Please help me with the flavor list search bar

zup fellow mixology students.

i guess we all do the same when looking for some good concentrates we didn’t use yet.
say i want a lychee, i type it in the flavor list search bar, then sort it for most used in recipes. bingo, there i go with CAP sweet lychee.

BUT i want a list with f*&%ing COLA flavors only. nearly all resluts (typo intentionally) are chocolate.
how do i fix this? it’s not working like a google search for [“cola” -chocolate -pina]…
uknowimsayin???

many thanks in advance for any advice.

2 Likes

You are correct. It won’t run like a google search. But you can search google for it.

1 Like

how exactly?

1 Like

Not answering your search question, but the flavour art cola is pretty good.

3 Likes

type this as a google search string:
site:e-liquid-recipes.com cola

3 Likes

I just searched for coke.
Got cocacola type recipes if thats any help.

1 Like

The result will not be what I was looking for…I wanted a flavor list with all the most used cola at the top…

1 Like

I’m not looking for recipes.

1 Like

That’s what I’m looking for but with cola instead of guava

2 Likes

Sorry, I misunderstood.
You could try using the brand names also eg: cola flavour art, cola inawera.
It still brings up the chocolate flavours in the list tho.
But then you would have to know the brands.

Hopefully someone with more experience than me will see this post… sorry i could not help more.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I had to chew everything for you … I just passed on a technique and not a literal search string.
Try this: https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-b-ab&ei=_-NiW9d4yczBAvmJurAC&q=flavor+site%3Ae-liquid-recipes.com+cola&oq=flavor+site%3Ae-liquid-recipes.com+cola&gs_l=psy-ab.3...46648.48075.0.48628.7.7.0.0.0.0.52.336.7.7.0…0…1c.1.64.psy-ab…0.0.0…0.O37HXVmLfdk

If you play a little bit with the words in your search, you can really fine-tune the results just like you want them.

1 Like

Did you try adding soda to the search?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, as you can see, due to system limitations you will not get the result you are looking for.

It has been a topic of discussion but no date for implementation. So at this point the advice about how to run a google search above is your best bet if you don’t want to…search by cola and then sort by most used or highest rated and scope through the results. Besides…you probably shouldn’t have to go beyond 2-3 pages. You could find what you need in the time it took for me type this reply.

3 Likes

I have to admit that it’s very appealing to choose flavors that way, but I can tell from experience that it’s not the best way to select your flavors.
If you follow the link I gave, you’ll see a list of all the known cola flavors on ELR. Clicking on the links will bring you to the flavor page where you see the flavor rating, median and average uses as well as flavor notes, individual ratings and all the public recipes the flavor is used in.
By far the most important section on that page is the flavor notes. If there are no notes for a specific flavor, you can search the forum or other places on the internet to find out what people think of the flavor.

CAP and TPA are probably the most commonly available flavors worldwide and will, because of that, be ranked among the top used flavors. This doesn’t mean that those are the best flavors. You should be after the flavors that best fit your expectations of a flavor and the best way to go about it is do some research and read flavor notes.

But hey, that’s just my opinion. If you want to figure out which flavor is used in the most recipes, you can always open the flavor pages, click on recipes and it’ll list the number of recipes a flavor is used in.

3 Likes

thank you for your support. it was quite helpful. you’re right by saying that tpa and cap are global actors and therefore are used accordingly often. that doesnt mean their flavors are the best. for example strawberry: i swear inw shisha strawberry is the best strawberry ive ever used…

1 Like