Nic Math questions

So someone over on Reddit posted a question, I think I answered it correctly but would really like to know if I’m right or wrong since it’s kind of a important calculation.

The original question was:

“Seemingly simple math question I need help with: I have a bunch of bottles of 3mg pre-mixed base. I also have 100MG nicotine base. I am wanting to mix nic in with the pre-mixed 3mg base to end up with 8mg liquid. I’m terrible at anything math related…”

And my answer:

[–]ShaneConner 1 point 4 minutes ago

"Ok I may be wrong here so take this with a grain of salt because I’m still a newb. Haven’t even made my fist mix yet but…

It seems like you would just need to add 0.05ml/per 1ml (5mg of nic) of 100mg/ml Nic to your 3mg base. So if you had 30ml of 3mg base, then you would add 1.5ml to that base to make 8mg. If I’m correct… If I’m not then I’d kind of like to know because that’s an important calculation :)"

1 Like

Your calculation is correct :grinning:

2 Likes

The calculations look correct to me,

Edit @Josephine_van_Rijn you beat me to it :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you both! It’s good to know I was on the right track :smile:

1 Like

My hat goes off to anyone who handles 100MG Nicotine. (Shivering)

2 Likes

You just need to be careful that’s all using gloves.

1 Like

What if it splashes in my eyes? (Still shuddering)

1 Like
3 Likes

If you are afraid of that happening you use protective glasses of course and while you’re at it put a protective mask on as well in case you get it in your face.

Or you could get one of these for full body protection :laughing:

5 Likes
2 Likes

My husband wants one of those for my nervous heavy vape days.

3 Likes

No it may be rounding error but I get 30ml of 3mg juice + 1.5ml 100mg juice gives a total of 31.5ml of 7.62mg liquid.
but if you use 30ml of 3mg juice + 1.63ml of 100mg juice you will get 31.63ml of 8.00mg liquid.
check me what am i doing wrong?

urgently awaiting a reply
@Josephine_van_Rijn @Fenrir1 @Tenfifty

2 Likes

OK that math is overwhelming my brain a little. I have no idea lol

Why do people need premade nicotine base? doesn’t it just offer more chance for the nicotine to oxidize? and lessen the chance that you’ll end up with your desired strength in the end product?

5 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking but … who knows

1 Like

My guess is the guy probably has some 3mg commercial juice and wants to bump it up to 8. Just a guess though

1 Like

Sometimes new mixers want to see what luck they have in this craft and don’t want to buy a bottle of nic especially if they find they don’t like mixing. So a premixed nic solution works very well. If concerned with oxidation, just keep the nic solution in the fridge or freezer. I’ve got bottles of juice with nic in the fridge and they have never oxidized even after one year. No joke.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely correct, the solution is then to take 1.5 ml out of the 30 ml to get 28.5 ml of juice and add 1.5 ml of 100/mg nicotine and you’ll have 8 mg. :grinning:

1 Like

Closer that would yield 30ml of 7.85mg juice.

Feel free to share this link

3 Likes

2 Likes