Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

What would ya’ll recommend to start with the Strawberry Milkshake as a stand alone? How 'bout the Vanilla Custard?

After liking one & then not being impressed with a couple of other RF flavors (not the extracts) I’m wanting to try a few others that I received in a sample order some time ago & have been sitting.

1 Like

I like vanilla custard as a standalone between 1.5% & 2%.

1 Like

I don’t have the raw extracts.
That’s the percentage for the regular? I was about to really overdo it I think. Their website says 6%-9%, which I never batted an eye at because I needed at least that percentage of the other flavors I have tried from them.

1 Like

If it’s the VG version, I wouldn’t be afraid of going 10-15% for SF. The VG custard really needs a 6-8 week steep. These flavors deepen and change completely with a longer steep. I’m thinking that might be part of the reason for people not liking the flavors. They tried them after an average steep time and they were weak that early.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes they are the VG versions. I know I had to take one of their flavors to 17% before so I wondered how accurate their website actually was. I don’t mind steeping something for a month or two if that’s what it takes. That is, as long as it’s worth it. There’s only one way to find out I guess. Thanks again.

1 Like

I still think people find better results with the super concentrates. TBH if you hit 2.5%, you are really pushing it to the max in my mind.

3 Likes

Just a heads up. I am beta testing the new site a bit more tonight. If you want to see it live, come join me in chat :smiley:

1 Like

Sadly I must go to bed. 10 days to go before I start my new job and no more getting up at 3:15am :upside_down_face: Do you have a special Wednesday deal? Maybe strawberry extract? There are really three flavors/extracts I want to try…strawberry, orange, and blood orange.

1 Like

Keep an eye out. I may drop something special in the morning if the lab is not too backed up.

3 Likes

:smiley: :kissing_heart: :bride_with_veil: :heart:

I would strongly urge you to not go to extremes when it comes to certain component aspects.

Personally, flavor is critical. Full stop.
I’ll repeat that: flavor is critical and “non-negotiable” for the big picture.

If you fundamentally alter the taste, then I stop buying. Like Hershey’s Chocolate for instance. I stopped buying a lifelong favorite brand, and an American icon a year ago when they changed the formula (as a result of moving their processing facilities. The loss is beyond measure, but the bottom line is, the product fundamentally changed.

I understand diacetyl (from a marketing point), as there’s so many people that succumb to the “campaign” to eliminate it due to the ties to the prior factory issue (even though levels of exposure are dramatically different). Personally however, even though I don’t think a miniscule percentage is harmful over the long haul, the facts are still out.

Now A/AP on the other hand seem to be in the minimal risk category, while having major contributions to flavor. When those two are removed (as evidenced by the use of substituting Butyric Acid as their replacement) things fundamentally change, and for everyone. To some, in a very negative fashion. To others like myself, while not negative, there is no doubt that the change remains obvious. (Those who do single flavor tests, and have compared the DX/v2 versions side by side with their original, can easily and obviously pick which is which.)

TLDR: If you are thinking about removing anything other than diacetyl itself, think long and hard. OR, think about introducing a second and adjacent line, if you’re wanting to assuage the paranoid (which I was one of for a time).

Considering the fact that we’re typically dealing with sub-1% numbers, on things that have not been scientifically shown to be a risk, I’m willing to chance it. Remind yourself that even the number one selling flavor out there has diacetyl (Capella Vanilla Custard v1) and/or A/AP. We’re minimizing the risks vs cigarettes and tobacco products.

Some things you just don’t monkey around with. Got that Hershey’s??

1 Like

I fully understand. If it helps ease your mind. The formulas are only being tweaked to remove items the TPD has told us they do not want in flavors. The “revised” ones would only be sold to the EU as TPD approved. (AKA we have the testing on file so they don’t have to do anything.

Sort of like how we have a “Master File” with the FDA, we need one in the EU now as well but during the first round of submissions they rejected 50% of our flavors… Ugh :stuck_out_tongue:

The goal is to sell a couple versions of the same flavor (US, and EU versions).

Sorry I honestly suck and being 100% when I type something out. It is just what I am thinking at the moment. I apologize if you scared you :smiley:

3 Likes

No problem at all! I’m probably the one who should apologise if I came across too harsh!

But yeah, with the craze lately to retire v1’s (but notably: not their prime money maker…) Yeah, I was a bit nervous. Lol Especially when you factor in the rest of the food industry’s tendency to want to use “new and improved” to renew sales volume in a lagging period. :rolling_eyes:

How soon they forget New Coke! LMAO
I wish Hershey’s would recant as fast as Coke did. :cry:

Grrrrrr TPD sucks!

I thought you were in England!? Hopefully, with Brexit you won’t have the TPD to worry about once the transition is complete!!

Does being up an interesting question though. Any input or thoughts that you can share on that Walt?

I am indeed…but I think we are pretty much stuck with TPD until we officially Brexit and goodness knows when that is actually going to happen…could be a few years away I think. It does make me wonder at what point we actually become “Brexited” and what legislation the UK Govt will then throw at us (which has the potential to be even worse that TPD!!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah! Keep the faith! You’ve already got the Royal College Of Physicians leading the way…Not to mention a bevy of politicians who vape!

I think your chances are far greater being out than those poor folks who are still under the umbrella of the TPD. =(

1 Like

I use their Coconut Cream Pie in lots of things.

Please share experience with this flavor.

1 Like

Tried it on its own at 10percent, pretty nice, rich enough coconut, quite authentic, more like the dessicated chopped up kind. The cream pie is just that, creamy, light, with a bit of bite. But it shines as an addition and I haven’t seen it fail yet especially with fruits.

1 Like