Question about Cheesecake

i tried the lorann at 5pct waaaay to strong i get a chemical taste :frowning:

1 Like

Just to clarify you find cheesecake la strong at 3.5%?

1 Like

Hmmmm. I only have one yogurt so Iā€™m not sure. I think @Z_Hobbit may be right with the light and creamy creamy aspect.

1 Like

well at first it was overpowering slightly at 3.7% but I actually liked it as time went on, I dropped it by .2%. you can taste that more than anything else but it settled after a couple of weeks. Itā€™s a very nice flavour, Iā€™m a fan :+1:

1 Like

Grrrrr. Lol. Hopefull cheesecake la will work for me. I added to my mixes last night in hopes to get it work. Still surprise 3% was flat. Maybe I got a bad batch from my vender.

May need to whip up a single flavor recpie when I get homeā€¦should 5% single flavor do it?

1 Like

my sources say 2-15% for Cheesecake (LA) for Single Flavor so it must be sort of weak, Iā€™d try 8%.

I guess it depends what you are trying to achieve, this recipe is the first time I have used it and this is the third rendition, I am mixing it with LA cream cheese icing for the base flavour and like has been said to me in the past the 2 work really well together, I think it has a very distinct flavour, one I havenā€™t tasted in any other cheesecake base and at first I wasnā€™t sure but now I absolutely love it, I have a lot going on in my recipe so I canā€™t really put any more in it and I donā€™t think it needs any more. for me personally the 2 together at these percentages tastes about right.

1 Like

i have a handful of cheesecake flavors

tpa cheescake
tpa cheesecake w/ graham crust
FW cheesecake
LO cheesecake
LO cream cheese icing ( technically not but it is cream cheese )
Cap Ny cheese cake

and maybe a couple more , after mixing LO cheesecake and cream cheese icing i get a chemical taste that is hard to explain , with that being said i want to single flavor test all of these at the recommended pct in ELR notes , Question How long should i steep these , i usually only single flave test things like cinnamon roll or fruits and cookies like cap sugar cookie ive never really tested custards or cream which i put cheese mcake flaves in that category Any suggestion would be great im thinking of going 1 month testing at the end of each week ??? is that adequate

This on for me is hard for me to figure out. I seem to get a weird vibe from it myself.

1 Like

that is what sparked my interest in doing these tests 1 ) to see which LO flave is putting ofd that taste and 2) ive never used the TPA cheesecake or the FW cheesecake ā€¦ How long would you steep the single flave tests of listed flavors ???

1 Like

If I had a successful Cheesecake recipe Iā€™d offer advice, but tbh I donā€™t have a clue.

1 Like

Grrrrr. That makes me sad and frowny facedā€¦wait a minute. Drunk. Lol.

Anywho. I free dropped 6 more drops of cheesecake la to my base (6 mls left in the test)ā€¦it kinda helped. I did 8ā€™ish to my 'mcā€™blue fruity cheesecake testerā€¦same thingā€¦kinda helped.

Iā€™m remixing tomorrow with 6% instead of 3%.

2 Likes

I use LAā€™s NY Style Cheesecake from their Fountain Line I like it much better than their regular cheesecake. I get it at https://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=275&search=NY+style+cheesecake itā€™s more of a bitter cheesecake in the sense it has a bite to it this may be what your in search of. I really like to add their CCI around 2% Iā€™ve never considered a yogurt but sounds interesting I wouldnā€™t put one with this cheesecake as it already has the deep rich notes that almost seem sour to the nose but comes out really great in a mix !

1 Like

If you like to make Bases ( I do love to do this as it allows me to use more flavors overall :wink: ) Tex has a really great cheesecake but it takes a good 20-30 days to steep no joke but itā€™s great ! http://tjek.nu/r/5B2B

2 Likes

so the cheescake from BCV is a different flave ??? you know i think you mentioned that before another account to open lol

1 Like

Singles or mixes recommend: 3 weeks natural steep for the creams/cheese/vanillas etc. Any custards 4 weeks minā€¦ Can adjust downward after initial taste.

Been mixing some LA Cheesecake and LA Cream Cheese icing, but still have yet to get a good cheesecake recipe. I have PUR New York Cheesecake in my cart, as I have heard good things.

Has anyone played with Flavorah Cheesecake? I have not heard much on this one.

Any other cheesecakes that people have had luck with? I know it has been a dead end for a lot of people, but I was wondering what people were using these days.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about FLV Cheesecake too. Also, Hangsen Cheesecake. Thereā€™s no info in the notes.

2 Likes

the dreaded cheesecake lmao ive tried a lot with a ton of different ratios and still havent found a perfect one , i do prefer the Cap as the top note of the cheese cake base , keep in mind there are so many different styles of cheese cake so a lot of different interpretations , i need to remix the two Lorann flaves one of the two i didnt care for , i want to say it was the cream cheese icing

3 Likes

herrm maybe some Vanilla Swirl. This is super recipeā€¦