Nicotine or CBD?

It occurs to me that with all the theoretical benefits of the CBD oils, I am considering simply swapping out nicotine in its 100mg strength for CBD oil. ANyone tried this? I know the taste is probably going to be an issue…anyone know how to offset this?

2 Likes

Well, it is oil so it won’t combine well with the rest of the mix.

1 Like

This will prob be worth a read

:+1:

3 Likes

thanks Lolly

2 Likes

yeah, most of my friends vape it “pure” so…I was just wondering if another option had come up in the last year. I have been out of the loop.

1 Like

It works fine. I live in Washington State so we can get CBDs or THC legally. A friend that had been taking prescribed speed for ADHA for years, his doctor told him to get a medical card, is using marijuana now to control it. It works better than speed ever did. Vaping a THC tincture with zero nic ejuice makes a fine way to go. Make him a juice 60%Vg in the flavors he likes and he uses a Baby Beast or a RDA.

Even make the tincture, 10 to 11 grams of bud makes 4 onces of tincture.

I live in a retirement community there are a lot of people that had been taking pain medication, since putting together a mod and atty for my friend a number of others have asked to be setup. There is a lot less opiates being used now days.

Like I said it is legal where we live, not encouraging anyone into breaking the law.

8 Likes

Be sure to cook the raw herbs to release the active ingredient,
Eating flowers does little, eating brownies made of flowers is good.

Make sure here that you are obedient,
Buy the flowers at a dispensary and not in the hood.

3 Likes

Absolutely correct you do need to decarboxylate the herb by baking at 240 degrees for 50 to 60 minuets prior to adding to VG. We do have the advantage of buying herb that has been tested for purity and % when it is legal in your state.

2 Likes

CBD oil is legal in all 50 states.

2 Likes

i live up in anacortes , from tacoma where about do you live

1 Like

I’m from Tacoma but live in Federal Way now.
Stay warm and dry. :wink:

2 Likes

yeah as far as I understand it the CBD is perfectly legal in all 50 states as it has 0 THC. I live in Florida where they still hang you for marijuana possession unfortunately, but they sell the CBD oil in all the Vape stores and head shops. OK, so I exaggerated a little…no more hangings 'round these parts, but Florida likes to keep its prison population at max so…any little lapse in judgement can get you locked up here, depending on the county and the judge etc etc.

They DID just legalize medical marijuana by a slim margine but so long as Rick Scott (aka Voldemort – just look at him VERY closely then imagine he has no nose…!!BAM!! it’s freakin’ Voldemort hisself) is our beloved Guv’nah. Not much in the way of intelligent or progressive thinking is going to take place here.

I don’t even use marijuana recreationally, medicinally or any other way…that’s the thing. Our battleground is made of pragmatic reality. Our ammunition is common sense. Unfortunately I feel that we are losing. But that’s not the topic here…I don’t mean to stir the pot. (< see what I did there?) OK…one more quick stir, then I’m done here…

But in all fairness, with the opioid use at “epidemic” proportions (their word not mine) I would think they would happily bring in another option. Unfortunately, insofar as I can tell, when the jailers own all the jails they like to keep 'em full, and when they also own all the hospitals (or their wives do in this case) they like to keep people sick.

Thanks for all your input folks, I do appreciate it…trying to eliminate some of the poisons I’ve been ingesting for years (nicotine etc etc) or at least replace them with stuff that’s less harmful. Vaping was a HUGE step a couple years ago. Now I just have to take it to the next level. I enjoy it so much though, not sure I’ll ever want to stop vaping…we’ll see.

Everyone have a blessed New Year! Thanks again!

2 Likes

i personally think cbd is over hyped and shows no benefits for anything, people promoting it shout out it cures this cures that cures cancer cures bullet wounds ect and i actually think its a hidden agenda just to push legaisation of marijuana as they spout it as some sort of miracle plant medicine. saw a vice documentary the other day about some guys going to the middle of Africa to find a untouched cannabis strain that contains high levels of THC-C a different compound other than THC that does the opposite of THC. it contained high levels. 2 guys went and suspiciously the first guy died a month or two later from malaria leaving all the profits ofcourse to the other benefactor.

1 Like

I dont think most people here use cbd as a cure, as you said, but as painkiller, substitute from an opioid derivative medicine, and for some others as psychotropic medicine to calm them down when the stress hit them. Cmiiw.

i see it touted everywhere for virtually anything ofcourse with no science backing behind it but basically first hand accounts most likely placebo, even had people dying by using cannabis oil and then refusing conventional medicinal proven treatment which is sad

1 Like

I dont actually use it, so i’m probably not a great source on this matter. I’ll wait for someone else with more first hand experience on this then.

There are some good read i this forum about cbd, like CBD, Parkinsons & Fibromyalgia (UK) and
Any experience with CBD?
If you search in this forum, there are plenty informations about it.

My feeble attempt at being poetic failed miserably :cry:

Be sure to cook the raw herbs to release the active ingredient,
Make sure here that you are obedient.

Eating flowers does little, eating brownies made of flowers is good,
And buy the flowers at a dispensary and not in the hood.

1 Like

CBD Isolate is really easy to work with. For instance, i take one gram (1000 mg) and mix it in a 10 ml or 30 ml bottle of 90pg/10vg. Then measure the out dose i want. I sometimes mix it with my juice that has 3 mg nic and it still is effective. As far as plant matter. I mix raw herb (5-10 grams)in a bottle o 100% VG and leave it for 4-6 weeks in a dark cool place. Then use the VG as i would in any of my standard mixes. I use this method for friends and family and they all say that it is effective. Here are a couple videos, that may help

2 Likes

Seconding CBD isolate is very easy to work with. I usually make 100mg/30ml cbd juice. I’ve found the optimal ratio is 55/45 PG or PDO/VG and heating the mixture and mixing aids in dissolving the crystal.

How big of a bottle of VG do you usually use and how much herb? how do you filter the vg? thanks

1 Like