Picture Game - What is it?

4 Likes

is it a cig roller? lol

2 Likes

Nope

And I’m not giving any more clues except for this one…

If I show much more of it, I’ll be showing most of it

2 Likes

Cheese slicer ??? I got nothing…

1 Like

That’s thinking “outside the box” , but no.

Calling on some vets. Well, ones who were enlisted a good while back.

@Steve-o_54
@RusUSA
@Alisa
@Rob62
@Skullblade789

Not sure who was in when these were in use. Someone will see it and think “what? that’s easy! It’s a…”

3 Likes

This is fun. Reminds me of this one -

https://youtu.be/xtsbUJQLvso

3 Likes

Can opener

4 Likes

The Army has a nomenclature for everything. This was called a P-38. You started off with one when you first went on field maneuvers. Learned real quick not to carry it in your pocket (i still have the scar from my first stab wound :slight_smile: ).

3 Likes

That would me my guess too little shitty thing with the fold out can cutter.

Looks like I was a minute late :grinning:

3 Likes

Old Skool ???

4 Likes

Ahhhh crap dammit. I didn’t refresh the damned thread b4 posting…

4 Likes

Yeah when @MisterSinner said something about being on a dog tag I realized what he was talking about and thought “oh a p38” I carried one in my wallet (cause I travel a lot (at least until this year)) but about 2 years ago some stupid tsa agent thought it was too dangerous to be on a airplane… the idiot. And my Army surplus store here in town closed (I don’t want to get one of those cheap “tinny” ones).

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem all that long ago to me. At the time (80s) they were phasing out c-rations and bring in MREs, although I never had the “pleasure” of eating any MREs. Hell they’ve wimpified the military now till I wouldn’t be surprised if field rations weren’t actually 4 course meals served by a wait staff.

3 Likes

@SthrnMixer

5 Likes

Oh the memories of chocolate so hard and old it was white, the luncheon meat that looked smelt and tasted like dog food, biscuits cereal that you had to soak over night so you still had teeth, bacon and eggs in a can that was anything but bacon or eggs. :laughing:

5 Likes

When I was a kid in the late 60’s until 1970 my father was stationed in Panama, one of the other kids parents were with the people that were testing things for jungle use… he would get cases of mre’s and c rations. Loved eating the dehydrated strawberries without re-constituting them lol.

4 Likes

1 Like

We had luxury ours had a spoon

7 Likes

Damn Aussies… lol

5 Likes

ummmmm… yummy MREs

3 Likes