Premixing PG, VG and Nic

Is there any reason that premixing my PG, VG and Nicotine for a mixing session is problematic? For example, if I premix 300ml when I sit down to mix, and make ten 30ml flavors, and just add the well mixed pg, vg and nicotine to my flavors, is that ok? I have found it is easier to just handle the liquid nicotine one time, then make my juices this way. Thoughts?

3 Likes

The only issue is the end result of nic levels. Because if one recpie has 8% flavoring compared to one at 18% the percent of nic will be different.

So don’t worry about that too much. So I comes down to if you are ok with that.

7 Likes

Yep, what @Chrispdx said. Your nicotine levels will vary just a little, but if that doesn’t matter then go for it! I just mixed up a liter of base today!

I’m planning on using it for a bunch of sf tests I’m about to make, I think it’s gonna make the whole process much easier.

3 Likes

Oh one more thought! Make sure you shake the living hell out of it. Since 300ml is quite a bit bigger than the smaller bottles you’ve been making (captain obvious, I know. Lol) it’ll take more work to get everything blended really well.

3 Likes

For testing small batches of single flavors that should be fine. But, as Chrispdx said, the higher the total flavor % of a recipe is, it could make a difference in not only the nic, but the pg/vg ratio as well.

1 Like

I’m not to worried about the varying nic levels. I hadn’t thought how that percentage would change. But, it’s not a big problem. Many of the recipes I am using have similar total flavor % , so there isn’t a lot of difference. Thank you!

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, I am mixing it a lot!!

1 Like

That makes sense. I am not a stickler about my pg/vg ratio. If it changes slightly, that’s fine!

2 Likes

You can also up the nic level say one percent in the pre mix, that would put you close to levels if mixed separately.

1 Like

Great! Thank you!