One Smok AL 8.5 w/Baby beast tank + one newb = mahem

Don’t stress there is a bit of a learning curve.

Are you in Temp control and what is the temp?
Double check your settings in the mode section make sure they didnt change.

Did it jump out of TC

Yeah briefly! When I hit the bar - the damn thing somehow dropped into “watt” or something. Hey one good thing… it’s no longer whistling.

It’s now howling with laughter.

Ok on the side of the of the coil when you look through the glass there is a bit of writing - what does it say?

“Send this back and buy a pen.”

2 Likes

lmao - do you have a mic and speakers i can chat to you in discord if you do

For real:
40 to 80
Best
55 to 65

(sorry, no resistin!)

Dunno what Discord is - except I LIVE in it! Anyone use Skype??

if you have a mic

ok you have the q2 coil does the section on the screen say .4 ohm? (or close)

the coil has one big hole in the centre with cotton around it?

I’m going to go out on a limb here. Temp control is really not an easy mode to use, especially for folks new to more advanced mods. Power mode or Watts is much easier to work with.
On the Smok:
Give the fire bar three quick presses,
This should bring you to a menu that says Mode.
Give the fire bar one long press.
Since you have been using temp mode, the mod will probably display temp.
Give the fire bar short presses until the display shows Mode Watt.
Give the fire bar a long press.
The display will now show the preheat setting. Ignore this. You can play with that later.
Give the fire bar a long press.
You are now in power mode.
From here it’s real simple. Use the front up and down control buttons and set it for say 30 watts.
Try a vape.
If its a week vape, increase the wattage by a few watts.
Repeat this until you get a satisfying vape.
If the vape starts getting hot or abrasive, lower the watt setting.
That’s all there is to watt or power mode. All coils work. No fiddling around. Your Smok mod and any atty will work in this mode.

After mastering power mode you can try temp control again if you please. It can be complicated.

When someone specifically asks about TC you help them figure out tc - but hey sure go ahead and answer a question that wasn’t asked.

1 Like

My apologies. That’s why I prefaced the post with “stepping out on a limb” I anticipated blow-back. I am simply offering an alternative. I’m quite confident that if the person really wants to continue perusing TC, that person will ignore my post.

1 Like

Be careful @woftam this might be another test like the test on the Cricket…

1 Like

Lmao @Norseman gold right there brother.

@jokerette I am happy to help you figure out tc - it is something you sound like you wish to learn more about. If that isn’t the case please feel free to take @Walt3 's advice

1 Like

@Jokerette And if you wish to continue learning about TC, @woftam is doing a great job of walking you through it. Obviously has a very good understanding of the process.

Why yes indeed I do! Of course I tried Walt’s advice - and guess what happened. Yes, it whistled at me. I couldn’t believe it STARTED at 4 and I had to go all the way up to 30! I did so - and I know I’m a pain in the ass, but no matter what watt, it didn’t taste as - good as it did for the 2 seconds I had the temp working.

That said - thank you Walt! I’m always up for trying something new - as I know LESS than nothing. For now, I’d best stick with Temp, tho - from all my research, if I learn which temp is best, this particular box mod should ensure I get the same exact vape at each (toke? what the hell you call it lol!) That’s what I’m shooting for - consistency. Once I get THAT down, we’ll go into tweakage 101 lolol :smiley:

1 Like

You’re both very kind to this newbie: this is a remarkable place. Truly.

1 Like

All good. Temp control is the way to go for a good even, consistent, vape. I admire your tenacity.

@Jokerette when it jumps out of TC it generally means something isnt quite right

Which coil does the one you have in look like?

If you can just try unscrewing the tank from the mod and hitting the fire button (it should say no atomizer) then screw the atomizer back on hit the fire button and it should come up with the new coil same coil message box - select new coil.

one that is done go back into the menu and select tc and as it scrolls thru the settings check that they are all set as per the post i made above. lmk what happens.

If it keeps jumping out a coil change may be required.

I’ve been using the full size TFV8 as well as the baby and big baby for quite some time. As far as I know, none of the coils are compatible with temp control. They are either Kanthal or Nichrome with the resistances they have. If you want to do TC with these tanks I do believe the RBA is the only one that will work properly.

1 Like