Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

Update: i must wait till Monday for my first RF order. Apparently the postman never actually tried to deliver my parcel – had they done so, it would be waiting for me at the nearby post office today. Instead it’s sitting somewhere until Monday morning. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Two more days…gaaah :grimacing: :relaxed: lol

3 Likes

Grrrrr I am rubbish at waiting…but you’re nearly there!!! :+1:

2 Likes

Some new icons are coming to the site. I want you to be able to tell if a flavor has Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl or Acetoin quickly and easily. While this is not super important to some people, we feel it is still needed. We always post the test results as we get them but as we grow (now 208 public flavors) we can’t always update the site. SOOOOO… We will incorporate the average test results as an icon on the product page.

Here is how they look.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Almost makes me wish you had one for “Butyric Acid Free” for those that are sensitive to the whole “vomit” aspect of the v2’s and DX lines…

I personally don’t get that from them thankfully, but I know there are those who would appreciate it, since you’re in process of once again raising the bar in customer awareness/service! =)

PS: looking very nice Walt! Keep it up!

4 Likes

My first RF order is here! :love_letter: :heart: All super concentrates, i.e. the extracts: Caramel, Condensed Milk, French Toast, Fried Chicken and Oatmeal Cookie.

OK so now i need some advice please. How should i let these breathe? With the caps off altogether, or with the ‘yorker’ cap on but open?

i would also appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on how long to let these ‘breathe’ before i start mixing, thanks. :slight_smile: i don’t get an ‘alcohol’ smell from any of them, for what it’s worth. So hmm. Maybe they don’t need breathing? i said a bit more about the smell at the bottom of this post.

Thoughts so far: very nicely packaged! The flavourings all came in a small box with Real Flavors printing and tape on the back, and were secured inside a quite sturdy bubble-wrap bag.

i will say i’m not keen on these green Yorker caps so far…what i mean is, the hole in them is tiny. Which presumably means much smaller drops? It’s much smaller than a standard dripper bottle’s hole. i took a photo so you can see the difference side by side:

See the width difference? It’s noticeable. :open_mouth:

Reason i bring this up – this may sound stupid (and perhaps it is, lol) – i like to DIY by drops, rather than mL’s. i know it’s different when you have a favourite or very simple recipe and intend to make a giant bottle on the spot. But this is a new adventure for me, so i’m talking about making, like…5 mL test batches, haha. :stuck_out_tongue: Even then, i tend to prefer going with drops. It’s good exercise in concentration, i find. Gotta keep the mind sharp. :wink: So…yeah, i really don’t think i can use these green Yorker caps to drip with. :thinking:

Are there any ‘normal’ dripper nozzles that will fit the 1 oz RF bottles?

What else? :thinking: Kudos on the inner safety seals under the caps, Walt! :kissing_heart: :bride_with_veil:

Though the two newer (??) bottles – Caramel and Fried Chicken – had no inner safety seals? i feel like they’re worth continuing to include. That said, one of the inner seals was loose and another had leaked enough that it was covered in liquid. They’re good seals, and i love the pull-tab. They just need to be stuck on a bit more firmly. :slight_smile: i hope you won’t be cross with me for these suggestions (hugs) but – and i think this is a really good idea – i’d like to see you adding external plastic shrink tamper-proofing seals to your bottles too (see example below).

These things raise costs and prices a bit, but save everyone a lot of trouble in the long run. :slight_smile:

i think that’s all for now. Looking forward to your replies as i’m eager to get mixing! :smiley: One last thing. At first sniff, i found the smell of these…strange and strong. Started thinking “what have i gotten myself into” haha. :joy: But i just gave them another sniff and they smell more “normal” already. :relaxed: So i think diluted appropriately in e-liquid, they will be really yummy. To which i say yay! :hugging:

Thank you @Walt_RealFlavors and everyone. :revolving_hearts:

P.S. Sorry for editing this post 4 times :joy: All done now! :heart:

5 Likes

Does this mean there will be changes to other cinnamon flavorings such as Cinn Custard and Bread Pudding? There are times that it causes major irritation in my throat and other times it does not.

2 Likes

Totally wanna know how this works out!

