Pg to vg ratio help

I’m doing a 70/30 pg/vg blend right now. I use a joyetech aio with a cubis .5ohm atomizer. My question is, what ration would help the atomizer last longer. I assumed that the higher pg percentage would help it last longer but I would love to hear other opinions.

1 Like

Are you experiencing problems with leaking or dry hits with the ratio you’re using?

If you’re getting dry hits, you should increase your PG a little, if your tank starts leaking, you should increase your VG a bit.

But neither PG or VG will damage your coil. It’s the flavors that will gunk up your coil. If your liquid is too thick (too high in VG), won’t wick fast enough and cause dry hits, your cotton will burn and that will decrease the life of your coil.

But if you don’t have any issues at the moment, there’s no reason to change the ratio for the purpose of increasing your coil life.

3 Likes

My sister has an Ego AIO, I make juice for her with a PG/VG ratio of 50/50. It can handle it fine, so if you want some bigger clouds you could up your VG with no problems whatsoever.
As @Jake31 says, it doesn’t affect your coil life and if you like your liquid the way it is then don’t change it.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick reply’s. I’m not having any specific problems. I do get dry hits sometimes, but I just learned on a site that it’s because the recommended nicotine mg is 6 with the aio and I was doing 18mg, so I’m trying the lower mg to see what happens. MY only issue is that I go through atomizers quickly and wanted to know if it was the pg/vg ratio.

There’s a difference between harshness from nicotine and dry hits. Dry hits means you’re burning your cotton and you’re inhaling smoke instead of vapor.

1 Like

Make sure you put some liquid in your coil when you put a new one in and let it sit for a bit before you vape so it is completely saturated.

it’s not the pg/vg ratio for real… but the sweeteners and rest containts of eliquids have inside…

sweeteners, flavours etc when vaporizing etc… leave garbage on the coil and wick… and thats completely natural happening… in my experience this type of joytech atomizers don’t have a really long life for real…
though the AIO devices are great cheap choices for newbies that want to start vaping…

if you want my honest opinion move to another device, in case you don’t want to do this or whatever, you can try using eliquids with less sweeteners etc…