Quantities in Medicine Flower bottles?

Please only do a small sample first?

@bluenose63 (who kicked this thread off) - probably the UK’s first MF experimenter - has reported on UKVapers forum that there’s a noticeable drop in potency (similar to /u/abdada) after steeping in vg for just a few weeks.

These are early results from his tests so shouldn’t be considered necessarily negative against all MF extracts and could easily be due to, for instance, the dilution he’s used. But it would be such a shame - let alone an expensive one - to commit anything more than a small sample from your precious bottles.

1 Like

This one?

I cant load the site, keeps freezing Waterfox X64. abdaba is what you would call a real master mixer, he mixes from base chemicals so his knowledge is much greater than mine. BUT, i havent found that there is is a drastic flavor drop. I have six month old bottles of mixed liquid with MF flavorings that taste great.

1 Like

That’s very good to hear!

As (almost) everyone has been quantifying the amount of extract used in tests in drops rather than an empirical measure (weight/volume), maybe it’ll turn out to be the proportions of extract that affect the later potency?

I’ve always seen /u/abdada as more of a madman/genius than a master mixer but I nominate him the title alchemist! :wink:

1 Like

I dropped drops some time back. I’m strictly mixing by weight these days and with the low percentages of a 30ml test bottle where perhaps 0.2% is used, I can’t imagine doing volumetric mixing with undiluted MF flavors.

Ok, that said, there seems to be a good bit of concern being raised this past week about MF flavors losing their potency once opened. I don’t know how much truth there is to this, or if diluting them in PG is a way to extend their life. But if they do degrade that quickly, and especially considering how much they charge for this most precious nectar, that is enough for me to say goodbye to them forever. Shame too, because the flavors are just phenomenal - and I’m barely scratching the surface with them. Hopefully we’ll find that diluting them into PG is a good way to extend their potency, and I’m hopeful since @Ken_O_Where mentioned mixes that are 6 months old still being great.

2 Likes

Ill agree with all of that especially this:

ROFL!

BTW, do we know each other from reddit? I dont use the same email addy on different sites so i had to go with a different name here.

Hahaha!
You realise there are actually only four of us enthusing about the intricacies of diy flavouring and MF but using different identities on the various sites?

I’m ceedee99uk on Reddit and ceedee most other places.

2 Likes

Now wouldnt that be hilarious? hehe I do remember your name from reddit, think you answered a Mango question yesterday that i was going to but didnt feel the need after seeing MF mentioned.

Im To0nMaN, would love to be able to change my name here but i have no idea how to do so.

2 Likes

Yeah that was me. :smiling_imp:

Should have written more than a splash ‘n’ dash but I’d popped in for some other reason and was steaming through and - if I’m brutally honest - I knew it wasn’t the answer they were looking for so not worth too much effort.

There’s just too much stuff happening at the moment!

When I next spot you over there, I’ll see if my browser extension will let me tag you so future posts get highlighted. Either that or you’ll vanish in a puff of vapour like dear /u/abdada. :scream:

1 Like

Hehe. What extension? I use RES and just add friends to it as it highlights in red.

I read the site. He stated he would not be selling the MF anymore as the pure form lost its flavor in 4 months. He went on to say that a dilution to 10% in VG could keep it fresh for up to 2 years

1 Like

I’ve been forced back to Chrome after over a year happily using Firefox (due to memory issues - I use quite a few extensions) and haven’t yet got my head around the settings in RES. I’ll get there in time…

1 Like

That was exactly my interpretation of what /u/abdada wrote too.

And why I’m suggesting caution now that several MF users have reported that they’re experiencing a (different but similar) loss of potency in vg after just a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Interesting, i keep mine in the fridge and have a few bottles that are a year old. The Vanilla is still pristine tho i did remove the dropper and replaced it with a polycone cap

[quote=“BathVaper, post:171, topic:39029, full:true”]
I’ve been forced back to Chrome after over a year happily using Firefox (due to memory issues - I use quite a few extensions) and haven’t yet got my head around the settings in RES. I’ll get there in time…
[/quote].

I use quite a few extensions as well, ive been putting off checking which one is leaking so bad as Waterfox X64 will climb quickly.

1 Like

Have you tried Vivaldi?

1 Like

[quote=“Ken_O_Where, post:173, topic:39029, full:true”]
Interesting, i keep mine in the fridge and have a few bottles that are a year old. The Vanilla is still pristine tho i did remove the dropper and replaced it with a polycone cap

very happy to hear This ken as I have started ordering MF and am quite exited at what has been reported here

1 Like

I would consider myself a bit of a fanboy as they are incredibly real, obviously, hehe. I hope you enjoy them as much as i do.

1 Like

I’ve not but have bookmarked your link to investigate it properly when I get a moment.
Thanks!

I use quite a few extensions as well, ive been putting off checking which one is leaking so bad as Waterfox X64 will climb quickly.
[/quote]

I work browsers very hard, with at least two windows open and over a dozen tabs active for hours and hours on end. Plus a couple of small apps and quite a few things running in the background.
All on a tiny little pc no bigger than a book on your coffee table!

I need to think about returning to a larger computer again with a proper processor and a bucket-load of memory or figure out how to push some of the load onto my similarly-puny server…

1 Like

Same here for me Mon-Fri every week. I use Chrome for running Google Maps, National Weather/Road information. The Drudge Report and Gmail. I use Opera for my work tools which typically is anywhere from 8-10 tabs. And I use Vivaldi for my Vape Browsing/ELR etc. Each is on it’s own monitor with Outlook on the 4th. Usually have iTunes running too along with assorted torrents going on uTorrent. Yes, get a PC and at I think a good SSD is a must!

1 Like

Easy…
Click your icon in the upper-right corner. Click the Preferences icon (gear). Near the top of the preferences page is your username and a little edit pencil. Click the pencil and change nick.

1 Like