Reaching out to the community

That is an option, DIY is free choice, but IMO not the most important thing of flavor testing.
My 25ml 0 nic flavor tests stay good for months or even years without degrading nic, something I can alway come back to, even mix a few drops together to see how flavors work together.

4 Likes

Ok, this is what i’m doing:
First I tried 100% PG, this had a very slight medical taste but almost no taste.
Then I tried 100% VG, it had a hint of sweetness to it and even slightly nutty flavor, but again almost no taste
Now I mixed up 6 bottles 10 ml vg/pg 70/30.
n°1: 3% TPA watermelon: SNV in NRG tank, subtle taste of a green watermelon, not harsh in the throat, no sweetness

n°2: 3% TPA Raspberry Sweet: SNV in NRG tank, sweet tasting with a fruit flavor but not really like raspberries, although when my daughter walked in the room she said it smelled like raspberries

n°3: 3% TPA Pear: SNV in NRG tank: fairly strong flavor, real pear like and sweet (every time I write sweet, I mean like sugar)

n°4: 1% TPA Koolada: SNV in NRG tank: slightly “cool/chilled” feeling but no taste, some peaple say 1 drop in 10 ml is already strong but I find thats not the case

n°5: 1% TPA Black Cherry: SNV in NRG tank: very sweet, strong candy like cherry but not too candy, even at only 1 % this has a strong taste

n°6: 1% TPA Key Lime: SNV in NRG tank: weak although good lime taste, reminds me of some kind of lemonade

These are the ones I’m testing and although they haven’t steeped yet, I have the feeling that I already learned something. No nicotine was used and the way things are going no nicotine will be used again. The throathit I get when I do a MTL vape with the airflow closed, reminds me of my stinkies and therefore I decided to abandon nicotine all the way. If this turns into more cigaret craving in the comming days, I can always add nicotine. Now every few days I’m going to test them again to see what the steeping does.

6 Likes

When I’m messing around I’ll mix in about 10ml of water and taste it. Eg. add one drop of this, taste it , add a drop of that and taste again. Keep building until its nice and remember the ratios that were used. This doesn’t work well with creams, for me they’re all bitter and nasty in water. Doesn’t translate to vape perfectly but its quick and sometimes it works out well.

If you can make something fthat you think is good from my modest flavor stash http://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/70903 I’ll try it, I have lots of opinion and much less skill. :smile:

3 Likes

Another method would be plain VG. Get couple drops on your hand and drip flavors on it, nix it with your finger, wait a minute or two, lick it.

Just like your water it doesn’t show real results since its not vaporized but will get you at least started with the flavor profile nuances they were aiming for. Using VG or others use cool whip does mimick the result of the flavors pretty good for higher VG juices.

That’s one way I do it sometimes if I’m super excited about a flavor and want to try it in my office at work, I’m not carrying my whole home mixing station with me in my purse lol. Or I would mix some VG with flavor and run it an hr or two through my UC just to get a feel for the flavor or percentage before I actually go home and start single flavor testing.

2 Likes

That practice has consequences! I have made more funny faces and weird screaming sounds doing this! But does indeed yield results!

4 Likes

This Is a Great Thread! So much good advice and methods!! I like this place!!

@CosmicTruth you mentioned PD in a reply to me earlier and I was wondering what you meant, and here you are referring to it again. I’m sorry if its to personal and I shouldn’t ask but i am curious as to what PD is.
Also, I can’t imagine doing DIY with no sense of smell! Truly sorry to hear that my friend. My shot out taste buds are bad enough and hope they will come around to being normal one day. I hope that your sense of smell will return one day as well. Be well!

4 Likes

PD - Parkinson’s Disease – IIRC.

4 Likes

Yep PD=Parkinson’s disease.

My neurologist asked how my sense of taste and smell was, I replied “fine”. A test she suggested was to go home and smell things that I remembered as being pungent, onions, banana, pickles, I had never noticed till I did that test how much my senses had diminished.

I had a problem doing math and I was a surveyor, I found extreme difficulty understanding forms, that started about 15 years ago, about the same time i developed minor tremors, and difficulty with motor skills.

I’m retired now, fixed income sux, but I have plenty of time to DIY :smile:

5 Likes

Dang, hate to hear that. Will keep you in my Prayers! I appreciate all your help so far! Stay tuned, i’m learning so i should have many more silly questions! :grin:

7 Likes