Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I had to search myself as I didn’t know they had it.Here is a link
https://www.realflavors.com/products/sweetener-stevia-1

3 Likes

Ok I will try to reply to as much as I can :wink:

Interesting. I am curious why that is happening for you. I would be interested in maybe getting a recipe you made and I will make a bottle here to test.

This one has be curious. I would love to hear the lot numbers from both of these. Maybe I can see if these were any notes about this. As for Sugar Cookie being added, I honestly have no clue where that is coming from. I promise you that those two are different flavors and would never be mixed today. If someone said that to you, please let me know.

Also don’t worry about saying negative things! How else can I find out about problems ha. I love feedback, more so the negative ones. It really helps me make a better product.

As for as changing the formulas on the fly, that really does not happen. The only change was back in May / June when we had to change the cinnamon due to safety concerns.

Besides that cinnamon change, that was the first change ever done. The QC department would kill me if I changed formulas :stuck_out_tongue:

To add, the extract color likes to change a bit depending the source. We are attempting to buy in bigger amounts so that does not happen.

Never worry about contacting me. As a customer, it is my job and responsibility to be transparent and available to you. You trust me by putting an order in and giving me your hard earned money, the least I can do is help with any issues. I live by that motto!

Trying to expand in to more and more.

Shoot me over your recipe. I want to make a version for my self to test if you do not mine. (PG/VG and all that fun stuff)

12 Likes

Hi @Walt_RealFlavors! Thank you for reply.
Ok lot numbers for Apple Pie , 1st bottle that I really loved: 17230A5AC, the second bottle where I found totally different flavor: 17230A662. Sorry for photo quality, here is the difference in color.

4 Likes

Ready for your weird things you randomly learn lol

Our lot numbers are easyish to reverse.
17230A5AC
17230 is the product code (this has changed since Dec 1st to a 3 letter code)
A5AC is the date that batch was made in HEX.

So
17230A5AC was made on Feb 12th 2016
17230A662 was made on Aug 12th 2016

I will pull both those logs and see what they say. I know that there is a bit of cinnamon in Apple Pie but it should not have been that crazy different.

On the Lot ending in A662, was the seal broken when you opened it? It does seem way darker, I wonder if it was not sealed properly with nitrogen before shipping. Improper seals can cause exposure issues. (btw feel free to email cs@realflavors.com and they will send you a replacement bottle for free. I am just trying to troubleshoot your issue so we can make sure no one else here ever has the same issue.)

9 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors Ok let me describe the difference in taste, because I dont want to receive 1litre of same recipe, if it was changed.

17230A5AC was perfect, I tried many your flavors, so I can say it was simple mix of apple and cinnamon custard, without any “crust” notes.

17230A662 this one has ALOT of “crust”, I tried your Sugar Cookie Raw flavor, it is here, or some parts of this concentrate. And this one I dont like, I cant notice cinnamon, even I shaked this bottle :smile: Apple is here, but with that amount of crust it is faded here. You asked about sealing, it was good, your 1l bottles are always sealed well.

Hope this helps you)

And regarding this topic, with last order I received Cinnamon Roll Raw (lot: 54564GA67B) without any cinnamon in it. How it should taste comparable to your VG version?

3 Likes

Id like to throw this out there as to the flavors weakening over time when compared to the VG based flavorings. If one has used flavorings that have an alcohol base then you have noticed this before. Take Sweet Strawberry (CAP) for example, it becomes a much better albeit a weaker flavor as it cures. This is a result of it being partially alcohol based and these are entirely alcohol based. As the alcohol evaporates into the head space of the bottle the flavorings lose a bit of potency.

Just my thoughts and something i have been keeping in mind when i mix with these.

EDIT: To add a bit more of my thoughts. Compare these to MF, for example, MF becomes stronger (some of their extracts) over time as there is no alcohol, or only a couple of extracts, to evaporate. Again, these are just my thoughts based on my experience.

