Photography and how not to do it

I realized today that I have an actual camera, and not just my phone, so i whipped it out, recharged the battery and decided to give it a go :slight_smile:

Here is what came out

Any other amateur-ish photographers around? :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I want to be but I can’t bring myself to spend money on a halfway decent camera. I do have a GE but its old and crappy.

Anywho, Nice pics. Hope to see some more.

6 Likes

I just need to dust off my old light tent, set up some decent lights and start shooting :slight_smile:

I’ve had this camera for a while and completely forgot that it exists until my sister in law asked to borrow it last week. Now the the genie is out of the bottle again I can’t stop myself :smiley:

7 Likes

Taken with my old Galaxy S5…

13 Likes

My first photo with a light box. Looks like I should have used a white background. Also, I used my Logitech HD1080p webcam for the pic. The drip tip looks weird. Anyway, I could use a tip or two.

9 Likes

What kind of camera?

3 Likes

Nikon D7000 with 60mm Nikkor macro lens

8 Likes

I do own a couple but I mostly take pictures with my phone. The reason is that if I start using my actual good cameras, and my whole other equipment, I’d remember how much I loved doing that.

On top I would grab my graphic tablets from the boxes and re install all my programs, and drown in the million external hard drives with I don’t know how much terabytes of old projects and port folios. Just to hate my life and ask myself why I ever stopped a job I loved doing.

I do still keep lights and such around for reviews, but most of the time I just keep it simple and my phone is also not the newest lol.

6 Likes

Love the Haku on the Pulse X, just found out yesterday how super easy the Pulse X is to clean it, wish the rest of them where that simple !!
How do you like the Haku Phenom ?

2 Likes

Some really gorgeous pics here for sure. I’m always blown away with what a phone camera can do. I use a D 800 but I really don’t spend enough time with it. Funny, when I was in college and had a lot less time I did a lot more with photography.

4 Likes

I love the Haku. Great flavor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is four photos combined to get extended depth of field.

Ok, so what if the coil is a little wonky, lol.

12 Likes

Wonky are good! :+1:

4 Likes

Came out great! The multiple depths of the Ogre hair you got all over the atty really stand out! :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Lol, I think that’s Bleau hair. He’s a Norwegian Forest Cat. Sheds like crazy. Likes to help me work on vape stuff.

4 Likes

What did i miss? Wicking with hair now?

Here is a vapers still life from yesterday, the big cleaning…

7 Likes

Funny how you looked so forward to each and every one of those things, to now see them all huddled together and nervous now.

3 Likes

A few shots from an iPhone 8 Plus. It does surprisingly well, still not quite what a camera can do but close!

6 Likes

Playing around with ‘product’ photography

Nikon D7000, 50mm fixed lens, small light tent and a little post processing in Gimp

9 Likes

Playing around some more

5 Likes