. Nothing of substance in these, 3-5 paragraphs of fluff.

1 Like

News just in : tap water wet, could cause people to drown, a test study of 30 students who inhaled water caused all students to die, Professor Barry McMoneybags Managing Director of Evian says a similar test in which 30 students inhaled bottled water caused no ill side effects and all students went on to live happy hydrated lives…

13 Likes

Agreed, but i think when people start disagreeing with long standing respectable institutions it gets a bit tinfoil to me. The uk health ministry isn’t the only respectable government institution. If it had disagrees and said vaping was more dangerous everybody would say “Oh well it’s the government steering it to the findings it wants.” I think vapers are their own worst enemies because they convince themselves that because information is conflicting it’s ok to just choose what you prefer and back it up with the information we like.
I just want to see more objectivity in the community. I take everybody’s points on board, just thought people should take it a bit more seriously instead of acting like everybody’s out to get them.

2 Likes

Completely stupid comparison. Funny though so you get a like :wink:

1 Like

It’s only stupid because we are educated on the dangers of “water”. The articles prey on people’s ignorance.

3 Likes

if it turns out to be true I’ll haunt you forever…

Well, @BoyHowdy …looks like some folks here are not invited to this party! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My Y2K2016 model hasn’t shown up yet…can I get my tracking number?

12 Likes

the cat sure looks suspicious about stuff…

5 Likes