Ozo Stevia Stone

@Plunderdrum
I have a bottle of that (post #26 ?) Pyure 0.9oz from Amazon, works fine.

@SessionDrummer @anon44944642 @obijuan @Plunderdrum
Neither my Stevita nor my ZeroCal lists Reb-A in the ‘ingredients’, but like
the Pyure powder, they both say that they extract the sweetest part(s)
of the ‘plant’. They work fine for me, so I continue with them as [tried and trusted].
I vape (it) every day, don’t see any difference if my stevia stone is new or old, my
e-juice is S-N-V or a year old, it performs as desired. Doesn’t matter if I use
cotton or rayon tampons, and I go for weeks without changing them [in a daily
rotation of seven mods/attys], nor do I feel a need to change my SS coils for
long periods of time…single or dual coils.
As I am well set in my stubbornness [maybe just complacent…or lazy], I use
equipment I have had and like, and could not even begin to tell you what ‘newer’
stuff is on the market these days [I still have boxes of things I haven’t even opened, much less tried, from a couple of years ago]. I basically wrap one coil, and it works
for single or dual in my attys.
(red Kanger squonk is my travel vape, going to the store, mowing grass, etc.)

10/22/22 For 2-3yrs now I use Vandy Vape Pulse X mods --5 or 6 + on my desk
at any given time. Recurve v1, Recurve v2, and Asmodus Nefarius on top.

7 Likes

perfect, just what I wanted to hear!

For the Pyure powder, do you use the same amount?

1 teaspoon in 30ml VG?

I was thinking less, since its so concentrated?

3 Likes

@obijuan
I use the same % , just to keep it simple. Sometimes I use more,
meaning I may have a heaping measurement instead of leveled off.
I almost always use the stevia stone at 0.50%, so any difference in
my measuring to make the stone is never really noticed in the juice,
as far as my palate goes.

3 Likes

excellent. Thank you. I will try like this tonight.

1 Like

Holy ball sacks… Im not even considering this a Rabbit Hole anymore… We are WELL beyond that.

4 Likes

I’m glad you made the trip here @D.Sims, as @ozo has knowledge beyond many here, and any time you see a respected mixer saying …

And then stating …

He not only KNOWS what he is talking about, but is also HONEST about it.

Ozo may or may not take credit, as he seldom does, but he’s a very smart mixer, and we can ALL learn alot from him. This thread may have been started 05-18, but it is no LESS relevant now, in 2022 then it was then.

6 Likes

Absolutely @SessionDrummer!! I can only hope to learn half of what ppl like @ozo has forgotten!! Thanks for the link- and my/our learning continues from cats like this. Thank you both!! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

I know that he doesn’t post as much here as he used to, but he’s still lurking around.

Ozo = Wizard IMO.

You’re welcome @D.Sims. All Ozo, I just linked you. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, jus’ 4+ yrs to reply…guess you know by now.
For the folks that come along now :
Like the citric acid in lime juice, bringing tartness to pop fruits,
the ACV is (similar) with a slight acidity, but more ph balanced, if that makes sense.
The two work well together. [and not limited to fruits only]
Not the same but similar to using these two (lime/lemon - acv) in food recipes,
it has a quiet way of blending flavor(s). And … kinda sort of like the de-glazing
of crispy food bits stuck on the pan bottom, using wine, enhancing the flavors,
as opposed to using water to de-glaze [water will free the stuck-on bits, but wine,
or white vinegar, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, even tamari/soy sauce
enhance the ‘concentrated’ food bits much better].
The term “pop” is used frequently in our e-mixing world, freeing the food bits
is very similar, or vice-versa, as food recipes not only came prior to e-liquid, but
e-liquid flavors were basically born from food flavoring, if you will.
Best tip I have, for/when creating new flavor concoctions, treat it similar to cooking.
Many [experts] say we “eat with our eyes” , partially true, but if it tastes like catturds
that dog ain’t gonna hunt.
Whilst on my engineering journey thru many parts of the world, I found myself with
weeks of time between my services, waiting on contractors to remedy/repair their mistakes,
which was the reason I was called in, or for them to build new/better so the job could continue.
I could go home for a while, or on several occasions (my best memories) were in Greece, Italy,
England, and MIAMI FL [awesome] , where I enrolled in culinary schools. Yes, they firmly teach
the importance of ‘plating’ the food , but back to the [catturds] , the taste buds always win.
Although taste is subjective ( as we have all heard that argument ) , there is also a bonding
continuity underlying. For example, how many folks love mcdonalds fries, or smoked pork butts,
coffee, donuts, cheeseburgers ??? Ya, how about a fresh caught flounder, hand filleted,
stuffed with fresh caught blue crab with the sweet meat picked from the body [not the claws],
add real butter and a little spice, rolled in foil, and baked in your favorite vessel ?
Some day, if you have time (and any interest) , a crazy story of my flounder recipe [Don
Alfonso school Mediterranian sea smoked scamorza cheese Amalfi coast wine involved?]
Pure stevia powder, good lime juice, good apple cider vinegar that contains ‘the Mother’,
stirred with magnetics, can’t go wrong. I even use it in baking pasties.
One last note : shaking your bottles as they cure/meld/blend/age etc.
Vortex mixer ------- example
ONiLAB Mini Vortex Mixer with Touch Function, Lab Mixing, Nail Polish,Eyelash Adhesives and Acrylic Paints Mixing, Lab Vortexer with Aluminum Casting Base for Centrifuge and Test Tubes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

8 Likes

Outstanding details @Ozo.

5 Likes

This is the one I bought awhile back from ebay and it has Reb A in it. There are 4 bottles left from this seller.

@SessionDrummer
Crap, I just now saw the “Consume within 30 days of opening” on the back of the bottle, and I have barely used any.

6 Likes

Link to Stevia Stone does not open.

4 Likes

Take a ride to Walmart. A little over 60ml bottle of the liquid Pyure for $5.00.

5 Likes

I already have the bottle with the Reb A in it. I am just now reading the rest of the post and it looks like I don’t have to abide by the “consume within 30 days” suggestion, whew.

5 Likes

Some people reduce the Pyure to 10%. It makes it easier to work with.

6 Likes

And if I mix it with PG, then I don’t have to worry about refrigerated storage conditions, right?;

5 Likes

Never needed refrigeration. It sits on a grocery store shelf for months.
It’s been sitting on my desk for years. Nothing has grown in it.

8 Likes

No worries … keep it in the fridge [before and/or] after opening it … you will not know the difference.
lawyers fda always afraid someone will take their money that they stole.
This (version) has alcohol in it, a natural preservative. I have herbal tinctures that I made years ago, not refrigerated, and they are more potent now than then, made with vodka.
And … the version with citric acid and acv in it … double layer of preservative !!!

8 Likes

Even MORE great points @ozo, so you not only get added “Pop” with the ACV and CA, but also preservation. Nice.

5 Likes

Perfect, I just keep it in a drawer with my other sweeteners, but will go place it in the fridge if you recommend that over a drawer.

4 Likes