Poor flavor using Alien Kanthal - iJoy Limitless Plus

Thats ok, if you want confusing, try claptoning a clapton with a clapton? :exploding_head:

1 Like

Wow, That almost looks like a really low gauge core wire when you can’t see the wraps on the wire.

Actually they are also not staple coils :stuck_out_tongue:

As you said staples are multiple layers of ribbon wire, but these are just a single layer of ribbon wire wrapped with 32g. I believe they are simply called Flat Claptons or Ribbon Wire Claptons, though for some reason many Chinese wire manufacturers (incorrectly) call them Aliens.

Ahh, my bad. I could have sworn that the ones I got were the same as these. They had 2 pieces of flat wire though. Must have been a different brand. It was a long time ago.

Around 40 Watts is way too low for those big wires. I tend to stay around 58-65 and the larger fused Clapton wire took too long to heat up, and the flavor was meh. Check these wires out, I have been using them for quite a while, its a Triple Core Clapton, wrapped in a 40g wire, they are smaller but produce the same flavor of bigger exotic coils and ramp up with lower wattage nice and quick. They are 32×3/40g and my favorite coils to date. Also, they are SS, its just my preference over kanthal. They would be perfect for your wattage range, with no sacrifice to flavor.

1 Like

I was feeling lazy and bought a couple of the AVS coils instead of pulling the drill and swivels out. I got the ones you listed as well as the quad core fused claptons. I am a huge fan of high gauge fused claptons. As you said they ramp up much quicker and the surface area produces lots of tasty vapor.

Thanks for the info. Had my doubts as to whether it really was alien coil. Might be cheep Chinese crap aye

Thanks for the good pointers Silhouette. The pre-rolled kanthal claptons were the problem, as I think they used too large a gauge plus maybe the metal was poor quality.
I used some 26g x 2 twisted wrapped with some 28g SS and now I don’t get the burnt taste anymore.
Just great flavor and medium sized clouds.
Will stick with SS all the time now and order from advancedvapesupply.com as at least I know I’m getting a superior product thats guaranteed not to taste bad. Looking forward to payday so I can put in an order aye.
You’ve all been a great help and source of correct info.
Muchly grateful , cheers! :triumph:

2 Likes