Other RY4 Type flavors?

Hello , I absolutely love Ry4 double. I want to get into experiementing with tobacco flavors. Are there any other tobacco flavors that have a simular flavor profile as ry4 ? Thank you

6 Likes

Robin, Hangsen RY4 is a good one to start with if you like Ry4 Double, itā€™s not a heavy or ashy tobacco, itā€™s sweet and leafy. FA Soho is pretty good too (not everyone likes it), itā€™s like a bakery/dessert tobacco, itā€™s profile is hard to explain, but it is so easy to mix with and crazy versatile as you arenā€™t restricted by nutty or grassy notes. FA Glory has a slightly nutty profile. I love RY4 Double also, and my fave will always be the HS RY4, they do taste similar, but the Hangsen is more realistic, with a really nice vanilla.

7 Likes

Might give these a read. Iā€™m with you on RY4, hard to beat.
re: Tobacco Flavors Tasting Notes (Misc)
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/favorite-tobacco-flavoring-discussion-tobacco-flavoring-discussion-only.667055

5 Likes

That thread is full of great tobacco DIY info. :+1:

Another one is the Hangsen specific thread https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-hangsen-thread.440440/
Itā€™s not tobacco specific, but thereā€™s a ton of excellent Hangsen tobacco info in it. When I first started vaping, I knew I wanted tobacco flavors, and I wanted to DIY. I found no satisfaction in the commercial B&M tobacco flavors I was trying. I knew I had to make my own. Finding that Hangsen thread was my ā€˜Paydirt!ā€™ moment, and started my DIY adventure.

There is a lot of reading in both of those threads, but it will be time well spent. Good luck, and have fun!

4 Likes

Ok Thank you. I love your recipe profiles by the way. Ill order hangsen.

1 Like

Thanks Robin, I understand completely the kind of tobacco profile you are looking for, I am the same way. I donā€™t want a dark or ashy tobacco, or even grassy or super dry. I like a lighter tobacco, one that can be versatile, and accompany many different flavors and still retain itā€™s tobacco flavor. I even have a RY4 Rice Krispies mix, simply because it works and itā€™s not an overpowering flavor. Go with the HS RY4. If you want I can send you a 10ml of it, I just got a big bottle. :yum:

2 Likes

This is a great thread. Iā€™m just starting to dip my toes into the sea of tobacco flavors and Iā€™m really enjoying some of the dessert tobaccos. Purilum Sweet Tobacco is amazing, and I really like Euro Flavors Tobacco Vanilla Custard and EF Tobacco Nutty. Iā€™m definitely gonna try some Hangsen soon!

2 Likes

Does Purilum Sweet tobacco have a carmel or vanilla taste in it ?

Oooh, you are so sweet. I just placed an order @bullcity. Thanks for the offer my dear.

Its maybe almost a little of bothā€¦? But what I taste most is a sweet honey graham flavor. Its really really nice.

1 Like

And boom, you just helped me make up my mind on the Purilum Sweet Tobacco, I almost got it last time, I knew I should have.

3 Likes

Sooo yummy!!

2 Likes

I like the Vanilla Tobaccos very much.

If you are into nutty Tobaccos, look for Pistachio RY4 by Charlie Noble. Damn fine mix.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in for some RY4 advice as wellā€¦ Currently I have TFA RY4 Double but I find itā€™s just a touch too sweet for my palette.

Does anyone know where there are good flavor notes on the different brands of RY4? Almost every brand has at least one version and I donā€™t have the budget or time to test them all, nor is every brand available for purchase to me.

I understand that RY4 is more of a tobacco / caramel / vanilla type of flavor and all will be slightly sweeter than regular tobacco, Iā€™m just looking for that hint of sweetness and not a big stamp of it if you get what I mean.

@Josephine_van_Rijn, I know you like your tobaccos too, maybe you have a link to a good summary of whatā€™s out there? :slight_smile:

EDIT: oh fudgeā€¦ crappy internet connection :frowning: the page reloaded after I posted. I see a good few links with notes have loaded up now

2 Likes

Hangsen RY1 may be more to your liking. From the Bull City description:

One of the most popular and original flavors, the least sweet in the RY range. (the range is from 1 to 4 with 4 being the most sweet).

Itā€™s my favorite of the RY family. If you feel it needs a hint more sweetness, just add a bit of your own.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll see if I get my hands on some hangsen flavors, Iā€™m hearing pretty decent comments about a lot of them.

What I was wondering as well, is there any use for Bitter Wizard (FA) when RY4ā€™s are getting a bit on the nauseatingly sweet side? Not sure if itā€™s worth the investment or just another ā€œflavorā€ thatā€™ll sit unused on a shelve.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never tried Bitter Wizard, so Iā€™m totally clueless as to what it does, or when itā€™s called for in a mix. From your comment, it sounds like it may be something that calms down certain high notes in a mix, but Iā€™m just guessing.

As far as Hangsen goes. Iā€™m a big fanboy. At least as far as tobaccos go. Have been since I started DIY. I only vape tobaccos. I know what you mean about the unused flavors. I may get a few booooā€™s but I just dumped a bottle of Hangsen RY4, and a bottle of TFA RY4 Asian. I just couldnā€™t find an application where they added anything positive to a mix, and they turned into shelf queens. Iā€™m just not crazy about RY4 or RY4 Double. Thatā€™s just me though.

2 Likes

From what I read, it should add bitter notes to a juice that counters the sweetness. So if you have some juices that are just too sweet to vape, it should make them vapable again.
Again, thatā€™s just what I read, I have no actual experience with it but since so many flavors are naturally very sweet, I guess I could see a purpose for it if it really does what it says on the description :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just read some comments about BW. Most were positive, with one saying it worked well, one day after, but after 6 days, all the flavors seemed muted. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be trying it, but it may have a place at times.

Does anyone here have any notes on RY4 Double (Jungle Flavors) and Holy Holy Grail RY4 - DIY Flavor Shack? The flavor pages donā€™t offer much insight.