Pugsley's all too familiar 'Déjà review' of the Wismec Predator 228 Elabo kit

kinda suspicious that you said it’s an American company that designed it and it is named the predator and mimics the alien. i think there is a good chance they wanted people to bring up the “alien vs predator” so they can get some rep off being the same as the alien but better. lol

6 Likes

That’s exactly what it was man :wink:

5 Likes

Great review as always Pugs! Thanks for the write up and making me laugh.

4 Likes

Anytime brother :wink: my pleasure, and Thanks :+1:

4 Likes

the Kaos Spectrum by segelei ( not sure how to spell it ) but i just read a review that pitted the predator and kaos against the alien

2 Likes

Yeah Ive seen it, really not a fan of the disco lights though, nor am I a fan of Segelei, not through any personal experience but I have heard so many bad things about the company.

3 Likes

I’m considering getting a new mod. what would you recommend pugs? i was thinking about the wismec rx200 bc it’s cheap and i don’t use tc so don’t really need to shell out the extra dough for features i wont use, but you said wismec has bad 510 threads and thats a pretty big con considering if they give out the mod is useless. i plan to get one of those whiterose mods one day but can’t afford it right now. i am looking for something with 18650’s thats durable. usually use .4ohm coils from 65-90watts depending on the juice I’m vaping. usually around 70 watts but i made a test batch of glory and am really digging it around 90watts, but thats the first time i went that high.

2 Likes

ooft, 90w on .4 ohms is kinda high, have you tried lower ohm coils?..are you talking stock coils or do you build?
as for the mod you’re after what’s your budget dude? there’s a pretty good Gearbest sale on right now, the Battlestar is cheap as chips and although I’ve never tried one or reviewed one I’ve heard practically all good things about it, on a slightly pricier side I was very impressed with the G-Priv, the WoodyVapes X200 and the Laisimo L3 and I bet the prices on all those have dropped seeing as they were out last year, incidentally my RX200 crapped out after very little use so I don’t feel comfortable recommending that based on my own experiences.:+1:

2 Likes

ya im not sure never owned anything from them , but it a pretty popular brand , oh crap i do have a j80 i got for 20 bucks black friday lol its a mini mod my girl uses it

2 Likes

i saw that sale today when putting an opus charger in my cart to buy later… the sale on the smoant almost convinced me to just buy both right now but I am trying real hard to cut my spending for the next 3 months until my car note is finally paid off.

4 Likes

Too funny (Post must be at least 10 characters)

4 Likes

i usually vape at 65-70 watts on .4 ohm dual coils.i use the goon and 90 is high, but with the glory flavor i really get that deep nutty flavor around 80-90. …short hits though bc even full of juice i have burned it a couple times taking more than a 2s hit. i just checked out those mods. the woody vapes mod looks awesome. $75 at gearbest. i think i may have to go that route. the leisimo looks cool, but i can see myself dropping it and the touchscreen malfunctioning. the gpriv looks kinda awkward as far as shape. is it different in real life? right now i have been using the alien. like it a lot. never had any issues besides it becoming unresponsive a couple times after charging all night and had to do a hard reset, but have dropped it at least 10 times on hard surface and it’s still kickin. i just wanted to get a spare bc having only one mod is asking for trouble bc if it breaks (which surely it will sooner or later) I’ll be up shits creek

2 Likes

Yeah the G-Priv is bulky to be honest, The woody vapes is awesome too but it’s bigger than the Alien, if you like the size of the Alien then…get another Alien?..lol, or try the Predator, if it’s for a spare then either would be a good choice I think but if you don’t mind something a little bigger then go for the WoodyVapes :wink:

1 Like

Another quality review, AvP!! Haha genius! Cheers Pugs!

3 Likes

always a pleasure my man :wink:

1 Like

Great review Pugs. Your analogy is totally freakishly amazing considering “they” did set it up for ya. You sure you didn’t have a hand in that knowing you were gonna do a review,lol.

1 Like

Thanks man :wink:🖒

yeah we were talking about it yesterday, it’s a shame man.

1 Like

I of course saw that thread shortly after seeing this on youtube and posting it here

3 Likes