5 Likes

My opinion is do not breath the concentrates, you are letting out at the good and bad. These are used at such low %s the alcohol is unnoticeable to me and the proper curing time will allow the alcohol to evaporate into the headspace of the bottle in your mixes.

Drops are not an accurate means by which to mix as there is no standardized aperture size. Volume or better yet a scale would be really beneficial in recreating your mixtures with little variance among them. You can still mix by drops with a scale, it will just be more accurate.

9 Likes

Im one of those that cant stand the smell of BTA. I have quite a few of RF’s VG line and several from the Extract line and have never smelled BTA. When he told me that some of the flavorings contained it i was floored and amazed.

3 Likes

This is welcome news! :hugging: i’ve got a cart filled with extracts and VG-based flavours at the moment…just waiting to see if @Walt_RealFlavors does a Black Friday or Cyber Monday thingie, as i don’t want to be the one who misses out if he does. :relaxed:

But yeah…that’s excellent news. Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Way to go on technical terms!!! I love me some aperture size. Lol

3 Likes

Some of my thoughts for the VG based flavorings.

Firstly, shake the holy bejesus out of them before mixing and then let them rest for a bit before you get started.

For single use i mix many in the 8-12% range for single mixes. Some of them i have used less of and a couple i have gone to 14% in a single mix.

I mix them at 80VG/20PG and the day before i am going to use them i will mix the VG flavoring with the PG i am going to use for the mix. Then the next day i add the VG and nic. I do this to make it a bit easier to fully homogenize the mixes. Well, at least it makes me feel better about it, hehe.

Mix and then shelve it for two months, while most are good to go in a month they are all better at 2 months. Shakem a few times during this period.

Things to avoid:

One of the hardest things to avoid is grabbing a straw, putting it into the flavoring and then drinking it straight from the bottle. While it may seem like a good idea at the time you will regret it when you get to the bottom of the bottle.

Mix away from your face and not directly over the bottles. This will help when you start drooling from the smell, some paper towel on your lap will help with the drooling on to your lap which makes it look like you peed your pants. This never happened to me but it happened to a friend…

Have fun and happy mixing!

7 Likes

@Ken_O_Where Many thanks Ken! :hugging: i will bear all of that in mind and re-read your post when using the VG-based flavours.

For now…i just mixed up a small bottle with RF French Toast extract/super concentrate at 2.5%. Nicotine is at 22 mg/mL, and it’s 70% PG, 30% VG. :slight_smile: Note to everyone: for the sake of being helpful to others, i’ll do what @MysticRose does and try these after a few days’ steep, and again at 1 month. This one i may need to shake and use tonight though. i need a good vape! :stuck_out_tongue: :heart:

3 Likes

You might find if you are mixing at high pg percentages like that you may end up going a little lower in percentage used. It carries the flavor much better than VG, so if you find it muted or chemically, that would be a sign to lower it a bit.

I was also shocked and worried about the small size of the opening on the twist spouts, but was surprised when mixing to find the drop size seemed very similar as the thin tips, I’m thinking it might be close?

So glad you finally got them, watching to see what you think :wink:

PS, I don’t usually breathe. I haven’t found any that have really needed it yet. It might happen eventually depending on the flavors I order in the future, but I would just mix like normal, and after steeping you find it harsh let it breathe with the tip on but cap off for 12 hours or so.

5 Likes

Just saying… The tape was all Walt haha. I was bored and roaming the internet.

As for the seals, I am not sure why they all did not heat seal on. Stupid various bottle types. [quote=“Ken_O_Where, post:1151, topic:51199”]
Does this mean there will be changes to other cinnamon flavorings such as Cinn Custard and Bread Pudding? There are times that it causes major irritation in my throat and other times it does not.
[/quote]

They are up for review in the next could days. I am working on some regulation things and not a huge fan of a couple ingredients.

3 Likes

Ohhhh, I hope they keep their flavor. They are sooooo good. You gotta do what you gotta do, but I think the flavor of your cinnamon is very yummy.

2 Likes

Thanks, Walt. I absolutely LOVE the flavor of the cinnamon, it is one of my favorites, but it is a coin toss as to whether it irritates me or not, of course i vape on either way. :confused:

1 Like

My goal is to smooth it out a bit. No flavor taste changes I promise.

4 Likes

Same here. I haven’t had any that need breathing either.

4 Likes