Nicotine River - Updates

I do feel strongly about a Users Manual that includes safety info, tips and tricks, a simple guide to mixing, a list of popular Calculators or mixing apps, and a list of helpful website addresses to learn more. Also that people are able to choose their own flavors as I didn’t like the kits because of the flavor choices were ones I wouldn’t use. Also maybe include an inexpensive but decent milk frother for mixing.

2 Likes

Speaking for myself, I would like to see the 2oz bottles go back to the old price. I rarely purchase 1oz bottles and if I need to, I can get that one or two elsewhere. 90% of my flavorings are purchased from NR and now that they have Inawera, I think that will increase to 98%. As a newly made single parent of a non-stop eating machine, I gotta watch every penny.

3 Likes

@Nicotine_River why dont you just offer the tfa line 30ml bottles at 3.95 , dont prebottle them since you have the bottles but stock the 60ml bring down that price , for those who will buy the 30ml will realize that it may take an extra day to fulfill order but your margins on the 30ml will be great and thise who want 60ml get that option , im not sure how difficult this would be to do thw 30ml at time of order ??? just a thought

1 Like

I agree totally each kit should always include a nicotine test kit as well as nitrile gloves. They commonly are sold for under 10$ @Nicotine_River

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/mixing-tools-safety/testing-kits/nicotine-testing-kit.html

https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/nude-nicotine-test-kit-high-resolution/

3 Likes

I think a really good diy kit would have pg vg nic, obviously, and gloves and a nicotine test kit like @Sprkslfly mentioned, and then maybe have a choice of flavors from the 25 flavors in this thread Analyzing The 100 Top-Rated Recipes . You could have a basic kit with 10-15 or so of the ones that are in the most recipes, and a deluxe kit with all of them maybe? I don’t know what the typical price point for diy starter kits are, I’ve never shopped for one. So I’m not sure if 25 flavors is crazy…or not? I suppose if you could do 10ml flavors for the kit it would be more cost effective.

2 Likes

IMHO… I think a beginner’s kit would be an excellent idea for a vendor like NicRiver to sell.

Though I’d suggest the Economical First Order from A Beginner’s Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes. That list is almost perfect, though determining how much VG & PG could be a (little bit?) of a pain. And it’s missing a scale… Does NicRiver sell scales? Could they? Is it possibly economical to purchase a number of scales solely to turn into kits for one-stop shopping?

The top 25 flavors listed in the Analyzing thread is not really a beginner’s kit, since they’re not geared toward any certain recipes. They’re a great list of flavors for anyone to have, though. A better “advanced” list of flavors is in the section Maximum Efficiency listing 40 flavors that can make 31 recipes. That could be a kit - but do advanced users really need a pre-packaged kit of flavors?

3 Likes

I suppose, but I’ll tell ya I would have loved to have all those right off the bat! But yes, those 18 (?) Flavors in that economical first order list would probably be better. The only problem I see there for a brand spanking new mixer who may or may not be part of elr is that there are a lot of repeats like strawberry and custard. I think have three different custards in a might be overwhelming for someone just starting out who isn’t specifically trying to mix recipes from here.

3 Likes

And yes, that would be a great kit! And I don’t consider myself advanced, but I’m not brand new anymore either… If the price was right I would absolutely love to have a kit option for those flavors.

2 Likes

I know when I started out I had no clue what flavorings to buy. I think I got the top 50 or so flavors and it wasn’t until I tried to use them I realized I had a bunch of creams and enhancers with plenty of strawberry lol. But anyway, I figured it out and all was right in the world again.
With that said, how about some recipes to go with the kits? I’m not sure how to work that in…maybe suggestions in the kit description? Even if it’s a link to elr top rated at least the person picking flavors for their kits will have ideas for recipes at that point rather than getting the most used flavorings.

1 Like

Excellent point. I agree there.

Thank you guys for all of your feedback! I have been trying to think about what is ultimately the easiest way to streamline this whole kit. My greatest fear is it being overwhelming. Every kit I have checked out has 48mg nicotine as a up sell - Why do you think that 48mg is all that is offered? Is there also any value in offering a premixed 4mg, 7mg, 13mg, knowing that with a 20% - 25% flavoring in whatever recipe they make it will bring it down to a 3mg, 6mg, 12mg? Let me know if that makes sense?

Thank you!

2 Likes

@Nicotine_River

I think overwhelming is better. All of the kits I have seen are so bland.
I have never bought/used one. I had everything to begin DIY e-juice [except the nicotine and a lot of the flavoring] because I have made herbal tinctures/beard oils/perfumes etc. and have also been baking for decades. I even had the lab equipment, scales, magnetic mixers from my profession.
If I had been forced to by a bland DIY kit to start, I would have been frustrated by the ones I have seen offered. I believe having good tools to start with makes for a much better experience, higher quality product, and more excitement.

[ Why do you think that 48mg is all that is offered?]

I think it is a safety precaution for new handlers of nicotine liquid. Personally, I like 48mg nic, and the best I have ever used is yours in VG @Nicotine_River …in any strength.

3 Likes

I also think you should offer a non-nicotine option. By the time I started mixing, I had already worked down to 0 nic. So I wouldn’t buy the kits because I wouldn’t pay the extra for nic when it was a waste. So the gloves, nic, and nic test kit would be a waste for me. So the two options with a different price points for the non nic and nic tester would be great also.

And I think being able to choose your own flavoring choices is best for the same reason. Why waste flavorings if some aren’t liked by the person buying.

1 Like

Noted and that will be an option for sure!

I think your situation is kind of “the exception to the rule” though. As I believe the majority of those who start into DIY do so for financial reasons first and foremost. The second largest group would probably be those who honestly love the idea as a hobby (such as those who love to cook, and can easily see the correlation between the two).

If those two comprise the majority of potential kit buyers, then chances are high that they’re still going to be in the early stages of trying to quit smoking, and still need Nicotine, etc.

I can easily see how some people might desire to purchase their own flavors, but personally, I think those same people are less likely to be the ones who would be interested in a kit in the first place.
To me, a kit is normally for someone just entering the world of DIY. Think of all the times you’ve read here from a newcomer saying “I wish I would have not gotten the flavors I did…” when they picked their own.

Overall, it’s a tough call, as there’s so many varying points of entry to DIY.

Might be a good idea if Grant allowed for both. One set of kit options for choosing their own flavors, and one set of options for those who are 100% new.

4 Likes

Is it worth it for Nicotine River to have a product in every flavor company that is a “Top 10 Flavor” product? We can base it off of our reports and what has sold the best from the beginning. Let me know if this would be helpful?

Thank you!

5 Likes

Yes, That would be very helpful. Also stocking Hype flavors- New to the Market. That would also be great!

2 Likes

Will this suffice? https://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/flavourart-flavors/products/flavourart-10-best

Thank you!

4 Likes

What I think would be nice is to have say a 5 flavor selection with the top 5 or 10 flavors from each category.

You can say have the top 5 creams based on sales from various company’s, then top 20 fruits and that would be the 2nd and 3rd selection. Follow that up with the top 20 desert flavors for the 4th selection and top 5 custards.

This way someone can orders something like this:

1. Cap Sweet Cream
  2. INW Shisha Strawberry
  3. FA Fuji Apple
  4. TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
  5. CAP Vanilla Custard

When your a newb it is best to have less choices, not more so that your first mix has a better chance of succeeding. If you include some simple recipes on the product page as well then this might be the jumpstart they need. I tried multiple flavor mixes when I first started and failed, the simple ones are what kept me going in DIY. If there was a starter kit like this I would have ordered it right away.

2 Likes

I dig it and great idea!

3 Likes