Opinions on (CAP) - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I looked at the reviews on here for it, but I’d like more in depth answers.

• Is it chemically/bile tasting? Since I think it has Butyric Acid in it instead of Diactyl, BA always gives that gross smell and taste.

• How potent is it?

• How is it compared to TPA’s VBIC? I think TPA’s is very nice. I could even pair TPA’s with CAP’s to get a different taste on a VBIC vape.

• Does it need a good amount of steep time after mixing like most vanillas, creams, and custards.

• I’ll be using it as an accent flavor. Will it mess up other flavors at all? Or does it blend nicely with a majority of flavors mixed with it?

Include any other useful tips/feedback comments you deem fit.

Thanks, guys!! ;D

2 Likes

My experience with CAP VBIC is that it is a good flavor, although you can sometimes get a peppery taste from it, in small amounts it works quite well.

I use it @ 1-3% and it seems to work well with all the flavors i’ve paired it with.

I’ve never had TPA VBIC so cannot comment.

Steep time, not sure on that one as ive never used it as a main flavor, it does hold its own in a mix though.

I’m sure the more experienced mixers will help out more here.

3 Likes

I’m gonna watch the thread :nerd_face:

I do have the cap version. I agree with the 1-3%. I have found it too overpowering at the 4-5%.

Steeping, yes I do a minimum of 2 weeks. For it to really blend well with my fruit vapes. For this normally orange.

I haven’t herd of someone mixing cap a tpa together for this flavor. On my own I probably wouldn’t do it. Rather I would mix a sherbet in there or other ice cream.

If you want more vanilla cream I would try a shisha vanilla INW or other vanilla.

6 Likes

I love it, I never steep it more than a day. It’s one of the main ingredients in my cream base.

2 Likes

I think for me it’s because I orange vapes are alittle harsh at the start and I want for the liquid to change to Atleast a light orange yellow color.

3 Likes

That makes sense, they are harsh. I use menthol in my Orange stuff too, it is one that has to mellow a bit.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Hijack of a thread😜 Haha. I’m loving echo cooler FW. 5 more attempts and I think I’ll have my first adv clone. Thanks to @jojo I think it’s called sunrise cream.

4 Likes

The website told me I only have a few more likes today so I have to respond directly lol…Vanilla Bean Ice Cream goes in just about everything I make at small percentages.

4 Likes

I agree with the 1-3% too. Used low, its a fantastic mixer. Helps out with alot of creams. I wouldnt mix it woth TPA’s VBIC tho. They are totally different profiles. CAP’s version is more of a cream than it is a vanilla based ice cream. It melds well with CAP’s sweet cream, FA’s cream fresh and FA’s meringue. I use it at low percents coz anything higher than 3, it totally takes over a mix and ends up really sickly!!! It blends well with vanilla custards too, IE: CAP’s or TPA’s verisons, but i havent tried it with FA’s custard though. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks, guys! I’ll let you know how it goes!

2 Likes

I use it one of my recipes it works well to round out a flavor and bring a fruit and cream together in harmony.

3 Likes

IMHO, CAP is good, TPA is better, the two are different enough from one another to stand on their own merits.
Liquid Barn’s Vanilla Ice Cream… I honestly can’t tell the difference between TPA and LB. Color, smell, flavor…same same by me.

5 Likes

Flavor West also has a very good VBIC…

5 Likes

I have them both, I mix em together, love it!! As far as both separate, I like TFA a wee bit better but hey, they are both good. Really is a preference I suppose.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Now I know. At what percents do you use when working with both in a recpie

3 Likes

I use 2% of both up to 3%.

2 Likes

I use CAP a lot in all my creamy/custard recipes, for me between 3% and 4% as I love the flavour but it does take a while to really shine through, as a rule I do 2 weeks and a 4hr slow cooker to start with, also goes very well with Cherry and English toffee :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bringing this thread back from the dead for further analyzing.

Does anyone else feel like CAP VBIC is bland? I get vanilla but it is not very sweet and is almost a hollow taste that bullies/ covers other flavors. It feels super plain.

I have let it sit for up to two weeks and it has not changed very much.

Looking at my page, I have used it at 3%, pretty consistently.

Perhaps 2 or 1.5% would be more suitable?

1 Like

Tried the FW version of VBIC and thought it was very bland even at 10%. The CAP VBIC is good imho and I agree with the others… 1-3% at most. I think I have one recipe where I take it to 3.5% and even there it starts to get a little over powering. Overall though I like and use it.

2 Likes

That’s Great!!! I am glad you found what works for you! That is the best part of DIY, finding what is right for you! As we all know, taste is subjective so not everyone is going to like the same thing!!! I usually use it as a mixer, not as a single flavor, but I mix it anywhere from 1% to 5% or so. Also, it can have a peppery taste if you try to vape it before it is finished steeping, but I like it because it is pretty sweet, smooth, and has a good mouthfeel quality to it.

2 Likes