Real Flavors Super Concentrates. Really?

I can not be a lot of help for you because I have not tried very many and none of the ones you have already mentioned.

I do like the RF SC as a single flavor mix
Melon Medley 3% to 4%
Cookies and Cream 4% to 6%
Butter crisp candy bar 5% to 6%
Deep fried cookies and cream 5% to 6%

I also try to avoid PG but I add way less DW than you do. I have found anything over 3% DW does not work for me. The difference may be I do direct lung style vaping.

Something else you could try is 1 drop per 30ml of saline solution. It will enhance many flavors.

4 Likes

So ok, seems many people suggest to try lower percentages to avoid over saturation.
I just mixed Yumberry at 1% plus 12%DW and VG.
As shake and vape taste of… almost nothing! :frowning:

Will try again on next days, even if I think Yumberry alone needs not a long steep.

Not sure where to go from here…

1 Like

Wow… try lowering that down a bit too :slight_smile:
that’s a lot of DW, try something around 3-4%

and keep increasing your flavor % until it hits the spot

4 Likes

I agree as I posted above.

I think the 10% to 12% DW may be a big part of the issue.

That said 100% VG can be hard to get many tanks to wick in. That is why when I found Squonking I have never went back to tanks.

5 Likes

I also thought about the DW, so I also made a 5% DW mix (Still Yumberry at 1%).
A bit better but still… very weak. Unvapable.

Btw, in past I used to put 12-15% DW with RY4 Double (TPA) and worked very well. But this is a PG flavor.

As a side note, using 100% VG for MTL with 10-12 Watt is not that easy. Maybe it works better at higher power for DL vaping, but this is not my case.

2 Likes

I can see the problem now… MTL does most times require a bit thinner liquid (50/50 or 60/40).

Maybe you should check @Maureeenie’s thread about using distilled water + vodka (used as flavor carrier), she might be able to help you out a bit better.
When I tried it, i didn’t like the throat hit (very harsh) but that may be due to the quality of vodka I used. DW is only going to dilute your liquid, its not really going to act as a flavor carrier.

I don’t know exactly what problem you have with PG, different people have different levels of sensitivity, but it might be worth trying tiny amounts of PG in your liquids as well to see what levels your body can cope with. I’ve heard from a few people returning to low level PG liquids for flavor with success, it might work for you too.

5 Likes

Well I don’t mtl nor have I mixed much for mtl or low wattage devices but you will need more flavour as a result. I wouldn’t push yumberry much past 1.5% - 2% . The one thing I have found when using RF is the window between too much and not enough is quite small and using either too much or too little will have much the same result - no flavour or flavour fade.

I hope you find the right spot for you it may take some patience.

3 Likes

This is not necessarily true, it depends by the hardware you use.
As I said, I’m currently mixing 3% RY4 with 12% DW and 85% VG. This is the max PG I can tolerate without having too many adverse effect (throat irritation, skin rushes, etc.).
I works very well and I can even go to 5% DW if needed without problem even as MTL.

Fact is, RY4 is the only PG flavor that used at 3% I consider vapable (still a bit weak), so I put my hopes into Real Flavors to have more choice.

However, despite all suggestions, for which I thanks everyone, I’m now vaping Yumberry at 2% with 5% DW and it’s still very very disappointing. It’s not fun at all.

Will continue to test and maybe will also try vodka, however I’m also considering stop vaping at all.
:frowning:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

3 Likes

If you are not super sensitive to pg as some are have a try of some of the flv flavours some are very strong and you wont need a lot to get strong flavour .

If you give yumberry a bit of time it does develop some.

Try some of SmokyBlue’s flv recipes that may hit the spot for you or at least give you some good ideas/starting points.

3 Likes

If you’d consider quitting vaping without picking up tobacco alternatives… :+1:
Otherwise, I wouldn’t give up just yet because you have a couple set backs. There are other flavors from RF that may work for you and if it’s a brand issue, there are others that do VG flavors as well ( https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/advanced-pv-mod-making-and-diy-discussion/mixology/threads/list-of-pg-free-flavour-concentrates.143606/)

3 Likes

10% DW is really high! I found it muted my mixes horribly at that and even at 4-5%. I tried it with 1% vodka to help break down the VG, too. No luck. Other people have had success with this. But it just didn’t do it for me.

My wife is PG sensitive so I tried a few ways to mix for her. I settled on just using Pg-free concentrates and extracts and omitting DW and Vodka all together.

Hit Max VG on the calculator, give it a very thorough shake, give it at least a week to steep (3-4 weeks is better) shaking it every so often during the steep, dont over-do it with flavor %s. And you should be great!

She uses a Cleito and the viscous mixes work beautifully. No wicking issues. There is a bit of alcohol in most of the Pg-free concentrates, and it thins the mix just fine.

If you check out my stash, there are over 100 PG-free flavors in there, 99% of which are good to great. I dont own any PG-based concentrates.

6 Likes

Not all of Real Flavors SC line is PG free. Some contain up to 10% and higher PG in them so I thought I’d let you know.

6 Likes

Can you provide a link to that info? I thought @Walt_RealFlavors said that wasn’t the case. There was a recent thread about this, but I’m not able to dive into it at the moment.

2 Likes

I still watching it for the further info Walt was going to provide in regards to the sds sheets

5 Likes

Thanks! Only have a minute…

“…added in the label that some flavors may contain a small amount of PG in them because there are a few that do (3 of the current flavors listed on the site have PG). White Chocolate is the highest at around 2.75%, followed by Yogurt 1.85%, and Toasted Blend (I do not remember and can’t find the amount on my phone but it is under 1%)” -from Walt-

seems to reason that none of the SC line contain anywhere near 10% PG.

3 Likes

Click on the MSD link on the product pages,

This particular flavor contains 10% PG.

1 Like

He said those are incorrect, from a 3rd party.

2 Likes

Your title of this thread suits it perfectly.

1 Like

Yeah, there is something amiss, but in the quote I pasted above, he was responding to questions about those inaccurate MSD sheets, clarifying that there is no PG in all but 3 SC’s and very little in those.

4 Likes

Sorry, I missed this part before I responded!

For MTL, the theory that “over-flavoring mutes flavors” is probably inaccurate.

Flavor muting from over-flavoring occurs on the tongue and in the nose from too many flavor molecules bombarding the system, as I am to understand it, anyway… not in the mixture itself… so it seems that in a high-wattage DTL set-up, this would be a more prevalent problem. Low-wattage DTL set-ups vaporize a LOT less of the solution, so your getting a fraction of the flavor molecules that we get in a sub-ohm setting.

So, maybe try upping the total flavor up to 20-25-30% like in the olden days of DIY.

Just a hypothesis!

1 Like