Original Crown RBA

what kind of build is in your crown rba , ivevtried many and ive read and watched , but this sucks and ive tried it then put it away , buy stock coils when they run out i go back to trying this rba , there isnt much room but thats ok the flave sucks and i cant get any good flave over 30watts

1 Like

There is a thread around here somewhere. The RBA sucks but we have options. I’ve never had the RBA leak but like you I can’t get a hit above 30watts without a dry hit. Take the RBA cap of and open up the juice slots some more. Round file, some fancy drill work maybe. Until the juice hole get opened more you won’t get a decent vape from it.

I’ve been putting off this project long enough. I will try to open up my juice slots tomorrow and take some pics. If it works out I will fix you up one too.

1 Like

I wound up never using it. I still have a couple around here somewhere but I never could get a decent build on it without it either leaking or dry burning. It’s been awhile…maybe have to try again at some point. But, I’m pretty happy with the coils. That’s one of the things I like about the crown. For me, it’s nice to be able to just stick a coil in and go.

2 Likes

And to answer your original question I think I’ve heard of people putting a 3mm clapton coil in there. Seems impossible to me. I have only ever used the coils that came with the RBA and they suck shit.

1 Like

This is what I’ve seen as far as opening the juice slots. I bet you get a better vape from that

Builds

1 Like

Builds

2 Likes

i think you are both right its just shit and these days the coils are cheap and i have so many things in rotation they last forever but ty for the replies and @JoJo if you dont mind could you close this thread thank you @TheTinMan1 ill try to mess with the drill and let you know but back to stock coils lol

1 Like

ya ive read and watched all i could find i was hoping for a miracle answer lmao

1 Like

I found that image of the open juice slots on google but @quitter1 posted the pic here a long time ago. @Pro_Vapes has a good build thread here

Crown Subtank Rebuild Deck Picture Tutorial

2 Likes

my last build simple but works on everything lol just not the crown

2 Likes

I miss my crown man. Well it’s sitting right on my desk but I miss vaping on it. That tank has flavor for days.

3 Likes

ya that and the clieto will forever be in my rotation

1 Like

im going to be testing some RFSC flaves and want to use a subohm tank to switch things up and those two will be used for sure , i need to test these flaves b4 i commit to anymore , since its been so hit and miss for me but the ones that are good are homeruns @TheTinMan1

1 Like

What is the ID on that coil? @Pro_Vapes has a 3mm horizontal build on that thread. I think the fact I’ve only used the coils that came with it and those tight juice slots is my problem.

1 Like

I was never able to build anything on the Crown RTA that would equal the manufacturers coil. Since I don’t buy vendor coils I had to retire my Crowns. If they had a Ti option it might have lasted longer. At the time it was the best I ever tried. They were groundbreaking with use of SS coils.

2 Likes

2.5 i cant imagine much more

1 Like

i cant give it up the rba can go but not my crown lol

2 Likes

im glad you chimed in bc i was getting ready to pm you but you answered my question

2 Likes

I opened up the juice slots on mine and it helps but the coil size needed to get a decent warm vape blocks what little airflow it has. I just started to rebuild the stock coils instead. It’s a bit of a pain but they vape quality is much better.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nBE9EA8yeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpLC0naDAlk&t=2s

2 Likes