7 Likes

I grabbed these during the BF sale:

Peach Extract × 1
Root Beer Fountain Style Extract × 1
Pear Extract × 1
Pineapple Extract × 1
Oatmeal Cookie Extract × 1
Strawberry Extract × 1
Yumberry Extract × 1

I had to go out of town for a bit so i havent got to mix them yet but they all smell fantastic. Not a single leak in the bunch.

Im trying not to get carried away with flavorings again, i just got rid of a second bunch of stuff that ill never use to keep things more manageable. Kind of hard tho, im not finding any that i dont like.

And i just noticed that i forgot blueberry, again, frack…

8 Likes

I mixed this up tonight. This Sweet Potato taste very good so far. I mixed it higher just in case I get a flavor drop. The finger taste is great right now.

Sweet Potato Cookie Bars

Ingredient %
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 0.5
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.3
Marshmallow (Flavorah) 0.8
Meringue (FA) 0.5
Molasses (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.5
Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors) 2.2
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.03
Sweet Potato (SC) (Real Flavors) 3.5

Flavor total: 8.33%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

11 Likes

Some great news could be on the horizon for us Brits who are desperate to get on the raw train!
I messages the lovely folks at Chefs Flavours and got this promising reply!

‘We will be looking into purchasing these as a lot more people are asking about them :)’

Maybe Christmas will come early?

5 Likes

My extracts have arrived! I’ve had a good read of everybody’s notes so far and am going to mix up some testers tomorrow:

Baked Bread 1%
Butter Toffee 2%
Caramel 2%
Condensed Milk 1.5%
French Toast 2%
Fried Dough 2%
Molasses 1.5%
Rice Crispy Treat 2%
Strawberry 2%
Vanilla Custard 2%
White Chocolate 2%
Yumberry 2%

Planning on doing a test vape at 48hrs and then on a week 1-4 basis and I’ll pop any notes into this post when I have some :blush:

EDIT: baked bread dropped from 2% to 1%

6 Likes

I was talking to someone today about how I mix and now I’m questioning my mixes. I was pretty much told from a great friend who has more experience then me that I tend to over flavor a bit with some of these new flavors. I mixed one of her recipes that she told me to and the total flavor was 4.65% and had 8 flavors. It was absolutely delicious and spot on to what it was supposed to be. I was kind of in shock that I could mix that low and get great results. I’m wondering if maybe we are finding these flavors to drop so hard because we are mixing them too high (1-2%). I say we because I’m going off what others have said. I just got a bunch of these flavors and have just started testing them. @Walt_RealFlavors

6 Likes

Very interesting and that very well could be the case, was the mix you did at 4.65% using the raw extracts?

2 Likes

Some raw extracts 2 flavors and 5 new flv flavors and 1 ide flavor. I’m comparing these 2 bc I feel like they are sister companies and have a lot of the same notes. No proof but betting they are getting they’re flavors from the same company. I feel that IDE flavors is also a sister company. I need to make some testers and maybe try cutting my recipes in half and sitting both bottles to the side and see how they steep out.

The percentages used were this
IDE 0.5
Flv 0.5
Flv 1.5
Flv 0.25
Flv 0.75
Flv 0.15
RF 0.5
RF 0.5

2 Likes

That is a very real possibility, we are all in the experimental phase here. Determining the strength of a flavoring is a long process. Usually it would require several single flavor tests mixes at different %'s and then judge over set periods of time, something that i used to do but havent been as of late.

9 Likes

I can tell you that one MAJOR manufactor that uses the super concentrates only uses 2.7% total and it is one of the top selling juces out there… shhhh! Don’t ask any more… you will get me in trouble!!!

8 Likes

I promise you a recipe blog soon. I will also add them to ELR.

7 Likes

Let’s hurry with our experiments before we get sent to the nursing home

6 Likes

Curious about the baked bread as I got some too yet not real sure what I can blend with it other than caps golden butter and garlic

3 Likes

are you speaking of your SC flavors or other brands?

1 Like

Nah it’s burnt popcorn at 2%. Now I’m curious as well to see what it would be like at 0.25%. I’m telling you we are over flavoring this stuff. I’m going to start doing testers at 0.5% and letting them sit a few days.

4 Likes